Moskva brings the pain... Why can't more WoW games be like this?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ZandersMcGrooby #1 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:05 AM

Seaman

• Players

Had pretty much the ideal game last night. Forget about my damage and whatnot, that's not important. The game itself was great and had everything. 

Teamplay - gearing on my team was fantastic. Screened our flank instead of yoloing in, smoked up teammates (which proved the difference), constant communication of his intentions.  He also secured the game by capping as the clock wound down. At the end of the game I gave him all my likes for the day. WP you good sir. 

Role play (no not that kind, be still your filthy minds) - everyone on both teams performed their shops respective roles. DDs screened, spotted and didn't overextend, cruisers supported and were dynamic, most importantly BBs tanked and pushed. See, it's not that hard! 

Aggression - both teams went balls deep and were aggressively probing, pushing and trying to exploit. It made for a great game. There was minimal camping as far as I could tell. Aggression is fun? Who knew! 

Tension - the game was won by capping with 5 secs left on the clock.  It came down to the wire in terms of shops left on each team too, one each.  If we hadn't capped, red team would have won on points. 

Basically just a hard fought, exciting game with people using their brains and understanding the mechanics of their ships and their roles. Teamplay was essential for both teams and it could have gone either way. 

See, this is what happens when all the elements cone together. WoW is a cool game but it's a great one when these games happen. I just wish they were more frequent. Instead there are predominantly roflstomps. Still, it's worth it I suppose for these types of battles. 

Attached Files

• Attached File   Moskva monster.jpg   50.1K
  • Attached File   Mosckva monster2.jpg   43.22K

ghashpl #2 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:12 AM

Commodore

• Players

View PostZandersMcGrooby, on 21 April 2017 - 01:05 PM, said:

See, this is what happens when all the elements cone together. WoW is a cool game but it's a great one when these games happen. I just wish they were more frequent. Instead there are predominantly roflstomps. Still, it's worth it I suppose for these types of battles. 

Emmmm.... congratz?

There is a good thread for "my memories from a good battle" - http://forum.worldof...evements-today/

From my expirience nice battles are 1/10 or 1/20.

Playing in division helps, because you can have some laugh during the match.

Vanhal #3 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:15 AM

Commodore

• Alpha Tester

Oh, but quite a lot of games out there are good. Just they are nice for someone else.

ಠ_ಠ

Skillet #4 Posted 21 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

Seaman

• Alpha Tester

While team play makes the game this just goes to show that there is little reward for the individual DD that turns the game.  You've saluted his wonderful play and yet, as the game recognition goes, he came in mid-table.  But why would we wont team play rewarded?  DD's do it for the pleasure.

Looks like it was indeed a good game :)

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users