No thanks to the Naval Training Centre. Keep the game appealing to newbies. Please.
I actually don't mind keeping the premium consumables unchanged, as you need to make it appealing to grind credits (AKA buying premium ships and game time). By all means you need to keep the lights on and the servers running.
So here's some silly ideas that you could put behind some ridiculous exp walls for players:
- Golden permacamos. No real stat bonuses, just a way to show off you've mastered a line completely. Available for people that have ground out a line completely and earned 100 000 exp on all ships (adjusted per tier ofc so a tier 6 golden camo requires less exp than a tier 10)
- The ability to toot a horn for longer. Now for more exp spent you get more seconds to annoy other players.
- Space/Halloween camos are now available by grinding them out on a ship.
- Unique Flag or Patch, because obligatory.
- Special death animations. Sci fi camos could disintegrate, Halloween camos could fade away like ghost ships. Make em simple to save effort.
- Unique commander voice lines - now you can add in sillier voices or more serious ones. There are plenty of mods for WoT that do not infringe on copyright but still change the voices. For instance a shoutier German voice, or a snobbier French voice. Or a Kung Fu 'HIYAAA' when you ram other ships.
- The ability to change aircraft engine noises for 'Ride of the Valkyries'.
Or just implement it anyway., I'll just quit. Recently found Homeworld on a CD, still gotta complete that too.