RIP OFF Company £85 for the Hood.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

1bulletkilla #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:55 PM

Seaman

• Players

i cant believe they expect people to pay £85 for a ship so your getting a £40 ship and £45 worth of junk you dont care for or can easily obtain in game. I am literally gob smacked they are trying this. Its times like this when i have to really think whever i want to put money in the pockets of people like this. We all know their support is useless here so even when you purchase something dont expect any help from the support if you come across problems but do expect a cocky response ending in have fun on the battlefield. i even worked extra shifts this week so i had the whole weekend to enjoy the hood but now i wont be purchasing it and there is no way im waiting 2 weeks and missing 2 weeks of the new campaign its either buy now at a reasonable price or not buy at all ever. and they have forced me and im sure plenty of other people down the path of will not buy from these A holes ever.

Edited by 1bulletkilla, 19 May 2017 - 04:00 PM.

Hateshinaku #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:13 PM

Midshipman

• Supertester
  • Players

Nobody is forcing you to buy her, Wargaming is a Company that has to Focus on making profit.
There is no reason to blame them. If you want to get her cheaper, you´ll have to wait until the 9th of june.

"Ich war aber bei der Marine"                          "Supertester sind grundsätzlich für alle Anomalien im Spiel verantwortlich"        "Aber ich weiß, dass jeder WG-Staff für Events verantwortlich ist!"

Wargaming als Sündenbock missbrauchen                                                                             Hexenverfolgung  

Frustration                                     Lexikon für typische Aussagen und Vorkommnisse im deutschen Forum

"Anime Fans sind kriminell"                                                                                                                                                                     "Die dürfen mein Premiumschiff nicht nerfen, sonst will ich mein Geld zurück"

mtm78 #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester

It's Pay2Rush the mission.... and Pay4BrokenAAA ofc. 

But as he said, don't like it, don't buy it. I am not planning on buying it ( or anything else atm ), but I won't whine about a single ship being sold in an overpriced bundle because WG wants to milk the RN fanbois/teaboo's. It was to be expected, and frankly anyone who buys it I wish them the best as they are the reasons LOTS of others including me can if they so choose play this game for free.

Stahp hating ;)

"First they nerfed the carriers and I didn't speak out because I didn't play carriers.                                    Then they nerfed the torpedoes and I didn't speak out because I didn't play IJN DDs.

Then they nerfed cruiser HE and I didn't speak out because I didn't spam HE.                                             Then they nerved concealment on every class except BB's, and I didn't speak out because I didn't have common sense

Then the BBabies came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me."        

SBS #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:27 PM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

My only problem with the bundles is that they do not sell bundles along side unbundled ships (yes i know it comes, but it should be here along side the bundle).

If somebody finds value in a bundle, then they are free to buy it, but people should also have the option not too.

It is all about giving people a choice.

P8vou7c.gif

How to enable replayes, read this.  Teamspeak server, read this.

Hateshinaku #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:38 PM

Midshipman

• Supertester
  • Players

View PostSBS, on 19 May 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

My only problem with the bundles is that they do not sell bundles along side unbundled ships (yes i know it comes, but it should be here along side the bundle).

If somebody finds value in a bundle, then they are free to buy it, but people should also have the option not too.

It is all about giving people a choice.

​You actually have the choice to just wait for the 9th of june, I mean ofc. it's obvious that they are doing it to get some extra earnings because of Hood fans but.. like I said, Wargaming is a Company after all and they at least give you the choice to either get it or not, because you can finish the campaign regardless.

"Ich war aber bei der Marine"                          "Supertester sind grundsätzlich für alle Anomalien im Spiel verantwortlich"        "Aber ich weiß, dass jeder WG-Staff für Events verantwortlich ist!"

Wargaming als Sündenbock missbrauchen                                                                             Hexenverfolgung  

Frustration                                     Lexikon für typische Aussagen und Vorkommnisse im deutschen Forum

"Anime Fans sind kriminell"                                                                                                                                                                     "Die dürfen mein Premiumschiff nicht nerfen, sonst will ich mein Geld zurück"

1bulletkilla #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:15 PM

Seaman

• Players

View PostHateshinaku, on 19 May 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

Nobody is forcing you to buy her, Wargaming is a Company that has to Focus on making profit.
There is no reason to blame them. If you want to get her cheaper, you´ll have to wait until the 9th of june.

as i said i worked extra hours during the week so i had the long weekend to enjoy the ship of which i cant as i dont see how they can charge that for her plus the campaign takes your time and when you havent got so much time to play the game nowdays, the campaign will not be completed fast, if at all depending on if the campaign has a certain time frame like most. If the ship was there to buy now without the added expense i would but they have made it so the only way you can play her is to pay the high price with the added junk of which most people do not want to pay for. i could get her cheaper and wait i agree but then i also may not find time to enjoy her, but its still a bad move on their part. you say you cant blame them when really they are the only people to blame as they decided to do it this way to force as much as they can from their customers.

Kevbar #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:20 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

Prices.jpg

This shows the price of a ticket to watch a single game of Premier League football in the UK. £90 ish to watch a bunch of obscenely overpaid grown men kick a ball around for 90 minutes. Not forgetting the ridiculous amount to advertise the team with their crappy replica shirts. As a kid I worshipped football, as an adult I despise it.

I know none of us are forced to spend money on either but I know what I'd rather spend my money on and its not football.

"Out of every One Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are just targets,
Nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle.
Ah, but the One, One is a warrior, and He will bring the others back."
Heraclitus, 500 BC (allegedly!)

"Of all the branches of men in the armed forces there is none which shows more devotion and faces grimmer perils than the submariners." Winston Churchill

SBS #8 Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:18 PM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

View PostHateshinaku, on 19 May 2017 - 05:38 PM, said:

​You actually have the choice to just wait for the 9th of june, I mean ofc. it's obvious that they are doing it to get some extra earnings because of Hood fans but.. like I said, Wargaming is a Company after all and they at least give you the choice to either get it or not, because you can finish the campaign regardless.

They should still just release the bundles/unbundled ships at the same time. I mean, the ship is clearly finished. 

Again, it's about giving people a choice. Also, why are you defending their action? You get nothing from it. WG is only doing this to get a little more money from those who are impatient, that is all it is for.

P8vou7c.gif

How to enable replayes, read this.  Teamspeak server, read this.

txtspeak #9 Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:19 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

View PostKevbar, on 19 May 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

Prices.jpg

This shows the price of a ticket to watch a single game of Premier League football in the UK. £90 ish to watch a bunch of obscenely overpaid grown men kick a ball around for 90 minutes. Not forgetting the ridiculous amount to advertise the team with their crappy replica shirts. As a kid I worshipped football, as an adult I despise it.

I know none of us are forced to spend money on either but I know what I'd rather spend my money on and its not football.

As a kid I despised football, as a (young) adult I still despise it :P

Ever on and on, I continue circling with nothing but my hate! in a carousel of agony...

Negativvv #10 Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

Captain

• Players

View PostKevbar, on 19 May 2017 - 05:20 PM, said:

Prices.jpg

I've only seen my team once this season and it was a cup game... Plenty of means to watch at low coat these days.

£90 for Hood is a money grab but sadly it's worked. The amount in game shows that few are put off.

What next? £200 for Roma? 

Raziel_Walker #11 Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:52 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

Not interested in the Hood but I was surprised to see this post and had to check the Hood was indeed only available in the Admiral edition's package.

But nothing wrong with the price for the ship + doubloons + 12 point commander + a collection of super XP flags + faster mission completion with even more flags as rewards.

<a href='http://eu.warshipstoday.com/signature/529550330/dark.png' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>http://eu.warshipsto...550330/dark.png</a>

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users