I've been playing WOWs for a while (tier 7) and I think it is time to speak my mind about the game and invite thoughts / provoke developers to think more like players. (Special thanks to Jingles for great videos and insight)
This game is fantastic - contains a lot of detail, easy to play, challenge to master - it almost gives a feeling of life achievement.
Unfortunately human factor during the matches is a bit disappointing:
Most of the players tend to play with BB's with a false and selfish safety reasons. In this downscale environment of WoWs maps, this makes a horrible, pain-inducing experience for cruiser skippers and destroyer jockeys. I have given up playing with BB's two months ago as no team and no player deserves to get nailed just because of BB's not forming a line, not able to withstand fire and unable/unwilling to interrupt opposite BB's blowing up team members one by one. I even see many BB's waiting others to engage which can only be described as .....
On each tier I hoped to have more coordinated teams - instead I watch the same blunders. May be it is the nature of war. I'll speak my mind anyway.
WoWs should decide between having more players online with less loyalty or less players with more loyalty. Some more changes must be made in order to keep players motivated and even forming a better community than it is now. In short there must be more tactical obligations, more restrictions, more survivability and more score bonuses. (There is no better developer team in other games - terrific job in every update)
* Maps can be more vertical, some of them with less distractions giving space... Maps should be bigger.
* Land Masses and objective areas (caps) can be larger (or some may require a specific type and/or number of ships to be captured) and forcing teams to move fast on larger distances (like Battle of Suragao Strait) keywords: Denying, Delaying, Racing, Ambushing
* Initial deployment (start-up) can be changed - BB's in line, cruisers in a surrounding line, dd's in front e.t.c (historical references could be applied) (Put BB's in front if none of these are applicable!)
* Cruiser and Destroyer HP's must be improved if Wargaming doesn't want WoWs to become bumper cars in an amusement park...
* Carrier CAG should be improved, prices and required xp for next tier should be lowered. Cruisers should be relieved from choosing between Defensive AA and Hydro-Acoustic Search.
* Noone accepts in-match divisions and we don't even know what to do with it - in-match division system is practically useless - Matchmaking system can assign a player (or more) as the "Commodore" and some kind of formation slots on the sea may appear near his/her ship (keeping in that boundary may give some bonus xp just like "defended" - name it as "kept in formation") I think this one will increase competition and coordination vastly.
* Mastering/Focusing on one type of ship should also be awarded. (I am aware and very fond of Campaing tasks)
* Close range torpedo shots are a joke. Hollywood tought us minimum 1000 yards is needed to arm a torpedo (hohoho) really please change this in favor of BB's or show me a historical example of dd's launching fishes from less than 2km's against cruisers and battleships.
Thanks for reading if you had, double thanks for developers if they have read...
Pro's and Con's to my suggestions are sincerely welcomed, I know it sounds like a wishlist