All in all , at the core ... it's basically the same thing - the only thing different is the slower pace of the game , lack of premium ammunition (replaced by the use of flags in theory). Concepts like angling are still present but others like aiming are obviously different.
1. They constantly release OP premiums or normal ships that are OP just to make people grind towards a certain line . Nerf it in a few patches . Just like in WOT. Some just in time for Ranked (Harugumo I'm looking at you , LoYang when was launched etc)
2. CVs take the role of Arty. And yes , they can kill you in one "drop". CVs make much more difference in game than arty did in WOT.
3. Same unbalanced gameplay and worse in consistency than WOT. (meaning you played gearing all your life having a specific playstyle and then let's release harugumo to basically change everything about how you play your gearing - basically changing your brawling play style to a hide and seek playstyle )
4. WG can't balance games . Actually no , WG does not want to balance games. Balance in MMO does not make money.
5. It's basically the same MM / RNG that frustrated you in WOT but now you CAN do damage to that +2 tier BB and no more bounce bounce bounce nonsense you saw in WOT.
5. If you are playing at a casual level (a few games a day)and don't care about performance it could be better and more fun involved than WoT - once you see the shortcomings and lack of balance .... nah you realise the bad sides and it would not be so fun anymore.