A tale of three sheep - HYPE! Part 1

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Kandly #1 Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:48 AM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff

Captains,

Our armada is expanding - so let's see what's in store! The usual caveats apply - this content is still in development and the stats presented here are historical, based on specific years - final in-game stats may vary. :child:

And the first sheep is...

Admiral Makarov (USSR)

Does she look familiar? Yes, you have seen her elsewhere! The Admiral Makarov started her life as light cruiser Nürnberg of the Kriegsmarine and was ceded to USSR after the end of WWII.

Spoiler

Part 2

Part 3

:izmena:

iJoby #2 Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

Warrant Officer

• Players

Thanks Kandly

I wonder what differences there will  be between this and the light cruiser Nürnberg,

No time for Hate, Plenty of time for Love, Family, and Friends

Srle_Vigilante #3 Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:24 AM

Warrant Officer

• Weekend Tester

What is this sorcery :ohmy:

GERMAN BIAS AT YOUR SERVICE! :B

Ships in port: Cruisers: Hermelin, Dresden, Emden, Kolberg, Karlsruhe, Königsberg, Nürnberg, Admiral Graf Spee, Yorck :angry:, Admiral Hipper, Prinz Eugen (Thank you, aquiles7389 :honoring:),  Roon, Hindenburg

Battlesheeps: Nassau, König Albert, Kaiser, König, Bayern, Gneisenau, Scharnhorst, Bismarck, Tirpitz, Friedrich der Große, Großer Kurfürst.

Destroyers: V-25, G-101, V-170, T-22, Ernst Gaede, Leberecht Maass, Z-23, Z-46, Z-52.

Port Decoration: Campbeltown, Leander, Farragut, Budyonny, Kamikaze R, Shinonome, Fuso and ARP(Kongo, Haruna, Hiei, Kirishima, Myoko, Haguro, Ashigara,Nachi, Takao).

xXx_Blogis_xXx #4 Posted 12 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

looks nice ty mate :)

Join The mighty Scrubs! Recruitment page

LaggingCuzAustralian #5 Posted 12 May 2017 - 10:41 AM

Seaman

• Players

bigbramble #6 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:24 AM

Leading Rate

• Players

Any news on a premium German DD? There was one mentioned before the line was released but there has never been anything beyond that.

Skyllon #7 Posted 12 May 2017 - 11:35 AM

Warrant Officer

• Players

View PostiJoby, on 12 May 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

I wonder what differences there will  be between this and the light cruiser Nürnberg,

Let me put it in Soviet terms Comrade...

Same, but faster, more agile, with better stealth, HE, AA and smoke of course. :trollface:

TBH, that's the great idea for premium. Make a new skin and voila! :medal:

Haunted by bad teams. Pestered with horrible MM. Hated by RNG. Harrased by dispersion.
Cursed with loosing streaks. Hectored by self proclaimed admirals. Stalked by pink ships.
Oppressed by HE spam. Nagged by torpedo walls. Bullied by enemy aircrafts.

With
Supercontainers plagued with upgrades.

WG do something about that.

TheCinC #8 Posted 12 May 2017 - 12:24 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

Historical data as of 1952..

So really, really good torpedoes then?

And excellent firing control radar?

Improved AA due to better fire control?
Ouch.

This could be bad.

At least it is a cruiser, so may the citadels always be with you..

Current status: counting down the days until HMS Hood is released UNBUNDLED. What the hecking heck is wrong with you WG?

Still firmly against RPF/Radio Location, because it does nothing to make the game better.

Help make WoWs great again! Add your own suggestions for the game, or read and vote on the best ideas from the community, here, so we can share them with WG.

Want to know how you can help your team to achieve victory? Or do you think you already know how to help your team to achieve victory? Click here for tips & tricks, or to add your own!

ImperialAdmiral #9 Posted 12 May 2017 - 01:53 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Players

Russian Nurnberg?

No thanks. 

The only premium I want now is Roma.

aquiles7389 #10 Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:09 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

No Hype for me...WG killed my ability of getting hyped :hiding: (x1)

199 ships at port.

Missing ships: Midway, Hakuryu (CV's are a joke at the moment), Iwaki (I wasn't lucky to be an Alfa tester), Flint and Black (I'm not a contributor and don't play ranked as the retroactive rewards program of WG is utter sh***t and unfair).

I dream of a forum with clear straightforward rules, professional moderators and objective sanctions based on rules (not "guidelines") and not depending on the moderator mood, beliefs or their own interpretation of the "rules".

aquiles7389 #11 Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:15 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

199 ships at port.

Missing ships: Midway, Hakuryu (CV's are a joke at the moment), Iwaki (I wasn't lucky to be an Alfa tester), Flint and Black (I'm not a contributor and don't play ranked as the retroactive rewards program of WG is utter sh***t and unfair).

I dream of a forum with clear straightforward rules, professional moderators and objective sanctions based on rules (not "guidelines") and not depending on the moderator mood, beliefs or their own interpretation of the "rules".

YukiEiriKun #12 Posted 12 May 2017 - 02:26 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

Will it get the same OP-overhaul than the Murmansk got compared to the original?

Democracy is just a euphemism for developed totalitarianism.

Nibloke #13 Posted 12 May 2017 - 04:49 PM

Petty Officer

• Players

They say it's possible that this ship is exclusive for the Russian server.

But I would say 'no'.  Because it would be to cruel to post it on the Eu-site and than say it isn't possible to get this ship.  

But than again you never know.

fallenkezef #14 Posted 12 May 2017 - 05:19 PM

Officer Cadet

• Players

View PostNibloke, on 12 May 2017 - 04:49 PM, said:

They say it's possible that this ship is exclusive for the Russian server.

But I would say 'no'.  Because it would be to cruel to post it on the Eu-site and than say it isn't possible to get this ship.  

But than again you never know.

WG trolling EI? Nah, they woukd never do that....

Engage the enemy more closely

NyronGT #15 Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:18 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

Reskins City.

Ξ Praise the Tachi! Ξ Currently hunting for: Bismarck Ξ Montage video, i guess Ξ Kirov, reporting! Ξ Pass the salt! Ξ 66th member of Pre-Dreadnought Appreciation Society Ξ

iJoby #16 Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:23 PM

Warrant Officer

• Players

View PostImperialAdmiral, on 12 May 2017 - 01:53 PM, said:

The only premium I want now is Roma.

The Roma would be a ship I would be interested in too, what Tier do you think it would be?

No time for Hate, Plenty of time for Love, Family, and Friends

Trainspite #17 Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:12 PM

Midshipman

• Supertester
  • Beta Tester

View PostiJoby, on 12 May 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

The Roma would be a ship I would be interested in too, what Tier do you think it would be?

8 is the logical choice pour moi.

ImperialAdmiral #18 Posted 12 May 2017 - 08:53 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Players

View PostiJoby, on 12 May 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

VIII

It was confirmed as well.

Chaos_Umbra #19 Posted 13 May 2017 - 12:12 AM

Seaman

• Players

Isn't this just a re-skinned C hull Nurnburg with Stalinium Ammunition.

Unintentional_submarine #20 Posted 13 May 2017 - 01:17 AM

Commander

• Beta Tester

Murmanskified Nürnberg... hmmm I wonder what that means?

8km torps, that's for sure. The same torps as Murmansk. That only makes sense, she is a cruiser and having a downgrade compared to a 1944 cruiser? Please. Thankfully they will only be 2x3. I almost expected them to be 4x3 just to take a dump all over Nürnberg.

AP will likely get the same krupp improvement. Newer, thus better. Even if it was made to the same specifications (which I do believe they were).

HE won't be as anemic any longer. Might even get an extra percent of fire chance. Remember when the Soviet DDs got a fire chance buff, but Anshan didn't?

Range might not be longer, but it also might.

Rudder shift... heh. Murmansk would like a word here, so yeah it's going to be better. I mean Nürnberg isn't a terribly agile cruiser for her tier, she barely matches Budyonny there. Turning circle won't change, thank god.

No aircraft. But she might get something else in return? A Duca D'Aosta treatment perhaps? I wouldn't be surprised.

No changes to armour or layout. That would be silly. Or should I say too silly?

Rate of Fire should stay the same, however it should be noted that the present 10rpm is on the lower scale of what Nürnberg could dish out (and the higher for Königsberg), so that being buffed to the max RoF of 12rpm wouldn't really surprise me a terrible amount, but I wouldn't expect it either.

So yeah, there is 'room' for a lot of buffs. Might even make her good. Not that it would help the original a lot. Of these I would expect the torps, some sort of consumable difference and one or the other of HE and AP, leaning towards HE as it was likely used more so was probably 'more Russian' than the AP, giving a better excuse for better performance.

- World of Warships is a game featuring ten tiers, three of which are Tier 7.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users