Jump to content


Scharnhorst no wins possible anymore


  • Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Cthulhu_NL #1 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:11 AM

    Seaman

  • Alpha Tester

  • 24
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Hey guys,

 

I have had a couple of great games with my Scharnhorst, right after I bought it. Now, I have played like 20 games, and I can't win anymore. Can't pen cruisers, can't cap, because enemy always has the cap first, I get set on fire, my teammates all die, and I just can't win with the Scharn anymore. 

 

Why is this always the case with WG games? Just like my Skorpion G, the first couple of games you just CANNOT LOSE, but after about 8 games, you will LOSE everything. Ik have a 33% winrate with my Skorpion G, and with my Scharn, 40%. Before it was 56%...........

 

Is there any explanation for this? I don't play it differently then before, but now I just  can't win anymore. 

Last Scharn game, all 3 caps lost, and they lost 2 vessels, en we lost 8 vessels.....

 

Ronald



Tyrendian89 #2 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:14 AM

    Lieutenant

  • Players

  • 2,324
  • Member since:
    07-06-2015

Error 404 sample size not found.

Also, you're getting about the winrate you deserve for your performance in the Scharnhorst (and substantially better for most other ships...)


Tora Tora Tora


ColonelPete #3 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:15 AM

    Admiral

  • Players

  • 6,703
  • Member since:
    07-02-2015
Yes, instead of winning 6 out of 10 games, you win 4 out of 10 now. Two wins difference.

With only 20 games that is not uncommon.

My theory: You are a drama queen who needs attention.

_DeathWing_ #4 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:16 AM

    Warrant Officer

  • Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

  • 700
  • Member since:
    09-01-2012
Average damage too low, end of story.

"A brilliant man would find a way not to fight a war."                                                              

 

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

 


rvfharrier #5 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

    Leading Rate

  • Weekend Tester

  • 195
  • Member since:
    04-16-2013

View PostTyrendian89, on 19 May 2017 - 09:14 AM, said:

Error 404 sample size not found.

 

^ This. You've simply played far too few games to have any sort of time for a meaningful pattern to establish itself. Short term winning and losing streaks will always happen, wait longer for a long term pattern to develop.



mikelight1805 #6 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

    Petty Officer

  • Beta Tester

  • 231
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Your average damage is low, and your survivability isn't too great either.

 

Are you the first into the fray and focused down quickly? Do you change ammunition type to match the target?



Pivke #7 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:27 AM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Beta Tester

  • 479
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostCthulhu_NL, on 19 May 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

I have had a couple of great games with my Scharnhorst, right after I bought it. Now, I have played like 20 games, and I can't win anymore.

scharnhorst is out of fashion. gotta buy the hood to start winning again.


つ ◕_◕ ༽つ FIX MATCHMAKING! つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ OR RIOT! つ ◕_◕ ༽つ


Donar79 #8 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:33 AM

    Chief Petty Officer

  • Players

  • 503
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

Wow ..that's what i call a wallet warrior :B (had to look up sorry)

As a "Horst" owner i can tell u its not the ship. How about some Tutorials/Vids/Guides on how to play?


Spoiler

 


PedeNuts #9 Posted 19 May 2017 - 09:54 AM

    Able Seaman

  • Players

  • 64
  • Member since:
    10-16-2015
Hey, I won 1 game in my Kamikaze R, then I lost the following game. Did they nerf it in between the two games?

Browarszky #10 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

    Petty Officer

  • Players

  • 229
  • Member since:
    12-03-2013

View PostPedeNuts, on 19 May 2017 - 09:54 AM, said:

Hey, I won 1 game in my Kamikaze R, then I lost the following game. Did they nerf it in between the two games?

 

Sneaky devils! :ohmy:

Too incredibly thick to fit in. Below average, zero skills, IQ lower than WR.


JaiFoh #11 Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:57 AM

    Able Seaman

  • Players

  • 64
  • Member since:
    02-01-2015

Yes clearly the Scharnhorst has been nerfed, i mean i lost a game the other day because i wasn't carrying hard enough, i mean why should i lose when in a T7 match i had a Kraken, a Confederate and a close quarters expert and two devastating strikes, 120k of damage and was steaming into Cap's at will.
I mean its not fair that i was focused down by the CV and 2 surviving BB's (and a cruiser but he died to a double citadel as he was shooting HE at me) because i deserved to win, i mean its not like i was the biggest threat or anything its just the Scharnhorst

 

/sarcasm

 

 



Negativvv #12 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:05 AM

    Captain

  • Players

  • 4,392
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

First game in Scharn for weeks...

 

 

Use HE at longer ranges, then switch to AP when you are 12km or closer.

 

Stay angled, upgrade secondaries and profit...


 


Boris_MNE #13 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:07 AM

    Leading Rate

  • Players

  • 155
  • Member since:
    03-16-2016
Same mate same.  When ive bought Alabama i had 3 wins... Now i have all loses usually.  They only want our money,  thats it. 

rvfharrier #14 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:17 AM

    Leading Rate

  • Weekend Tester

  • 195
  • Member since:
    04-16-2013

View PostNegativvv, on 19 May 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

First game in Scharn for weeks...

 

Use HE at longer ranges, then switch to AP when you are 12km or closer.

 

Stay angled, upgrade secondaries and profit...

 

Disagree on the HE, AP works fine at long/mid range. Wouldn't really recommend firing HE at all in the Scharnhorst.

Negativvv #15 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:26 AM

    Captain

  • Players

  • 4,392
  • Member since:
    08-08-2015

View Postrvfharrier, on 19 May 2017 - 11:17 AM, said:

 

Disagree on the HE, AP works fine at long/mid range. Wouldn't really recommend firing HE at all in the Scharnhorst.

 

I used to think that way, an Italian R1 winner in Scharn advised me to consider HE with her.

 

Obviously it's not a hard and fast rule but notice the amount of derps at longer ranges in Scharn. It makes sense to spam HE along with your cruiser allies at longer ranges rather than hoping for one good salvo. 

 

At closer ranges Scharn AP behaves a lot more like conventional BB AP but at long distance they lose a lot of power and accuracy. 

 

The game I've just won used a balance of the two, 6 fires, 3 citadels and almost 100k damage without torpedoes speaks for itself...


 


bushwacker001 #16 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:36 AM

    Midshipman

  • Players

  • 1,288
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostCthulhu_NL, on 19 May 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

Hey guys,

 

I have had a couple of great games with my Scharnhorst, right after I bought it. Now, I have played like 20 games, and I can't win anymore. Can't pen cruisers, can't cap, because enemy always has the cap first, I get set on fire, my teammates all die, and I just can't win with the Scharn anymore. 

 

Why is this always the case with WG games? Just like my Skorpion G, the first couple of games you just CANNOT LOSE, but after about 8 games, you will LOSE everything. Ik have a 33% winrate with my Skorpion G, and with my Scharn, 40%. Before it was 56%...........

 

Is there any explanation for this? I don't play it differently then before, but now I just  can't win anymore. 

Last Scharn game, all 3 caps lost, and they lost 2 vessels, en we lost 8 vessels.....

 

Ronald

 

Your problem OP is that you are trying to buy wins with premium ships...your grinding is abysmal and obviously converting premium experience to get through the tiers. As you can see it doesn't work like that.  You have played less than 10 battles in the US BB grind from T4 to T8 :amazed: with over 20 (hardly played) premium ships you seem to be searching for the ship to guarantee you wins in every battle!. 

Devantejah - "But smoke makes me invisible, doesn't that mean I'm not there?"

moomoo2 - "Tell you what, light a cigar, take a draw, exhale a big puff of smoke, while that lingers ask someone to punch you in the face.

                     The result is your answer."

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/70428-carriers-players-rigging-battles/page__st__40__p__1540177#entry1540177

 


shuhei #17 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:46 AM

    Seaman

  • Beta Tester

  • 6
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012
I am far from the best player in the world, hell feel free to look at my potato stats (still learning), but we do have a similar amount of games played. Question is how the hell did you get to tier 8 with so few games played in lower tier games :o I am no where near getting a tier 8 yet.

rvfharrier #18 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

    Leading Rate

  • Weekend Tester

  • 195
  • Member since:
    04-16-2013

View PostNegativvv, on 19 May 2017 - 11:26 AM, said:

 

I used to think that way, an Italian R1 winner in Scharn advised me to consider HE with her.

 

Obviously it's not a hard and fast rule but notice the amount of derps at longer ranges in Scharn. It makes sense to spam HE along with your cruiser allies at longer ranges rather than hoping for one good salvo. 

 

At closer ranges Scharn AP behaves a lot more like conventional BB AP but at long distance they lose a lot of power and accuracy. 

 

The game I've just won used a balance of the two, 6 fires, 3 citadels and almost 100k damage without torpedoes speaks for itself...

 

Scharnhorst guns are horribly inaccurate at any range no matter what ammo type, but I'd rather play for an accurate ~5k salvo on a long range BB than assume an inaccurate salvo and settle for less damage with a poor fire chance. A Scharnhorst shouldn't be at long range long enough to need to consider changing ammo type, if a target is a poor choice for AP it's better to simply look for something else to shoot while you close the distance to what you're actually going to be damaging for real. Your secondaries will set plenty of fires later!

Vaderan #19 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:53 AM

    Officer Cadet

  • Alpha Tester

  • 914
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

This game is about experience and skill, not having the biggest ship or the thickest wallet. Get experience, develope skills, and you will see that you might have more success in a tier 4 cruiser than in a tier 7 battleship.

"Power means nothing, without controll!"

The demands on player skills and experience raise drastically with the tiers, and players who skipped the grind, ignoring the fact of required experience for higher tiered games are the plague of this game, ruining the game for themselves and all the team that depends on them and their role in the battle.

"With great power comes great responsibility!"

Leave behind your urge for buying bigger and "better" ships. Even a 20perks captain on a Yamato wouldn´t do you any favour, since you, by all respect, lack the skill and experience to use it´s potential.

Winrate doesn´t mean anything, if your wins are achieved by others, who need to carry you through their match, since you are of no use for your team.

 

The Scharnhorst in particular, is a very powerfull, but very specialised ship. Making use of it´s potential, requires a lot of experience, knowledge and skills, something you might yet lack at this point of your WoWs career, no offense intended...



AgarwaenME #20 Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

    Commander

  • Beta Tester

  • 3,012
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostBoris_MNE, on 19 May 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

Same mate same.  When ive bought Alabama i had 3 wins... Now i have all loses usually.  They only want our money,  thats it. 

 

Are you suggesting you expect to get handed wins just for buying a premium?

Question EU WG fair treatment of their customers and their competency -> Bans

Get caught cheating -> supertest position (as long as you suck up and have people cover for you)

That's the joke

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users