Update 0.6.6 Technical Test Feedback

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:20 PM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff

Captains,

Please post all feedback regarding the PT of Update 0.6.6 below in this topic.

Cheers,

Kandly

iJoby #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 01:35 PM

Warrant Officer

• Players

View PostKandly, on 19 May 2017 - 01:20 PM, said:

Captains,

Please post all feedback regarding the PT of Update 0.6.6 below in this topic.

Cheers,

Kandly

Will do :)

No time for Hate, Plenty of time for Love, Family, and Friends

BIGMRCINA #3 Posted 22 May 2017 - 10:05 AM

Seaman

• Players

nice all but give us 2 test and premium ships this unik what we can not buy i techtree and in shop, ma giwe us all ships 2 test.

now i dont know what 2 buy, tirpiz / alabam/ or some other tir 8 ship.

because that we hawe test that i know what 2 buy, tj. what ship i like 2 play.

Edited by BIGMRCINA, 22 May 2017 - 10:07 AM.

Smeggo #4 Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:07 PM

Midshipman

• Players

What?

You shall test T5 here, that's what's the test is about. :hmm:

Check out my little submarine-browser-game: http://uboot-sim.com:great:

Looking for other coop-players to div? Join the channel "Coop & PVE  - Free for all" 

zxc26101970 #5 Posted 22 May 2017 - 12:40 PM

Seaman

• Players

Hi, my PT client just updated to 0.6.6 .....but when i try to connect i get the ''i can t connect to server '' message ....any news about when the server will be runing again?.....feel free to comment ....thank you all

krautjaeger #6 Posted 22 May 2017 - 05:38 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

"Newport" Naval defence, your carrier comes in and you're supposed to protect her, and the enemy comes in just a couple of km's behind and one of their ship is an Izumo and two DDs. loooool. So here we are in tier 5 mostly ships, and it is impossible to save the carrier because by the time we've taken out the Izu and the two DDs she is so damaged from the Izu secondaries alone she pops right after. Might want to change that BB to a non long-range secondaries ship at the very least. :teethhappy:

Also, the new PvE Co-Op mode doesn't count towards the specials you can get on the main server, now in this test. It wouldn't mean much really, but since regular Co-Op and Regular battle no longer works there is no way to achieve it for people.

Edited by Hedko1, 23 May 2017 - 10:37 AM.

Fourbombs #7 Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:57 PM

Able Seaman

• Players

Is it normal you can't use a ship twice after the battle ended?

DeKaktus #8 Posted 22 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

Seaman

• Alpha Tester

View Postkrautjaeger, on 22 May 2017 - 06:38 PM, said:

"Newport" Naval defence, your carrier comes in and you're supposed to protect her, and the enemy comes in just a couple of km's behind and one of their ship is an Izumo and two DDs. loooool. So here we are in tier 5 mostly ships, and it is impossible to save the carrier because by the time we've taken out the Izu and the two DDs she is so damaged from the Izu secondaries alone she pops right after. Might want to change that BB to a non long-range secondaries ship at the very least. :teethhappy:

Yes the jump from T3 to T6 and finaly T9 is... as Lord Wellington said in the battle of wateloo :" A bit of a pisser".:)

But im more concerned that all Battles i had without a CV in Team endet in a Defeat. All the CAs, DDs, and BBs where depleted even before the Izumo came up.

Edited by DeKaktus, 22 May 2017 - 09:18 PM.

Dampfboot #9 Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:17 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Players

Well the balancing is a bit "off" to put it mildly but otherwise the mechanics and bots etc. seem to behave ok. The Warspite back-up spawned next to an enemy Gneisenau and got torped immediately. Hilarious. :teethhappy:

Fluffy_Pillow #10 Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:24 PM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

After the first issues with language it seems to be working for me at least. I assume there will be more since so far I have only seen one map and T6 over and over again at this first test run.

iJoby #11 Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:39 PM

Warrant Officer

• Players

PTS Username is GhostWarrlior

I played the T5 Zuiho -  Game was won and 3 of 5 objectives complete.

Time game started was 20:09, 22-05-2017

Game Scenario. "Newport" Naval Base Defence

1. I am finding that some enemy ships (Mogami and Yorck) are still showing alive and as red markers/icons on the Minimap but are completely dead and not using any guns, This gives the impression a lot more enemy are alive then what there actually is.

2. Also found that when in port and ready to click "Battle" for "Newport" Naval Base Defence, The Button is not illuminated, I had to click Random and then back to "Newport" Naval Base Defence to get illuminated "Battle" Button.

3. In Port Clicking on "Profile" then "Summary" there is not a selection for "Newport" Naval Base Defence

REPLAY FILE IS HERE

BIGMRCINA #12 Posted 22 May 2017 - 07:55 PM

Seaman

• Players

i cant update my pts on 066 i am still on 065.

Edited by BIGMRCINA, 22 May 2017 - 07:55 PM.

Djerin #13 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:04 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

Tried this with a bunch of ships. Got 2 "wins", 1 in Kirov and the other in Budyonny. Like in Coop these damn bots are cheating. They see every torpedo the moment it enters the water. That makes using DDs and Bogue extremely annoying, because they dodge everything.

The reward you get for this is pathetic if you ask me. If you lose you get what, 100-200 XP and 10000 to 20000 credits? That means you can't even use tech2 consumables without losing credits. Come on. Also you can keep your 10 points Hashidate captain.

DeKaktus #14 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:08 PM

Seaman

• Alpha Tester

Cant load into the mission. 0:55 Awaiting Players, sitting here for 5 minutes now...

Attached Files

• Attached File   shot-17.05.22_21.59.41-0650.jpg   129.47K

iJoby #15 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:13 PM

Warrant Officer

• Players

View PostDjerin, on 22 May 2017 - 08:04 PM, said:

if you ask me. If you lose you get what, 100-200 XP and 10000 to 20000 credits?

Make a point of not losing, I found the rewards considering this is a CO OP battle mode game rather fair. this also included 30 signals and 5 Ocean Soul Camos for the 3 gold stars awarded.

NO service Charge, Is this only if you Win?

DeKaktus #16 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:27 PM

Seaman

• Alpha Tester

the Reward is nice if you Win, and a Defeat is of course not profitable. also why gets the ship locked for 30minutes if you loose ? i understand it after you won, but it seems a bit mean if you loose to wait 30 minutes in order to try again.

iJoby #17 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:30 PM

Warrant Officer

• Players

View PostDeKaktus, on 22 May 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

the Reward is nice if you Win, and a Defeat is of course not profitable. also why gets the ship locked for 30minutes if you loose ? i understand it after you won, but it seems a bit mean if you loose to wait 30 minutes in order to try again.

I had no idea you had to wait 30 mins after a loss, I have only played 2 games, both won. is the wait of 30 mins only if you try to use the same ship?

AkosJaccik #18 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:39 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

Well, the first few, rather subjective impressions of mine. Take it with a grain... a whole lot of salt.

Overall, the mode exceeded my expectations, though I was only able to play Newport.

Regarding the less important thing, the visuals. It's well done, the new elements (repair ships, surveillance stations etc.) look very good, although the bots coming in with orange premium camos make the overall image look a bit silly. If it were for me, I'd restrict them to use the basic camos. Flames and other visual elements that reflect on the flow of the battle look really nice, although in some cases I do not really understand the priorities. For example, the disappearing guns of the forts look absoultely gorgeous while working, but I only managed to spot them because after I got vaporized, instead of exiting, I took the time to look around the map. Compared to this amazing attention to details or the burning of the fuel tanks, the smoke clouds of the port do not look that daunting as they maybe and possibly could.

I do, however, really appreciate the fact that the new scenarios seem to have their own map, let alone their own map objects. I'm rather happy about that!

Spoiler

As for the more important matters.

As the gents pointed out above as well, the incoming friendly Lexington is in a rather bad position. I'm not certain how it could be solved better, but spawning her on the same side as the enemy, almost between the red ships is something to think about. Regarding bot-behaviour, I experienced nothing else than what we can see in the standard coop battles. This is expected, however, it has it's drawbacks. As we are dealing with lots of bots, retaining the friendly firepower is crucial to win. This is, however, problematic, as bots tend to focus insanely and immediately the target with the lowest hp. For example, I played too agressively with the Émile Bertin, resulting in a run where I immediately lost all but 2k of my HP. Horrible play from me, sure, but this still forced me to island-abuse in the rest of the game, and once the first of their destroyers broke trough our lines and detected me, of course, I got immediately focused again, meaning that everyone shot at me who could. I'm not alone with this issue. On this picture, I got overextended, bots spawned into my face, but they did not care about me at all until they sent this poor fellow back to port, as he had lower HP.

While this is a sensible behaviour, this effect tends to snowball, and a small deficit in firepower often results in a loss. In a normal coop match, even 2-3 AFK or not that talented players are not a problem. Here, even one AFK player can screw with the team in a considerable manner.

Spoiler

In general, I'm very fond of the whole "if - then" mission-system, so basically of the optional objectives, although I am a bit worried if all the operations will be based on what basically is a horde-mode. It's early to talk about this, but I hope we will see other, varied mechanics as well, maybe with bigger maps, multiple "checkpoints" on the road etc instead of basically holding out against waves of bots, while something else happens in the background. More interesting team composition restrictions (let the "CV-weekend" be CV-weekend for example! :D ) could also be fun. Be brave! The progress looks good so far.

Also, historical scenarios!

By the way, considering that these scenarios (or to be more precise: this particular scenario) so far don't necessarily take far more time than a standard co-op match (or maybe just didn't feel so, now that I think about it), the rewards are rather generous in case of victory. For a defeat it might not be worse than a coop-match, fortunately, I can't remember well how does a coop defeat look like, but as I feel that defeat is a more real possibility in this case, maybe the "rewards" should be a bit bigger. Not the XP, but say, don't lock the ship.

iJoby #19 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:44 PM

Warrant Officer

• Players

View PostAkosJaccik, on 22 May 2017 - 08:39 PM, said:

In general, I'm very fond of the whole "if - then" mission-system, so basically of the optional objectives, although I am a bit worried if all the operations will be based on what basically is a horde-mode. It's early to talk about this, but I hope we will see other, varied mechanics as well, maybe with bigger maps, multiple "checkpoints" on the road etc instead of basically holding out against waves of bots, while something else happens in the background.

100% agree with you, 

AkosJaccik #20 Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:59 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

View PostiJoby, on 22 May 2017 - 08:44 PM, said:

100% agree with you, 

Personally, I'd rather take a new operation once a month or even one in two months if they are varied, rather than one "yet-another-horde-mode" every weekend.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users