Premium Japanese Carrier: Kaga

Premium Carrier Kaga Japanese

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

Skyllon #41 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:25 PM

Warrant Officer

• Players

Long overdue...

Let's now all rejoice hordes of IJN CV drivers striking their enemies with unstoppable powers of autodrop...

Haunted by bad teams. Pestered with horrible MM. Hated by RNG. Harrased by dispersion.
Cursed with loosing streaks. Hectored by self proclaimed admirals. Stalked by pink ships.
Oppressed by HE spam. Nagged by torpedo walls. Bullied by enemy aircrafts.

With
Supercontainers plagued with upgrades.

WG do something about that.

SaxonHoliday #42 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:40 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

HOLY NUTBUCKETS.

I'm hyped. Though I'm a bit surprised about her being placed at T7. 90 planes at that tier is pretty hefty. I guess they're making her a sort of mirror of Saipan? So, crappy planes but a lot of them?

Either way.

My wallet is ready.

Ships in port: ShiratsuyuShimakaze, Kamikaze, Shinonome, Fletcher, Gearing, Ognevoi, Kiev, Leningrad, V-170, Kuma, ARP Ashigara, ARP Haguro, Southern Dragon, ARP Takao, Pensacola, Budyonny, Nürnberg, Prinz Eugen, Leander, Belfast, Jurien, Duca d'Aosta, Ishizuchi, ARP Kongou, ARP Hiei, ARP Haruna, Yamato, Wyoming, Alabama, Missouri, Bayern, Tirpitz, Warspite, Ryuujou

Currently grinding: RU DD line, US CA line

MrKristensen #43 Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:46 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

Carriers? No thanks...... no more throwing my money at this game, they're about to WoT/WoWp it :popcorn:

damo74 #44 Posted 21 March 2017 - 04:31 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester

Look at the size of that thing.

So many citadels on there it's not funny.

Ishiro32 #45 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:13 PM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

Here is a crazy thought. How about you fix CVs before asking players for money? 

Negativvv #46 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:19 PM

Captain

• Players

View PostIshiro32, on 21 March 2017 - 05:13 PM, said:

Alternative interface=WG will claim CVs are fixed!!

SBS #47 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:37 PM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

I doubt this will do much to fix CV vc CV balance or CV vs other classes. Also not sure about the removing manual drop, just means people will have a harder time to learn once they do get to higher tiers.

Guess we will have to see how Kaga performs. As long as it is not another Saipan, I really HATE the whole, make premiums ships unique by giving them consumables or something else, seriously.

What is wrong with just making them captain training/credit earning ships? Why do they need to fill something else that THE STANDARD SHIPS SHOULD!?!?

P8vou7c.gif

How to enable replayes, read this.  Teamspeak server, read this.

Verdius #48 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:40 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester

View PostIshiro32, on 21 March 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

As if Lesta even care at this point about CV. Their idea of fixing low tiers is to remove manual targeting and strafing. Because instead of tackling the balancing they just punish players for using the only thing that constitutes gameplay and requires skill. And this is the most major change in CV in the past year. (If you don't count the progressive AA creep and economy rework)

None of the issues were addressed despite many of them being present for a long time. No serious attempts at rebalancing, not even the IJN vs USN mess. I seriously doubt anyone on the WoWs dev team has even played CV in the past year. Clearly they have other priorities, like nerfing anything that isn't a BB.

A drink a day keeps the rage at bay

SHDRKN4792 #49 Posted 21 March 2017 - 05:58 PM

Midshipman

• Players

View PostIshiro32, on 21 March 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

Overrated.

Ictogan #50 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:06 PM

Midshipman

• Supertester

View PostP4RDUS, on 21 March 2017 - 11:46 AM, said:

Which premium ship is exactly OP compared to normal ships? Oh wait i know you would say Nikolai and Gremmy. I barely ever see them. Saipan? Hiryu is much better. Other than that go to premium shop, click on ships and tell me which ship is gamebreaking and much better than normal ships? Should premium ships really be worst than normal ships like alabama or krasny krim to make people happy?

Imo only problem with premiums ships is ranked season being in tier 7. Premiums have radar and other ships have nothing (to be more precise: Belfast). This really sucks. Other than that, i see no problem at all in random battles.

Let's see... There is the König Albert, Nikolai, Texas, Gremmy, Murmansk, Kamikaze/Fujin, Anshan, Flint, Belfast, Saipan, Leningrad, Atago, MK and Missouri which are clearly better than their closest regular counterparts. But surely WG doesn't make premiums OP. And I do not think that premiums should be worse than regular ships, I merely think they shouldn't be stronger.

Tora Tora Tora!

My Sims Guide

Verdius #51 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester

View PostIctogan, on 21 March 2017 - 07:06 PM, said:

Let's see... There is the König Albert, Nikolai, Texas, Gremmy, Murmansk, Kamikaze/Fujin, Anshan, Flint, Belfast, Saipan, Leningrad, Atago, MK and Missouri which are clearly better than their closest regular counterparts. But surely WG doesn't make premiums OP. And I do not think that premiums should be worse than regular ships, I merely think they shouldn't be stronger.

Oh don't forget USS Black.
Oh and lets also not forget that the new disengage mechanic that forces you to sacrifice a fighter has an exemption for Saipan.

A drink a day keeps the rage at bay

dasCKD #52 Posted 21 March 2017 - 06:23 PM

Midshipman

• Players

König Albert, Nikolai

No arguments there.

Texas

She'd be losing in range, not that it really matters that much with a ship with her accuracy.

Gremmy, Murmansk,

No arguments for these two.

Kamikaze/Fujin

I disagree with this set. When they were first released, the Fujin and Kamikazes were inferior to the Minekaze. It's only through the game's advancement and War Gaming's refusal to nerf premium ships that the Kamikaze and Fujin became superior to the Minekaze. Whilst they are more powerful than their tech tree counterparts now, they were not released as OP premium ships. Whilst their refusal to nerf premium ships to keep the game balance is a problem in and of itself, this isn't the case of WG releasing an OP premium.

Flint

I would argue that the Pensacola and the Flint are simply far too different for us to possibly legitimately compare.

Belfast

I prefer the Fiji. She's a better ship. The only thing the Belfast has going for her is her radar, which is broken on a game design level.

Saipan

She's not superior to the Hiryu. I find her to be far more comfortable in randoms with dozens of different holes in the enemy fleet for me to poke through, but in ranked or competitive her small plane complement makes her an extremely hard carrier to use to swing battles.

Leningrad, Atago,

These two are fair enough, though in the case of the Atago it's simply because the Mogami was a victim of fundamental changes in game mechanics. She used to be inferior to the Mogami just in terms of pure effectiveness alone.

MK

The Chappy has a very formidable radar suite coupled with excellent concelement. I think that she is more than enough of a competitive choice of ship.

Missouri

That one's fair enough.

"First they nerfed the carriers and I didn't speak out because I didn't play carriers.

Then they nerfed the torpedoes and I didn't speak out because I didn't play IJN DDs.

Then they nerfed cruiser HE and I didn't speak out because I didn't spam HE.

Then the BBabies came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me."                            Artist page ->http://www.pixiv.net...id=5192176

Sadzior #53 Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:19 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

View PostdasCKD, on 21 March 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:

The 7 planes on the front has one red dot and one stripe, which would correspond to the Aichi D3A1 tier 6 dive bomber. This is odd because the planes on the front are smaller than the other two sets, suggesting that they are instead fighters. This would either mean she might be getting fighters not available in the game right now, or War Gaming are screwing around with the art assets again. The 10 planes in the middle are almost certainly the Nakajima B5N2, the top torpedo bombers on both the Ryujo and the Hiryu. The 10 planes at the rear are a bit hard to identify. They have the same red dot and red band of the Aichi D3A1, but those planes has a red mark on the tail which the Aichi doesn't have. Apart from the torpedo bomber, Kaga might be getting entirely new planes with distinct stats for her loadout.

Planes on front Mitsubishi A6M2 (7 fighters )

second after them ( green ones) Nakajima B5N2 (10 torpedo bombers, horizontal bombers), on end of deck:Aichi D3A1(10 planes -dive bombers)

It wasnt so hard....

it looks like 1x5 2x5 and 2x5

If we count one zero with already started from the deck it looks like

2x4 2x5 2x5

And this deck is most probable one.

Edited by Sadzior, 22 March 2017 - 03:27 AM.

CptMinia #54 Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:21 AM

Leading Rate

• Players

Well that's nice sure... but where is my Akagi? ;(

Ah well, with the stuff happening now I probably won't buy her until these latest developments are sorted out. Of course I say that, but I'll probably buy her anyway... and Alabama... and Kitakami.

Youtube  Youtube

xXx_Blogis_xXx #55 Posted 22 March 2017 - 05:49 AM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

if these fighters will have same hp as hiryu , then rip it , they will feed my saipan always

Join The mighty Scrubs! Recruitment page

kfa #56 Posted 30 March 2017 - 04:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester

Why am i the only one hyped about the Kaga?? Come on guys!

Current Stats:

Spoiler

"-Kaga got her torps really fast (48 knots), her alt dropping bombs is extremely small, like you can hit almost 6 bombs on the Minekaze.

Kaga’s planes die extremely fast, so when attacking, you need to think carefully before targeting someone even if their AA is horrible, and you must accept that you will lose lots of planes. This Premium ship requires more micromanagement skill than Saipan, don’t buy it if you haven’t played Taiho or Hakuryu before."

Johan_Jung #57 Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:45 AM

Seaman

• Players

Those weird flight control modes - are you serious? What about a balanced flight control mode (2-2-2)?

Negativvv #58 Posted 31 March 2017 - 05:50 AM

Captain

• Players

View PostJohan_Jung, on 31 March 2017 - 05:45 AM, said:

Those weird flight control modes - are you serious? What about a balanced flight control mode (2-2-2)?

If you want balanced you play the Hiryu.

I dabble in CVs but Kaga looks nasty to me. I dislike strike builds and the stacked double torp bomber build looks like a micro nightmare for less effective results but we'll wait for the reviews...

Johan_Jung #59 Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:03 AM

Seaman

• Players

View PostNegativvv, on 31 March 2017 - 05:50 AM, said:

If you want balanced you play the Hiryu.

I dabble in CVs but Kaga looks nasty to me. I dislike strike builds and the stacked double torp bomber build looks like a micro nightmare for less effective results but we'll wait for the reviews...

Hiryu comes with several flight modes, not just balanced. Besides, Kaga is premium so if "play Hiryu instead" is the suggestion, that would be bad business IMHO. Let the players choose, so please add a balanced flight control mode for Kaga.

I would also argue that any flight control mode that do not include fighters should be removed from the game...

Negativvv #60 Posted 31 March 2017 - 07:11 AM

Captain

• Players

View PostJohan_Jung, on 31 March 2017 - 07:03 AM, said:

Hiryu comes with several flight modes, not just balanced. Besides, Kaga is premium so if "play Hiryu instead" is the suggestion, that would be bad business IMHO. Let the players choose, so please add a balanced flight control mode for Kaga.

I would also argue that any flight control mode that do not include fighters should be removed from the game...

Hiryu 2/2/2 is probably the best for general purpose CV play for T7.

Debatable what Prem stuff is meant to bring. Saipan is noticeably different to other USN CVs anyway and Kaga is looking like it's going to be something similarly unique. I see what you mean as there's plenty of Premium ships that are very similar to their tech tree equivalents. It's possible 2/2/2 Kaga can even be balanced as they'd all be weaker T6 planes but with a massive reserve.

Ha, I don't like no Fighter Strike decks either but plenty do well in them. I don't like having no comeback for enemy fighters and having to deal with the whine from my team that I'm offering them zero air cover :teethhappy:

Also tagged with Premium Carrier, Kaga, Japanese

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users