Event Calendar - May

Event Calendar May

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

MrConway #1 Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:53 AM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff

Captains,

The event calendar for May is here - with a taste of what you might expect in updates, specials and more!

DISCLAIMER: Any and all items in the calendar are subject to change - for up-to-date information follow our portal and Facebook page!

Updates

Something is cooking!

Update 0.6.5

A new update will come and bring some valuable goodies some time during May. We can't say more right now - but the Public Test will start soon!

Forum Upgrade

Around May 10 we will also upgrade your favourite forum (that is this one, just to be clear ;)). What can you expect? Well... Better visuals, calendars, question sections... and smoother operation! Keep your eyes peeled for the news!

New Ships

As you may already know, new ships are coming soon - with a bit of luck, you may meet them in May!

The Mighty Hood

You may have noticed her Facebook - the mighty Hood is already roaming the High Seas and will continue to do so throughout May!

Kaga

Another upcoming Premium you may already meet in game - the majestic Imperial Japanese Navy carrier Kaga. Beware of her bombers!

De Grasse

After bringing in a full branch of French cruisers, you may begin to see the Premium light cruiser De Grasse shortly after Update 0.6.5.

Kidd

...and the same goes for a brand new Fletcher class destroyer with a pirate captain painted on her smokestack!

Missions

As usual, the May missions will be themed around naval historical events that took place in May!

26 April - 03 May: WEEKLY MISSIONS- Invasion of Tulagi (1942)

• As part of the expansion towards Australia and to cover the invasion of Port Moresby, the Japanese fleet established a base on the little island of Tulagi. They immediately suffered a surprise raid by the USS Yorktown. Causing significant losses, this raid set the scene for the Battle of the Coral Sea.
  • No rules. No ship class limits. Just destruction and experience!
  • Top prize: New camouflage pack - and some Consumables!

03 - 10 May WEEKLY MISSIONS - Battle of the Coral Sea (1942)

• Attempting to secure Papua - New Guinea, the Japanese invasion convoy bound for Port Moresby encountered an unexpected problem - two US Navy aircraft carriers in the area. The first ever battle between aircraft carriers started - and while the Americans lost more ships, the Japanese were forced to abandon the advance against Port Moresby.
  • All classes were involved in this battle... But for the top prize you should brush up on your carrier handling!
  • Top prize: Battle Hardened camouflages - and Defensive AA modification!

10 - 17 May: WEEKLY MISSIONS - Battle of the Strait of Otranto (1917)

• While World War I in the Adriatic was mostly static, the Austro-Hungarian navy did try to break through the Allied blockade several times. Time to remember even less known battles!
  • Just shoot up everything you see (as long as it is in the Red team that is!)
  • Top prize: A Captain for Bougainville - with his own bunk and extensive Naval academy training!

17 - 24 May: WEEKLY MISSIONS - Bombardment of Ancona (1915)

• After last week we are staying in the Mediterranean - just two years earlier. When Italy declared war in 1915, the Austro-Hungarian navy did not hesitate and quickly launched a surprise naval bombardment of strategic targets.
  • Let's burn the enemy port to the ground!
  • Top prize: Battle Hardened camouflages - and Spotting Aircraft Modification 1!

24 - 31 May: WEEKLY MISSIONS - Battle of Tsushima (1905)

• Tsushima, 112 years ago. The Japanese Navy's own Trafalgar, the battle that broke the back of the Imperial Russian Navy... And the battle that, ultimately, paved the way to the Pearl Harbor and Midway. 
  • This is an all-out battle. Sink them all!
  • Top prize: You will see - it's a surprise!

Specials

05 - 09 May: SPECIAL - Fleet Review

• Victory Day celebrations are here - and with them some nice surprises.

13 - 16 May: SPECIAL - Nation Spotlight - German Battleships

• Boost your progress through the tree!

20 - 23 May: SPECIAL - Class Spotlight - Carriers

• Practice mastering the decisive weapon of WWII at sea!

27 - 30 May: SPECIAL - Expand the Port

• There are never too many port berths!

Events

Clash of the Elements

The Clash ends on May 4 - however you will have until May 18 to spend the coins! Get the goodies as long as they are there!

How French are you?

The French cruiser contest will go on until mid May. Show us what you can do with them and win prizes!

Hunt for Bismarck

Another new event coming just for you - we cannot tell you any more yet, but keep your schedule open for the second half of the month!

Wallpaper

As usual we also have the Monthly wallpaper for you - both with the historical calendar and without it!

WALLPAPER

CALENDAR

Cybernetic_X #2 Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:29 PM

Seaman

• Players

Nice!

Really looking forward to the introduction of the new ships.

I wasn't event aware another prem Frenchy was in the works. So that's a nice surprise too!

Keep up the good work :child:

MolochZ #3 Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:43 PM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

Interested to know more about the Kidd.

DR_Valinrista #4 Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:03 PM

Able Seaman

• Players

Improvements in calendar presentation & event quality, I like that :)

Edited by DR_Valinrista, 30 April 2017 - 01:03 PM.

Webley_Mark #5 Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:11 PM

Admiral

• Wiki translation

View PostMrConway, on 30 April 2017 - 11:53 AM, said:

Hunt for Bismarck

Another new event coming just for you - we cannot tell you any more yet, but keep your schedule open for the second half of the month!

It's hunt time! :izmena:

Leonidt_Nulles #6 Posted 30 April 2017 - 01:38 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

Hood is an instant buy ofc. But should she not be t6, (as she is just above Tiger/Kongo that is t5), and not t7?

Live85 #7 Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:07 PM

Petty Officer

• Weekend Tester

I wonder if we're getting a chance to get a free Mikasa at the end of the month... :)

Edited by Live85, 01 May 2017 - 07:03 PM.

still_guns #8 Posted 30 April 2017 - 02:13 PM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

Missed opportunity with De Grasse. The real one ended up being a bit like a French Atlanta, but this is just a clone of the La Galissonierre

MoveZig #9 Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:12 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Players

That French cruiser graphic looks like an ad for toothpaste. I want it as my wallpaper.

GeorgeT1012_gt #10 Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:36 PM

Able Seaman

• Players

Well, the hunt for Bismarck may turn into the hunt for Hood.....:look:

Rumor says this will be something like the Graf Spee event but with the Hood as the reward!:)

At least thats what people say.

I hope for the best! :rolleyes:

:read_fish: I love historical accuracy - I don't like ships/configurations that never existed in blueprints :smart_fish:

zFireWyvern #11 Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:47 PM

Midshipman

• Alpha Tester

View Poststill_guns, on 30 April 2017 - 03:13 PM, said:

Missed opportunity with De Grasse. The real one ended up being a bit like a French Atlanta, but this is just a clone of the La Galissonierre

I'd expect to see the Colbert take that spot as a higher tier Premium French Cruiser, they were sister-ships after all. Introducing a Premium that is very similar to the ships in the line rather than a more unique design makes sense to me in terms of captain training as they'll use the same skills, that's just my take on it anyway.

Click my signature to see my historical WoWS Skins!

MrConway #12 Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:40 PM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff

View PostDR_Valinrista, on 30 April 2017 - 02:03 PM, said:

Improvements in calendar presentation & event quality, I like that :)

If you have any other suggestions on what we could improve, let me know :)

twitterqxkfa.pngfacebook65yzk.pngyoutube1nk0c.png

ShortySunderland #13 Posted 30 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

NA gets to know everything upfront as of now. Requirements, rewards,...

This new EU-format is better than the old, but is still seriously lagging behind compared to what NA and RU got. Why the secrecy? Why the release of critical detail on the shortest notice possible? Can you give me a good reason of why you won't make the announcements a monthly thing? It's not that the weekly/weekend missions create a hype or something, since 9/10 they are very underwhelming and uninspiring (removal of the X2 first win bonus when there is a commander XP event happening, while every other server gets those combined). 

This month it seems like the same stuff we are being fed for months now: dull and uninspired. It's like the "Weekly Offers" on the Premium shop, always the same, always underwhelming, always not really worth it.

Welcome to the EU Server, where you have to pay for stuff other servers get for free, by just playing the game. The server where players are treated like dogsh*t on a shoe, and where WG collects f*ckups, mocks their customers and enforces censorship. The server without any community care.

Smeggo #14 Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:21 PM

Midshipman

• Players

Have seen the new gamelauncher on the NA-Site. Wondering if it is working here too? :hmm:

Check out my little submarine-browser-game: http://uboot-sim.com:great:

Looking for other coop-players to div? Join the channel "Coop & PVE  - Free for all" 

iJoby #15 Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:56 PM

Warrant Officer

• Players

View PostShortySunderland, on 30 April 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

NA gets to know everything upfront as of now. Requirements, rewards,...

You are so right. and this looks great for NA : - Changing Things Up for WorldofWarships.com

I have stopped subs on EU and now also use the NA client for the better way they are treated.

No time for Hate, Plenty of time for Love, Family, and Friends

13Ninjas #16 Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:10 PM

Able Seaman

• Players

View PostSmeggo, on 30 April 2017 - 09:21 PM, said:

Have seen the new gamelauncher on the NA-Site. Wondering if it is working here too? :hmm:

lol... It would be nice, but don't forget, we are EU, so don't hold your breath.

svadilfari #17 Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:35 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Players

carrier spotlight? does that mean that those ominous improvmements will happen at that time. one can only pray

blindhai #18 Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:30 PM

Able Seaman

• Players

I am curious if there is a crew xp to free xp conversion event soon. I am so close to the Missouri, but wouldnt mind to convert the rest...for a good price.

PeterBrooks_1 #19 Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:13 PM

Able Seaman

• Players

Would the 'Hunt for Bismark' event consist of; 'Buy Hood, then play for Bismark'? Call me an old cynic, or maybe it's a lucky guess.

Edit; I was close. Will the event be time gated, like the Hunt For Graf Spee, or will we be able to chase it in our own good time? Its a juicy prize to go for.

Edited by PeterBrooks_1, 04 May 2017 - 11:12 PM.

LadyJess #20 Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:17 AM

Leading Rate

• Players

:great:Major improvement. Nice going. :honoring:

Also tagged with Event Calendar, May

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users