Technical Test Announcement

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:26 PM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff

Captains,

Update 0.6.6 is coming soon and it's bringing one of the major features of 2017: Scenarios!

Scenarios are a new battle type, that brings Operations - a special game mode where you can fight against AI opponents with your friends or with random players. This mode will be loaded with new types of game mechanics, events and achievements.

As this is a big step, we want to make sure everything works perfectly - so we decided to include a new stage between the Supertest and "proper" Public Test: A technical test. The Technical Test has a different goal than the Public Test. We need to check the game server settings and make sure that the large number of new features will not affect its efficiency. This means that the test participants might face performance issues and many bugs. After the Technical Test, Update 0.6.6 will be available for public testing. With your help, during Public Test we will focus on minor issues and the Operations balance.

Do you want to help our development team AND get a first crack on the new mode? Here you can find how!

• For participating in Technical Test, you will need the Public Test client. To download and install it, follow this link. If you already have the Public Test client, it will be updated after starting the Launcher. The patch should be available for download right now.
  • The Public Test account (login and password) will be used for accessing the Technical Test client. If you don't have the Public Test account, follow this link and create one.
  • The Tech Test will take place from 18:00 CEST May 22 to 18:00 CEST May 23.
  • Your mission for Technical Test is to play the Scenarios battles on all appropriate ships (Tier V).
  • During Technical Test you might face different bugs and strange game performance: for example, ship 'teleportation', long response time or other troubles. Inform us about all issues and bugs, specifying their exact time and your time zone in the corresponding forum topic.
  • Share your comments on Scenarios in the corresponding forum topic.
  • During Technical Test, you will get on your Public Test account Tier V ships, fast research of the high Tier ships, 500,000,000 credits, 30,000 doubloons, signals and other resources.
  • Technical Test will not replace Public Test. If you want to get the Public Test rewards and learn more about Update 0.6.6 before its official release, you will be able to take part in Public Test too. Time and conditions of the test will be announced later. Stay tuned for more news.

Thank you for contributing in the game development and see you in Operations!

iJoby #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:45 PM

Officer Cadet

• Players

View PostKandly, on 19 May 2017 - 01:26 PM, said:

The patch should be available for download right now.

Patch not updating, am I too eager? :izmena:

No time for Hate, Plenty of time for Love, Family, and Friends

Fourbombs #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:47 PM

Able Seaman

• Players

This 1 I gladly will do.

xXx_Blogis_xXx #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 02:48 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

oh no reward for test ? :)

Join The mighty Scrubs! Recruitment page

Sigimundus #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:01 PM

Midshipman

• Weekend Tester

View PostxXx_Blogis_xXx, on 19 May 2017 - 02:48 PM, said:

oh no reward for test ? :)

Spoiler

:coin:

iJoby #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:21 PM

Officer Cadet

• Players

All T5, can you make all mine Murmansk's please :)

No time for Hate, Plenty of time for Love, Family, and Friends

mtm78 #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 03:30 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester

Making patch available + forum announcement, 3 days before we can actually participate FeelsBadMan...

Making me have all those feelz for something new and hopefully exciting :red_button:

"First they nerfed the carriers and I didn't speak out because I didn't play carriers.                                    Then they nerfed the torpedoes and I didn't speak out because I didn't play IJN DDs.

Then they nerfed cruiser HE and I didn't speak out because I didn't spam HE.                                             Then they nerved concealment on every class except BB's, and I didn't speak out because I didn't have common sense

Then the BBabies came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me."        

Smeggo #8 Posted 19 May 2017 - 04:08 PM

Midshipman

• Players

Nice, faster than expected. Gonna bring my Coop-gang to the party :izmena:

Check out my little submarine-browser-game: http://uboot-sim.com:great:

Looking for players for operations? Join the chat "Operations - Coop - PVE"

Live85 #9 Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:47 PM

Petty Officer

• Weekend Tester

I will try it for sure, downloading the patch now. I hope we're going too see more technical tests in the future. :)

Leonidt_Nulles #10 Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:50 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

Yes! this will be very cool I hope as a dedicated co-op only player. Ofc. I will participate asap.

A super move WG many thx beforehand. Keep up the good work.

Admiral_Chunder #11 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:46 PM

Able Seaman

• Players

Looking forward to this and will gladly donate as much time as possible to participating in the technical test.

Trebor_ #12 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:22 PM

Seaman

• Players

I will play this test as much as I can to help, I am sure I can break it properly and find lots of bugs  ;)

Vaderan #13 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:55 PM

Officer Cadet

• Alpha Tester

My Co-Op crew and i will gladly support this. However, WG, a word of warning: much hope lies on this, so don´t screw it! This is a feature, many non dedicated PvP players are waiting for! This new feature may represent a point of decision for many! Is it good, will they stay?! Do you screw this up and is all hope lost, this game will have anything more fun to offer, than the current Co-Op mode? We will see, and we hope for the best...

AkosJaccik #14 Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:24 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

One alarming sign is if it's true that there will be a restriction of one carrier per battle. Don't get me wrong, it's sensible and I am not opposing this, in fact, sort of the opposite. Coop is already basically PvP ruleset but with bots, I am hoping for a fair bit of creativity and bravery regarding of operations, so we can see for example destroyer squadrons or even carrier groups in the future. After all, I see the whole essence of this mode in doing stuff we otherwise (in other gamemodes) can't.

Aside for that, I am at your disposal of course, hopefully our data will be put into good use. :)

PanzerVor87 #15 Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:44 PM

Seaman

• Players

Won't take part in the test, but if WG manages to do this right then you'll have my eternal gratitude. I've already had a very nice experience with PvE in the other game that cannot be named (until they managed to ruin that as well), and a similar game mode with ships would be really awesome - yes I'm too much of a scrub to enjoy PvP, sorry guys. :child:

Bat_Vampi #16 Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:10 PM

Seaman

• Players

you couldnt do it @weekend but in work dday.....Monday...what base of battles u expect so to be called a "test", more like teaser 8hours is just not enough...

Tuccy #17 Posted 21 May 2017 - 01:57 PM

Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • Community

We couldn't do it on the weekend, as the thing is on the Supertest during the weekend ;) And yes, it is an extremely short window - it is a technical test, so basically a quick and dirty checkup to see if we can launch this into further stages of testing (Public test).

:honoring:

Live85 #18 Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:25 PM

Petty Officer

• Weekend Tester

View PostTuccy, on 21 May 2017 - 01:57 PM, said:

We couldn't do it on the weekend, as the thing is on the Supertest during the weekend ;) And yes, it is an extremely short window - it is a technical test, so basically a quick and dirty checkup to see if we can launch this into further stages of testing (Public test).

:honoring:

Some quick questions I didn't think of earlier Tuccy. How it's the test going to work, are you guys going to be around like during the weekend tests? can we expect something like temporary rooms on the official TS to coordinate teams trying out the event? any ingame channel to find team mates? :D

mtm78 #19 Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:31 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester

View PostLive85, on 21 May 2017 - 04:25 PM, said:

Some quick questions I didn't think of earlier Tuccy. How it's the test going to work, are you guys going to be around like during the weekend tests? can we expect something like temporary rooms on the official TS to coordinate teams trying out the event? any ingame channel to find team mates? :D

I will be trying it when the kids are at school, I will check the TS if I can find anyone. 

"First they nerfed the carriers and I didn't speak out because I didn't play carriers.                                    Then they nerfed the torpedoes and I didn't speak out because I didn't play IJN DDs.

Then they nerfed cruiser HE and I didn't speak out because I didn't spam HE.                                             Then they nerved concealment on every class except BB's, and I didn't speak out because I didn't have common sense

Then the BBabies came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me."        

Flukeyluke #20 Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:03 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

gonna get my mates to do a full fletcher/kiddivision,

should be fun and test how well the ai responds to surprise buttsex

^^^see this here? no one cares about win rates or damage and those that do, they like spreadsheets and find them *fun*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users