Ph3lan #1 Posted 20 April 2017 - 01:58 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • Community
    Alpha Tester
    Beta Tester

• Manager

Captains,

Can you hear it in the distance... this faint murmur coming from the sea? Listen... listen carefully—it’s a song carried by the waves and it’s the tale of new ships to come. Can’t you hear the drums announcing it? La Royale… La Royale is coming, la royale is here! French cruisers are in game and it’s time to show us you can master a new nation!

Get them while they're fresh, try to score your best, and glory and treasures may pave your way!

Branle-bas de combat, capitaines !

Webley_Mark #2 Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

Admiral

• Wiki translation

25% French. Best I can do. Sorry. :trollface:

aquiles7389 #3 Posted 20 April 2017 - 03:07 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

How French are you?

Not french at all...Even my home country made them retreat after shooting an Habsburg emperor that France elected :izmena:

Edited by aquiles7389, 20 April 2017 - 03:19 PM.

194 ships at port.

Missing ships: 4 Baguettes, Midway, Hakuryu, Iwaki (I wasn't lucky to be an Alfa tester), Flint and Black (I'm not a contributor and don't play ranked as the retroactive rewards program of WG is utter sh***t and unfair).

I dream of a forum with clear straightforward rules, professional moderators and objective sanctions based on rules (not "guidelines") and not depending on the moderator feelings, beliefs or their own interpretation of the "rules".

iJoby #4 Posted 20 April 2017 - 04:00 PM

Warrant Officer

• Players

French patois, Father born on Sark Island, Channel Isands. très bien.

No time for Hate, Plenty of time for Love, Family, and Friends

HyperSnyper #5 Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

Seaman

• Players

The closest i get to going french is eating a salad french stick :P

Natsu__Dragneel #6 Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:44 PM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

Edited

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks.

Edited by VMX, 21 April 2017 - 08:14 AM.

ShinGetsu #7 Posted 20 April 2017 - 08:03 PM

Commander

• Weekend Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostNatsu__Dragneel, on 20 April 2017 - 06:44 PM, said:

Edited :o

And since when does this have anything to do with the French ? 

I mean, Edited

Yeah, I'm tired of that joke. If French are cowards, I guess pretty much the whole world is made of cowards. Learn History, kid.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory remarks.

Edited by VMX, 21 April 2017 - 08:18 AM.

Yes, indeed. It is called CL4PT. Where the transitory lands of the admirals of the fleet converge.

In venturing north, the battleships discover the truth of the old words. The smoke fades and the destroyers go without citadels. When the HE spamming is threatened, the bell tolls, unsinking the old admirals of the fleet from their graves. Kamikaze, Saint of the Torpedo. Taiho's aircraft Legion : the Cross Droppers. And the reclusive ship of the useless sacrifice, Yamato, the giant. Only in truth, the admirals will abandon their caps, and the devastated will rise. Nameless, accursed cruisers, unfit even to be CLs.

And so it is, that AP shells seeketh citadels.

roguetrooperz #8 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:29 AM

Seaman

• Players

I'm Very Scottish but I do like French food does that count?

SaxonHoliday #9 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:55 AM

Leading Rate

• Players

The closest I am to being French is living on the border. :D

Ships in port: ShiratsuyuShimakaze, Kamikaze, Shinonome, Fletcher, Gearing, Ognevoi, Kiev, Leningrad, V-170, Kuma, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, Southern Dragon, ARP Takao, Cleveland, Budyonny, Nürnberg, Prinz Eugen, Leander, Belfast, Ishizuchi, ARP Kongou, ARP Hiei, ARP Haruna, Izumo, Wyoming, Alabama, Missouri, Bayern, Tirpitz, Warspite, Ryuujou

Currently grinding: JP BB line, US CA line, KM CA line

_DeathWing_ #10 Posted 21 April 2017 - 09:04 AM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

Edited 

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inflammatory content.

Edited by VMX, 21 April 2017 - 10:04 AM.

"A brilliant man would find a way not to fight a war."                                                              

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

zxc26101970 #11 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:32 AM

Seaman

• Players

hello.....i did submit a request for participation....do i have to wait for mail confirmation....

thisheep #12 Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:48 PM

Midshipman

• Players
  • Wiki translation

How French are you?

As baguette as possible and proud to be! 

logo UFR.png    logo UFR.png

Le wiki francophone traduit par la communauté: http://wiki.wargamin...rld_of_Warships

Lambtron84 #13 Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:24 PM

Seaman

• Players

How can you check your individual progress for the event?

aquiles7389 #14 Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

WOW, Edited...
Maybe because WG made one themselves and would be double morale to ban people doing that joke???
Maybe because they are in good mood now???

Anyways, can't say good job but you are improving.

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Edited by VMX, 21 April 2017 - 02:52 PM.

194 ships at port.

Missing ships: 4 Baguettes, Midway, Hakuryu, Iwaki (I wasn't lucky to be an Alfa tester), Flint and Black (I'm not a contributor and don't play ranked as the retroactive rewards program of WG is utter sh***t and unfair).

I dream of a forum with clear straightforward rules, professional moderators and objective sanctions based on rules (not "guidelines") and not depending on the moderator feelings, beliefs or their own interpretation of the "rules".

_DeathWing_ #15 Posted 21 April 2017 - 02:53 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

View Postaquiles7389, on 21 April 2017 - 02:35 PM, said:

WOW, Edited...

This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.

Welcome to the club :trollface:

"A brilliant man would find a way not to fight a war."                                                              

Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

aquiles7389 #16 Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:43 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

Already edited??? I take back my words. WG moderators team is still....[EDITED BECAUSE IT WAS A REALLY STRONG WORD]
P.S. I preff to edit myself thank you...

Edited by aquiles7389, 21 April 2017 - 04:45 PM.

194 ships at port.

CaptainThunderWalker #17 Posted 21 April 2017 - 08:22 PM

Petty Officer

• Players

Seriously, what did the moderator team expect?!

I mean, obviously everybody is going to crank out the worst French jokes you can imagine in a war-based game, which means you are dealing with a community familiar with these jokes, the French military track record (which is quite bad for a large country, to put it nicely), and surrounding history in general.

And it doesn't help either that the jokes about the French military capacity may be older than you think - even Charles Martel already made them back in his day.

aquiles7389 #18 Posted 21 April 2017 - 10:56 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

View PostCaptainThunderWalker, on 21 April 2017 - 02:22 PM, said:

I mean, obviously everybody is going to crank out the worst French jokes you can imagine in a war-based game, which means you are dealing with a community familiar with these jokes, the French military track record (which is quite bad for a large country, to put it nicely), and surrounding history in general.

And it doesn't help either that the jokes about the French military capacity may be older than you think - even Charles Martel already made them back in his day.

The problem is that even the WG team make the jokes in official media: Watch at 3:00

https://worldofwarsh...ench--cruisers/

So if a developer (and thus, WG employee) makes a joke about french ships is soooo fun and correct...But if somebody makes a similar joke here in forum, you get banned...Probably even this message will be edited for pointing this out.

194 ships at port.

Blitzkrieguk #19 Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:25 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

When WG makes a thread to find out how French you are to go with the new Baguette boats, then forgets no one wants to be French

Exocet6951 #20 Posted 22 April 2017 - 12:44 PM

Midshipman

• Weekend Tester

View PostCaptainThunderWalker, on 21 April 2017 - 08:22 PM, said:

*cough* http://www.militaryfactory.com/battles/french_military_victories.asp

"'...and a certain unconscious brutality of hurry and gesture in the men is related to their inexhaustible and extraordinary military courage. (...) Let a fool hate France.'" - G.K. Chesterton

Perhaps the moderator expected people not to be ignorant little ****s spouting off the same tired old meme, hoping that after 10 years, it might still be funny.
Guess they were wrong.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

sagara2000