The worst game experience to date (plus general rant)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

Nebel13 #1 Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:18 AM

Seaman

• Players

I should preface that i usual just lurk the forum, but today the game session just seemed so off putting that i want to ask the community if i'm imagining things or if indeed the quality of gameplay dropped even below the average "weekend-warrior" retardation that we should expect in freemium games.

Today i decided to queue up in my Cruisers to kick back and have some fun after a pretty hard work week. After being very disappointed that the Hood is being sold in this extremely unethical fashion, i was hoping to have some fun.

Seeing the insane amount of BB's on the MM i got a bad feeling. And so it turned out to be the worst time i've had playing this game so far. Just game after game of cowardly BB's hoping to grind out the campaign. I had heard that EU meta was very passive, and i do admit i'm not enjoying high tier battles so far given the massive amounts of camping and island hugging going around, but now, by the gods the ratty scummy attitude just shot through the roof with all the people eager to get a free Bismarck.

I'm really starting to wonder if things keep going like this if the game will be worth "investing" into in the near future. This was basically the first WG game i bought premium stuff for because it didn't felt as broken as WoT. But seeing how my preferred class (cruiser) doesn't have that much going for it in higher tiers other then to wait for the scraps left by BBs and DDs then what is the solution? I don't want to join the BB lemming train and while DD can be very fun when the gods allow it it is also simply the worst experience when RNG slaps you around.

It doesn't help when MM is +2/-2 either. Being a Graf Spee in a Tier VIII BB battle was some of the most unfun things i had to endure and if what as been said about the Hood is true, then that poor beggar is gonna have it even worse when uptiered compared to the Graf. At least the graf has a fairly low silhouette and good torps, the Hood is just a glorified punching bag (a 100€ punching bag lol).

End of rant.

Edited by Nebel13, 20 May 2017 - 01:19 AM.

CptMinia #2 Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:07 AM

Leading Rate

• Players

I went ahead and bought the hood. Mostly because I needed doubloons and a 12 point british captain could really help me out. But I do understand what you're saying, though in my opinion she is far from a punching bag. She has good speed, good armour, excellent traverse angles and a large HP pool. I'm doing an average of 80k damage in her which is not bad at all imo. Not to mention I managed 141k and 6 kills in a game. Personally, to me she is a good ship and will become very useful the day the british BBs arrive.

As for the recent overdose in BBs, remember the HftB campaign has plenty missions perfect for BBs. I certainly will avoid playing WoWS on the weekend for the next 3 weeks. 

Youtube  Youtube

Aragathor #3 Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:19 AM

Able Seaman

• Players

Since yesterday morning I have played exactly 1 BB game. I'm having crazy fun in cruisers (tiers 5-7), so many dumbo drivers in BBs that you can't miss when shooting blind.

After the weekend I expect things to calm down.

fallenkezef #4 Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:07 AM

Officer Cadet

• Players

One of the problems is the "survive and win" missions. This encourages people to sit at the back and hope the team carries you.
Engage the enemy more closely

ColonelPete #5 Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:02 AM

Admiral

• Players

There is no weekend warrior syndrome. We have bad WoWs player every day.

omardais #6 Posted 20 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

Seaman

• Players

View PostColonelPete, on 20 May 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

Yes there are bad players everyday but if there are more people playing at the weekend and there are more of those people who are not very good then that absolutely means there are more teams that will suffer for it.  I'm not saying that people win or lose more because of these teams but it is the way in which games are lost, thrown away or not even attempted to win is very much sympomatic of a weekend warrior syndrome as you put it, which for me is more painful to be a part of than just losing lots in hard fought, close games.

Nebel13 #7 Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:44 PM

Seaman

• Players

Gonna try DD session today to see if the current habbenings become a bit more palatable. Maybe a dram of whisky well help too ;)

tenacious_torps #8 Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:53 PM

Midshipman

• Players

Not the point. WG in their infinite wisdom decided it's a good idea to design a campaign containing many missions that even encourage bad play, which doesn't exactly help. They're back at their best again, infuriating people left, right and center. 
Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Nebel13 #9 Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:53 PM

Seaman

• Players

View Posttenacious_torps, on 20 May 2017 - 02:53 PM, said:

Not the point. WG in their infinite wisdom decided it's a good idea to design a campaign containing many missions that even encourage bad play, which doesn't exactly help. They're back at their best again, infuriating people left, right and center. 

Just an aside thought, seeing how this is a common theme with eastern F2P titles. I can't put it down to ignorance or inexperience. They know they are intentionally arming the game for short term profits and they are ok with it.

tenacious_torps #10 Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:15 AM

Midshipman

• Players

View PostNebel13, on 20 May 2017 - 04:53 PM, said:

Just an aside thought, seeing how this is a common theme with eastern F2P titles. I can't put it down to ignorance or inexperience. They know they are intentionally arming the game for short term profits and they are ok with it.

Yup, I've pointed out just that on more than one occasion myself. Which, of course, brings us to the next logical point: once you realize just that, is it really the sane option to invest in the game? Obviously the company behind it has doubts about the long term viability. Basically any purchase that's only paying back in the long run - premium ships the prime example - is extremely questionable, given that outlook. And that's before taking the business ethics on display into account, which obviously aren't anywhere near to what anybody could support wholeheartedly. 
Of all the things I lost I miss my mind the most - Ozzy Osbourne

Altsak #11 Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:46 AM

Seaman

• Players

There is no weekend warrior syndrome.

I get drunk only during the weekends.

There's your "weekend warrior syndrome".

Sculan #12 Posted 21 May 2017 - 11:03 AM

Seaman

• Players

Summary of weekend... 21 games played, first a win, then 20 losses in a row. This is an absolute joke and the chances for it to happen are in fact zero. Every loss one team is roflstomping the other one. Either the matchmaker is "rigged" or it just can't build up comparable teams. For me this was the decision to never ever again pay a single cent for that game, because I'm playing for fun and not frustration.

RogDodgeUK #13 Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:23 PM

• Moderators

Thread closed due to breaches of the forum rules <click here>Threads already exist where such discussions can be posted

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users