Clash of the Elements Event rigged by WG - magical points to make the losing team seem losing less

• Please log in to reply
168 replies to this topic

hgbn_dk #41 Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:56 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

WG might be awful to create great events and missions... But they are unbeaten in creating [edited] lol

Edited by RogDodgeUK, 23 April 2017 - 02:31 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. RogDodgeUK

Jethro_Grey #42 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:03 AM

Midshipman

• Players

View Posthgbn_dk, on 20 April 2017 - 10:56 AM, said:

WG might be awful to create great events and missions... But they are unbeaten in creating [edited] lol

Actually, their track record is quite mixed.

There are events that were awesome, so much so that a lot of players asked/ demanded that they stay permanently ingame (bath tub, Halloween 2016, not to mention quite a number of WoT events).

It boggles the mind how they can screw up other events so badly.

It feels like the some events are made by the professionals and turn out to be good, while others are made by a trainee that came drunk to work and got a "make an event" task as punishment...which turn out to be horrible.

Edited by RogDodgeUK, 23 April 2017 - 02:32 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to inappropriate content. RogDodgeUK

You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here.

Remember, remember the 23rd of December WGS Xmas Convoy shaft, EU Server catering plot; I see no reason why Xmas Convoy shaft treason should ever be forgot.

Schmudla #43 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

and Blues strike again, now winnig "get XP" category :)

bushwacker001 #44 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:07 AM

Midshipman

• Players

View PostAdmiral_H_Nelson, on 20 April 2017 - 10:55 AM, said:

I know that you, personally, are sick to the back teeth of what you believe is excessive and unfair criticism of Wargaming, but even you must get to the point where you can say "They did a bad job there", surely?

You know nothing of the sort ........ sick of negative, moaning and complete overkill at trivial stuff is more likely.

Devantejah - "But smoke makes me invisible, doesn't that mean I'm not there?"

moomoo2 - "Tell you what, light a cigar, take a draw, exhale a big puff of smoke, while that lingers ask someone to punch you in the face.

The result is your answer."

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/70428-carriers-players-rigging-battles/page__st__40__p__1540177#entry1540177

_Kyoshi #45 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:11 AM

Midshipman

• Players

Guys, chill. I bet the whole scoreboard is just a .gif :)

Jethro_Grey #46 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:12 AM

Midshipman

• Players

View PostSchmudla, on 20 April 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

Yeah, hilarious. Give it another 2 or 3 hors and see blue team take the lead in all categories.

Someone still screen shoting the progress of team blue?

You know what the chain of command is? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with ’til you understand who’s in ruttin’ command here.

Remember, remember the 23rd of December WGS Xmas Convoy shaft, EU Server catering plot; I see no reason why Xmas Convoy shaft treason should ever be forgot.

Zaorany_Zombi #47 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:12 AM

Seaman

• Players

Apparently Blue Team was reinforced by WG staff effort :trollface:

Elenortirion #48 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:16 AM

Midshipman

• Players

the only question I have here is how OP is sure that those were artifically added points and not counter lag....

R3dBaron #49 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:19 AM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

View PostElenortirion, on 20 April 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

the only question I have here is how OP is sure that those were artifically added points and not counter lag....

Precious...LOL.

fodder89 #50 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:25 AM

Able Seaman

• Players

View Postbushwacker001, on 20 April 2017 - 12:07 PM, said:

You know nothing of the sort ........ sick of negative, moaning and complete overkill at trivial stuff is more likely.

I agree with you about that community is getting triggered without knowing the truth actually..

but on the other hand, we will not get the truth neather from developers, right ?

so as harsh as it could be we need to find answer and proofs ourselfs, that kind of flame/whinning/complaining will just bring more people who will try to find the answer, some of them may hit the spot :)

principat121 #51 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:28 AM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

View PostElenortirion, on 20 April 2017 - 11:16 AM, said:

Lag would have affected both teams. But with one team staying on exact the same numbers one can rule out any sort of count lagging with a certain certainty.

Blitzkrieguk #52 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:29 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

Definitely not rigged in any way, because it makes perfect sense that the team with the most amount of games won by a large margin is also doing the most damage, most kills, has the most XP and ribbons... Oh wait.  

Ph3lan #53 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:33 AM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • Community
    Alpha Tester
    Beta Tester

• Manager

Hey guys!

We have an update for you about this issue:

During the first round of the Clash of the Elements event, the advantage of Team Fire became significant and the balancing mechanism blocked joining said team for a prolonged period of time, awaiting team rebalance. There has been a steady increase of new players to Team Water in the past couple of days due to that. At the same time, there we have noticed server-side lag in processing and displaying updates of the team progress bars. While the server was down, the tool was still processing the lagged numbers. After the server was started again after the downtime, the issue is considered fixed. This caused a spike in Team Water performance during the down time.

Additionally, we observed a secondary issue – players who participated in the CotE event right after the downtime, entering battle  using French Cruisers, did not receive their deserved progress. To compensate for that, those players, once we finish gathering data, will be credited with 20 Coins per user affected. This crediting should happen within a few days.

We are sorry for the inconvenience these issues may have caused!

- Ph3lan

SaxonHoliday #54 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:36 AM

Leading Rate

• Players

View PostSchmudla, on 20 April 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

Seems incredibly unlikely, considering they are nearly 20 kills down. It's starting to get absurd at this point.

View PostElenortirion, on 20 April 2017 - 12:16 PM, said:

Equally, if not more unlikely. I'm a programmer and I can tell you that the only way to make something like this lag would be to actively try to make your spaghetti code as unnecessarily complex as possible. And even if it did lag, there is literally no reason why it would only lag for one side.

Packet loss (i.e. data not being fed into the counter because of a malfunction) and stats being readjusted afterwards is more likely than "lag", but again, there is literally no reason why this would only affect one side.

EDIT: Well, Ph3lan made his post while I was still typing. I still consider this excessively strange.

Edited by SaxonHoliday, 20 April 2017 - 11:38 AM.

Ships in port: ShiratsuyuShimakaze, Kamikaze, Shinonome, Fletcher, Gearing, Ognevoi, Kiev, Leningrad, V-170, Kuma, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, Southern Dragon, ARP Takao, Cleveland, Budyonny, Nürnberg, Prinz Eugen, Leander, Belfast, Ishizuchi, ARP Kongou, ARP Hiei, ARP Haruna, Izumo, Wyoming, Alabama, Missouri, Bayern, Tirpitz, Warspite, Ryuujou

Currently grinding: JP BB line, US CA line, KM CA line

Vulgarny #55 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:37 AM

Midshipman

• Sailing Hamster

I hope you also fired dude that brainlessly run app that was adding points during maintance?

CosMoe #56 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:38 AM

Leading Rate

• Beta Tester

I just watched Fire's slight lead in XP (~1 million XP) switch to Blue's slight lead in XP in a matter of 1 minute.

This can absolutely not be explained by any player or even clan coordination.

My guess is that the new French ships very rarely create bugged stats that can flip the teams in the database of each category separately.

The whole concept of this competition is flawed since it is to be expected that players will always try to join the winning team, especially when you join directly from the page that shows the winning team.

Furthermore, the 5 categories are so interdependent that it is highly unlikely that a team does not win all categories at the same time.

If possible, I'd suggest that in future events either the players are assigned a team at random or that the categories are different (but complementary!) for the two teams.

E.g., team Fire needs fire damage, team Water needs flooding damage (much less of course); or Team fire needs (CV) airstrike damage, team Water needs planes shot down by ship AA.

Such a complementary concept would maybe even slightly change the metagame for the duration of the event.

Jethro_Grey #57 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:39 AM

Midshipman

• Players

Is it just me, or does the post by Phelan looks like it was written by the same guy who tried to make a "logical" excuse for the Xmas event shaft?

Benaulim #58 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:40 AM

Leading Rate

• Beta Tester

View PostPh3lan, on 20 April 2017 - 12:33 PM, said:

After the server was started again after the downtime, the issue is considered fixed.

Then why exactly after the server was started again all of a sudden there was another spike raising the Blue xp from 5 millions behind to 2 millions ahead of Red? Seriously. Looking forward to the next explanation.

I was excellent. Everybody loved me. I love myself, and I like bums.
(Cardinal Richelieu)

Blitzkrieguk #59 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

View PostPh3lan, on 20 April 2017 - 11:33 AM, said:

Hey guys!

We have an update for you about this issue:

During the first round of the Clash of the Elements event, the advantage of Team Fire became significant and the balancing mechanism blocked joining said team for a prolonged period of time, awaiting team rebalance. There has been a steady increase of new players to Team Water in the past couple of days due to that. At the same time, there we have noticed server-side lag in processing and displaying updates of the team progress bars. While the server was down, the tool was still processing the lagged numbers. After the server was started again after the downtime, the issue is considered fixed. This caused a spike in Team Water performance during the down time.

Additionally, we observed a secondary issue – players who participated in the CotE event right after the downtime, entering battle  using French Cruisers, did not receive their deserved progress. To compensate for that, those players, once we finish gathering data, will be credited with 20 Coins per user affected. This crediting should happen within a few days.

We are sorry for the inconvenience these issues may have caused!

- Ph3lan

And ALL those players were on team water! What a coincidence. Everything is now hunky dory. Funny now everything has caught up Water has gained A MASSIVE LEAD in XP earned. 

Yeah i'm not buying the crapyou're selling. Water was significantly losing on ALL servers so WG intervened, suddenly yesterday and today they've all miraculously caught up and winning in many aspects.

Edited by Blitzkrieguk, 20 April 2017 - 11:43 AM.

Jethro_Grey #60 Posted 20 April 2017 - 11:41 AM

Midshipman

• Players

View PostBenaulim, on 20 April 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

The why exactly after the server was started again all of a sudden there was another spike raising the Blue xp from 5 millions behind to 2 millions ahead of Red? Seriously. Looking forward to the next explanation.

Can't decide if i want to have another laugh or i have enough bull for one day. :)

And since we now have an offficial and "logical" explanation, we can talk about this event, and all the good things that magically happened on other platforms like Reddit aso. Spread the word!

Edited by Jethro_Grey, 20 April 2017 - 11:43 AM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users