• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Ar_Es_Two_Thousand #21 Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:54 PM

Seaman

• Players

How French are you?

Well...

Edited

I think I'm 90% French, all I need is an Eiffel Tower :)

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks.

Edited by VMX, 22 April 2017 - 01:47 PM.

Looking forward to HMS Hood, the beautiful 'Queen of the Sea'

Crysantos #22 Posted 22 April 2017 - 02:36 PM

German Community Coordinator

• WG Staff

View Postzxc26101970, on 21 April 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

hello.....i did submit a request for participation....do i have to wait for mail confirmation....

Hey zxc!

No, you don't have to wait for confirmation, once you've signed up you're ready to go since we don't send out confirmation mails with this system. Have fun!

View Postaquiles7389, on 21 April 2017 - 05:43 PM, said:

Already edited??? I take back my words. WG moderators team is still....[EDITED BECAUSE IT WAS A REALLY STRONG WORD]
P.S. I preff to edit myself thank you...

Moderation did its job here I'd say if you end up moderatoring your strong words. :)

Otherwise I wish you good luck and success in your endeavours with the French Navy - the best payback for bad French jokes are citadels ingame ;)

Enjoy!

Greetings, Crysantos

CaptainThunderWalker #23 Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:02 PM

Petty Officer

• Players

View PostExocet6951, on 22 April 2017 - 12:44 PM, said:

*cough* http://www.militaryfactory.com/battles/french_military_victories.asp

"'...and a certain unconscious brutality of hurry and gesture in the men is related to their inexhaustible and extraordinary military courage. (...) Let a fool hate France.'" - G.K. Chesterton

Perhaps the moderator expected people not to be ignorant little ****s spouting off the same tired old meme, hoping that after 10 years, it might still be funny.
Guess they were wrong.

Lovely list. I like it, gives a good start for some research. The fact that such a list exists is pretty telling though, and some of the things mentioned are a bit shaky (especially near the bottom) or were coalitions where they had help from other countries. 

However - and quite sadly, this list actually also accentuates one of the more infamous (and oldest) jokes about the French army; if you want France to win a war, make sure its army will be led by either a foreigner, or a woman.  And with examples like Napoleon (Corsican), Charles Martel and his grandson Charlemagne (modern-day Belgium) and Jeanne d'Arc (female), well...

There are obviously a few exceptions, like the Paris-born admiral Tourville, but... you get the point.

And yes, you should expect people to be ignorant little *censored* and spam the same bad jokes all over the place. It's what humans do, after all. Humans aren't the nicest creatures on this planet, and don't fool yourself in thinking we are. Humans like to have a common enemy for example, which can be ranging from schoolyard bullying and jokes aimed at a group of people (in this case the French) to something like genocide. Actually, this game already leaves a pretty big hint in that direction (World of Warships) - the very core of our game is built upon a part from some of the worst things humans can do to each other (waging war).

Edited by CaptainThunderWalker, 22 April 2017 - 10:11 PM.

Ar_Es_Two_Thousand #24 Posted 22 April 2017 - 11:39 PM

Seaman

• Players

I got a lovely edit too...you WoWS mods are quicker on the draw than the guys on the WoT Blitz Forum

I didn't mean to offend anyone or anything like that, it was just a laugh. I am sorry for what I wrote, making fun of France in WW2 isn't big, and it isn't clever, but I did it anyway. I realise that many French soldiers died honourably trying to defend their country, and I have nothing but respect for them...but France is just an easy target for surrender jokes. 

I would love to know how long this warning point will last...it was gained for such a stupid reason. I hope it's not the 6 months in the rules...that would suck. Ah well, I guess I'll have to take the punsihment on the chin.

Regards

Edited by Ar_Es_Two_Thousand, 22 April 2017 - 11:57 PM.

Looking forward to HMS Hood, the beautiful 'Queen of the Sea'

aquiles7389 #25 Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:08 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

View PostAr_Es_Two_Thousand, on 22 April 2017 - 05:39 PM, said:

I would love to know how long this warning point will last...it was gained for such a stupid reason.

St least they gave you 1 warning point. They gave me 2 points and a ban (even if it was my first warning, and I didn't used rude language or anything) because the joke I did just nailed certain moderator nationality... You know, when you can't be professional at work you just ban people :sceptic:

P.S. Please feel free to edit this message, it doesn't ontain rude language, names, references or jokes, so I have no clue what can be edited in the message.

194 ships at port.

Missing ships: 4 Baguettes, Midway, Hakuryu, Iwaki (I wasn't lucky to be an Alfa tester), Flint and Black (I'm not a contributor and don't play ranked as the retroactive rewards program of WG is utter sh***t and unfair).

I dream of a forum with clear straightforward rules, professional moderators and objective sanctions based on rules (not "guidelines") and not depending on the moderator feelings, beliefs or their own interpretation of the "rules".

_DeathWing_ #26 Posted 23 April 2017 - 09:52 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

I didn't get any warning point(s). They respect my donations :trollface:

Edited by _DeathWing_, 23 April 2017 - 09:53 PM.

"A brilliant man would find a way not to fight a war."                                                              

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

ghashpl #27 Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:24 AM

Commodore

• Players

It's hard to be French, when your first name is Citadel :D

high_calibre381 #28 Posted Yesterday, 04:14 PM

Able Seaman

• Players

Will we get results at the end of the whole contest?

Because the first week is gone.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users