Old Mikasa/Pre-dreadnought Appreciation Society thread - Please see page 27

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
525 replies to this topic

HMS_Worcester #1 Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:45 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

Ahoy captains! I bring you the announcement of the foundation of the official Mikasa/Pre-dreadnought Appreciation Society.

Never destined to set the game world on fire, she is still a fun ship and one I believe is greatly under appreciated by many.

So whether you like her for gameplay or historical reasons, even if you don't own her, join the society today and spread the word of this fun little vessel or just talk about her with like minded people. :honoring:

If you want to add her to your port, go here: https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/vehicles/3214/ or in the tech tree for 2000 Doubloons.

If you want to read a review of her from the excellent reviewer LittleWhiteMouse, follow this link: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/50517-premium-ship-review-mikasa/

Also, you can read this work in progress guide from society member Cpt_Cowper_Coles: http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/63736-disliked-ship-guide-3-mikasa/

I have now set up a chat channel in-game for the use of the fleet captains. My hope is that it will make it easier for them to find each other and battle together.

The channel is called: Mikasa Appreciation Society (it should appear if you type "Mikasa" into the channel search) and the password for it is: tsushima

Anyone who wants their name added to the member list below, please let me know in your comment/post, thanks.

Captains in our fleet:

1MajorKoenig

506_Mephisto

aguir

Amon_ITA

aquiles7389

AtomskHD

Bellegar

Bismarck_chan

broja_jacra

BrotherSurplice

Carl_Edward_Sagan

Chocan

CLyDeThaMonKeY

Combat_Hamster

Condor1976

Cpt_Cowper_Coles

creamgravy

DarthDon49

Defcon13

dr_julio84

Drunken_Jedi

Egoleter

Elbschlucker

Elo_Naj

Eloyan

Ferry_25

GhostRider_24

Hanszeehock

Ictogan

imply_tha_best

kfa

Knightmare_Moon

Kaseko

_Kyoshi

LadyJess

lafeel

Larky2k

LordOzma

MadnerKami

Maximilian_Graf_von_Spee

MaxxyNL

mingbat

MrFingers

NyronGT

orlathebeast

peoplescavalry

Petao_Sofronije

PeterBrooks_1

Procrastes

puxflacet

RedStorm1

Robber_Baron

RUMIRUMI

SapperMark

SBS

Scipio_Africanus1829

ShockPirat

Soft_Kitty_Warm_Kitty

Sonic_157

soulmask

Spuggy

StringWitch

Szatanshow

Takru

TeeKay_

Temeteus82

Tirande

TMTNEZ

Todger_Fairmile

TopDawg

triumphgt6

Tuccy

Vanhal

VonBroich

Wargael

WolfGewehr

Xevious_Red

Edited by HMS_Worcester, 09 November 2016 - 07:28 AM.

(Retired) Founder of the Official Mikasa/Pre-dreadnought Appreciation Society.

Proud (retired) member of the Dreadnought Era Appreciation Society

Ships in my port - Campbeltown, Warspite, Albany, Wickes, South Carolina, Clemson, Phoenix, Arkansas Beta, Wyoming, New York, Texas, New Mexico, Atlanta, Diana, Aurora, Imperator Nikolai I, Gremyashchy, Blyskawica, Mikasa, Ishizuchi, Emden, Dresden, Kolberg, Karlsruhe, Königsberg, Tirpitz

Brett50 #2 Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:59 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

*tumbleweed blows through* :P

Larky2k #3 Posted 12 April 2016 - 11:15 PM

Leading Rate

• Weekend Tester

I enjoy playing the ship :) 
"And When he gets to heaven,
To Saint Peter he will tell;
One more Soldier reporting, sir.
I've served my time in Hell!"

Nechrom #4 Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester

Fun? Most definitely.

Good? Uh...

Geralt_z_Rivii365 #5 Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:12 AM

Lieutenant

• Weekend Tester

Few times I played Mikasa and only once I was in tier 2 only MM with cruisers and destroyers. Most of the time to balance BB vs BB MM is throwing me into tier 3 Battleships fight and other tier 3 ships. That's not really what I expected:/

If I can do it tomorrow, I won't do it today!

Trigger_Happy_Dad #6 Posted 13 April 2016 - 05:30 AM

Admiral

• Beta Tester

Bismarck_chan #7 Posted 13 April 2016 - 06:36 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

I appreciate her. But more for historical reasons than gameplay ones. Pre-Dreadnoughts just look cool.

HMS_Worcester #8 Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:10 AM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

View PostNechrom, on 13 April 2016 - 12:13 AM, said:

Fun? Most definitely.

Good? Uh...

Exactly, she is fun. And to me as long as you are having fun in a ship it is worth owning. :)

View PostBismarck_chan, on 13 April 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

I appreciate her. But more for historical reasons than gameplay ones. Pre-Dreadnoughts just look cool.

Very good point, there are many reasons to appreciate this ship other than gameplay. :honoring:

Ships in my port - Campbeltown, Warspite, Albany, Wickes, South Carolina, Clemson, Phoenix, Arkansas Beta, Wyoming, New York, Texas, New Mexico, Atlanta, Diana, Aurora, Imperator Nikolai I, Gremyashchy, Blyskawica, Mikasa, Ishizuchi, Emden, Dresden, Kolberg, Karlsruhe, Königsberg, Tirpitz

HMS_Worcester #9 Posted 13 April 2016 - 07:12 AM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

View PostTrigger_Happy_Dad, on 13 April 2016 - 05:30 AM, said:

Nice find. :)

Getzamatic #10 Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:54 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Players

I quite enjoy running her out occasionally and she can at least farm close quarters expert signals for me whn I put a good captain in her.

I just wish she didn't suck quite so hard...

Procrastes #11 Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:26 AM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

I like the style of those old pre-Dreadnoughts, I like the idea behind this thread and I like that seriously entertaining video posted by Trigger Happy Dad. Thanks for brightening up my day, all of you!

How do I join up? (I don't own the ship, but I I'll probably certainly buy her next time I get the chance!)

Edited by Procrastes, 13 April 2016 - 12:23 PM.

HMS_Worcester #12 Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:29 AM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

View PostProcrastes, on 13 April 2016 - 11:26 AM, said:

I like the style of those old pre-Dreadnoughts, I like the idea behind this thread and I like that seriously entertaining video posted by Trigger Happy Dad. Thanks for brightening up my day, all of you!

How do I join up? (I don't own the ship, but I I'll probably buy her next time she's up for sale!)

Always happy to see another fan of the Mikasa and pre-Dreadnoughts as a whole. Welcome aboard captain :honoring:

Keep following the thread as I intend to add some more stuff at some point and I am going to try and organise some kind of ingame event in the future. Hopefully one that even people who don't own the ship can get involved with. :)

Edited by HMS_Dauntless, 13 April 2016 - 11:59 AM.

HMS_Worcester #13 Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:33 AM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

A quick note to anyone who wants their name added to the member list in the first post, please let me know in your comment/post, thanks. :honoring:

Defcon13 #14 Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:54 AM

Leading Rate

• Weekend Tester

I love to use her for farming the close combat flags... 

Sonic_157 #15 Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:56 AM

Warrant Officer

• Players

View PostHMS_Dauntless, on 13 April 2016 - 12:45 AM, said:

Ahoy captains! I bring you the announcement of the foundation of the official Mikasa Appreciation Society.

Never destined to set the game world on fire, she is still a fun ship and one I believe is greatly under appreciated by many.

So whether you like her for gameplay or historical reasons, join the society today and spread the word of this fun little vessel or just talk about her with like minded people! :honoring:

Anyone who wants their name added to the member list below, please let me know in your comment/post, thanks.

Sign me up please! Founding member. :honoring:

HMS_Worcester #16 Posted 13 April 2016 - 11:59 AM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

View PostSonic_157, on 13 April 2016 - 11:56 AM, said:

Sign me up please! Founding member. :honoring:

Welcome aboard Captain :honoring:

aguir #17 Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Sign me up. I love the pre-dreadnought's era. I wish there would be a special theme for WoWs, where you can battle only those ships + Victorian era ones. Damn...

And Tsushima movie is very impressive - I recommend it all.

1989, June 4th: first (partially) free parliamentary elections in post-war Poland
2016, June 4th: Polish Death Ride - the biggest Polish players' action of protest against WG

"150 tysięcy żołnierzy i 200 ton zaopatrzenia dziennie? Chcesz prowadzić wojnę czy przytułek?" Radeckij

HMS_Worcester #18 Posted 13 April 2016 - 12:24 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

View Postaguir, on 13 April 2016 - 12:20 PM, said:

Sign me up. I love the pre-dreadnought's era. I wish there would be a special theme for WoWs, where you can battle only those ships + Victorian era ones. Damn...

And Tsushima movie is very impressive - I recommend it all.

Welcome aboard Captain. :honoring:

I agree, a theme/mode like that would be great. I would be very happy if the added at least one pre-Dreadnought BB for each nation eventually.

Edited by HMS_Dauntless, 13 April 2016 - 12:25 PM.

Temeteus82 #19 Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:18 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

I have this beaty on my dock and i enjoy playing with it. So one more name to the list.

havaduck: dont you know? the caps are lava! ....... children like to play those kind of games ....

Procrastes #20 Posted 13 April 2016 - 04:21 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

Boy, now I'm really regretting that I didn't buy it when it was for sale last time...:(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users