BB's the cowards choice of ship

• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

DreadArchangel #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:38 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Weekend Tester

Okay who else is sick and tired of them hugging the flanks or sitting at the back behind islands, i say should limit them the same as carriers to 1-2 pre game as the spoil the game in general.

Heinz_Mausberg #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:45 PM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

it's no wonder they are doing that with all the dd's not capping/scouting and the CA running from the enemy as soon as a red dot appears on their mini map.

Kevbar #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 08:46 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

:popcorn:

"Out of every One Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are just targets,
Nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.
Ah, but the One, One is a warrior, and He will bring the others back."
Heraclitus, 500 BC (allegedly!)

"Of all the branches of men in the armed forces there is none which shows more devotion and faces grimmer perils than the submariners." Winston Churchill

DreadArchangel #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:01 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Weekend Tester

View PostHeinz_Mausberg, on 19 May 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

it's no wonder they are doing that with all the dd's not capping/scouting and the CA running from the enemy as soon as a red dot appears on their mini map.

You are kidding right, lucky if you see 3 dd's there is always way More bb, the majority of them are just chicken-shite cowards end of story, the game would play so much better with less bb's in it.

GhostRider_24 #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:04 PM

Petty Officer

• Players

View PostHeinz_Mausberg, on 19 May 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

^^this always seems to happen. The second my "team mates" see the other team they seem to turn......

GhostRider_24 the queen of the sea, fear my mighty gun's :izmena:................................................................................................please don't shoot me :hiding:

Current ship count: 65

Jethro_Grey #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

Midshipman

• Players

View PostDreadArchangel, on 19 May 2017 - 09:01 PM, said:

You are kidding right, lucky if you see 3 dd's there is always way More bb, the majority of them are just chicken-shite cowards end of story, the game would play so much better with less bb's in it.

This applies to low and mid tiers only, the high tiers are crawling with DDs, 4-5 on each side each game.

Also, you are completely wrong in your assessment, the game would not play better with less BBs in it.

We don't need fewer ships of one class, we need fewer idiots and cowards playing them.

You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here.

mtm78 #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:20 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester

Block Quote

This user profile is private.

Posted Image

View PostJethro_Grey, on 19 May 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

This applies to low and mid tiers only, the high tiers are crawling with DDs, 4-5 on each side each game.

Also, you are completely wrong in your assessment, the game would not play better with less BBs in it.

We don't need fewer ships of one class, we need fewer idiots and cowards playing them.

Bull, each tier there are more CA's then DD's EXCEPT tier X... let alone the BB - DD ratio. Sad right, having facts get in the way off your anecdotes? 

Game would be so much better if we didn't have 47% BB's at tier 8 for instance.... 

http://forum.worldof...00#entry1820700

"First they nerfed the carriers and I didn't speak out because I didn't play carriers.                                    Then they nerfed the torpedoes and I didn't speak out because I didn't play IJN DDs.

Then they nerfed cruiser HE and I didn't speak out because I didn't spam HE.                                             Then they nerved concealment on every class except BB's, and I didn't speak out because I didn't have common sense

Then the BBabies came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me."        

El2aZeR #8 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

View PostJethro_Grey, on 19 May 2017 - 10:18 PM, said:

While this game indeed needs to improve the abysmal average player skill, having an overpopulated class brings with it it's own problems.

Fact remains BBs are too forgiving to play and seem to only get stronger with almost every patch.

GulvkluderGuld #9 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:27 PM

Officer Cadet

• Players

What? You mean they dont run from the beginning? Can I please have some of your teammates!

Just had 6-8 losses being top 3 on the team, and 8/10 games 8-10 of them ran like headless chicked to E1 or E10 and froze in horror a single BB appeared out of Fog Of War. They then proceeded to furiously run for a safe haven to camp

Edited by GulvkluderGuld, 19 May 2017 - 09:30 PM.

domen3 #10 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:28 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

Well if WG was better at balancing things (especially when events such as HfB happen) maybe there wouldn't be 5-6 BBs every game and 300 of them waiting to get in.
javascript:void(0)

Fourbombs #11 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:33 PM

Able Seaman

• Players

View Postdomen3, on 19 May 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

Well if WG was better at balancing things (especially when events such as HfB happen) maybe there wouldn't be 5-6 BBs every game and 300 of them waiting to get in.

I still say have games with 10BBs+ 2CVs vs 10BBs + 2CVs (or 12BBs vs 12BBs)

Problem solved with that 300 waiting

Smeggo #12 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:33 PM

Midshipman

• Players

Just saw 300 BBs waiting at T8. Something is wrong here. :hmm:

Check out my little submarine-browser-game: http://uboot-sim.com:great:

Looking for other coop-players to div? Join the channel "Coop & PVE  - Free for all" 

Tungstonid #13 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:46 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

View PostSmeggo, on 19 May 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

Just saw 300 BBs waiting at T8. Something is wrong here. :hmm:

Well, look at the missions and you know why.

At stage 1 for example, there is exactely one mission out of 9 that you can't do with a BB because it requires you to use a cruiser. The others can only or best be done with BBs. So no wonder the BB counter of the queue goes bonkers.

Maybe for the next campaign or event of this sort WG could introduce missions which either require cruisers or which are easier to do with cruisers, like "Hit enemies 100 times with your main battery in one battle" or "Spot 3 DDs with radar/hydro". This way, the population could be (forcefully) shifted.

I won't judge you by your stats in the first place but by your answer to the question: "Will you stay down and swallow that blood in your mouth. Or do you gonna stand up and go spill theirs?"

If you are interested in WoWS music videos, check out my Youtube channel.

Some ideas about how to fix and improve the replay system.

AgarwaenME #14 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:50 PM

Commander

• Beta Tester

View PostJethro_Grey, on 19 May 2017 - 09:18 PM, said:

Except that numbers.. actual facts you know, ie not "what I want to believe", just doesn't allow for that many DDs on average per game.

Question EU WG fair treatment of their customers and their competency -> Bans

Get caught cheating -> supertest position (as long as you suck up and have people cover for you)

That's the joke

domen3 #15 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:54 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostFourbombs, on 19 May 2017 - 10:33 PM, said:

I still say have games with 10BBs+ 2CVs vs 10BBs + 2CVs (or 12BBs vs 12BBs)

Problem solved with that 300 waiting

Agreed
javascript:void(0)

mtm78 #16 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:08 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester

I think the term you should use is 'Blacks' :izmena:

And yeah generalization... it's rather unavoidable with the current BB overpopulation, there are just so many that even IF there were as many baddies in other classes they are far less frequently met in the actual game ;)

"First they nerfed the carriers and I didn't speak out because I didn't play carriers.                                    Then they nerfed the torpedoes and I didn't speak out because I didn't play IJN DDs.

Then they nerfed cruiser HE and I didn't speak out because I didn't spam HE.                                             Then they nerved concealment on every class except BB's, and I didn't speak out because I didn't have common sense

Then the BBabies came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me."        

fallenkezef #17 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:23 PM

Officer Cadet

• Players

Yes and no

Most cowards in the game drive BBs but not all BB drivers are cowards.

I got a fair few hits in with my Hood's secondaries because I am aggressive and end up alone in the heart of the enemy because my team (cruisers and DDs) decided it's more fun to sit in spawn.

Had one game where my whole team was in line astern formation in our map half, it was like something from the 18th century French naval academy!

Engage the enemy more closely

Vaderan #18 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:38 PM

Officer Cadet

• Alpha Tester

Instead of blaming the overpopulation of a class and the behaviour of a majority their captains, ask for the reasons!

Why are there so many BBs? Why do they play like "chickens"?

Find the answer, come up with a solution, enlighten WG how to make it better. In a meta, where players fear ships they cannot see, using warheads coming out of nowhere, the majority of the (subaverage) players chose a class, that can 1.) survive several hits of those warheads, and b.) can engage with its weapons at a range, where they might be able to stay out of those warheads range. In Addition, thanks to another WG logic, those players aren´t even "lured" into a more "active" position within the game, since RNG screws up the shots of their main batteries, no matter if they remain at 20km, 10km or 5km range to the target. The ammount of "more reliability" in short range engagements, compared to the incredible increase of the risk "being sunk" doesn´t scale at all,

so these "chicken" players rather stay at max range with a 10% hitchance/ratio, than moving into brawling range, with a ~20-30% hitchance (including overpens and stuff), by simultaniously increasing the chance of being hit by shorter range weapons and warheads by 100%.

In addition, when a BB is introduced, which is capable of staying for it´s own, when all supporters long ran away, the DD and CA lobby, complaining about BBs missing in brawls, suddenly show up and demand nerfs for said BB (yes, i am looking at you, Bismarck), because it is "overperfoming" in their opinion.

In other words: BB overpopulation is bad, because they cannot be hit at range, which is their prefered method for selfdefense. BB overpopulation is also bad, when BBs show up at close range, but are able to defend themselves.

So, either make a BB overpopulation, that simply works as cashcows for the other classes, or limit their numbers, so there are either less camping or less effective brawlers in game... aye?

Edited by Vaderan, 19 May 2017 - 11:38 PM.

GhostRider_24 #19 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:51 PM

Petty Officer

• Players

Has anyone concidered that maybe people like to drive BBs because they are symbols of power and fame and tend to be famous?

Just a though.

They also have big guns which people like......

again just a though.

GhostRider_24 the queen of the sea, fear my mighty gun's :izmena:................................................................................................please don't shoot me :hiding:

Current ship count: 65

rigawe #20 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:57 PM

Leading Rate

• Beta Tester

View PostGhostRider_24, on 20 May 2017 - 12:51 AM, said:

Has anyone concidered that maybe people like to drive BBs because they are symbols of power and fame and tend to be famous?

Just a though.

They also have big guns which people like......

again just a though.

Yeah funny because during beta BB were much less dangerous.

Guess what, there was far more cruiser at that time. As if people didn't cared this much about the symbol of power...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users