Premium Japanese Carrier: Kaga

Premium Carrier Kaga Japanese

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

makhot #21 Posted 21 March 2017 - 07:32 AM

Leading Rate

• Players

Based on the recent track record I'd expect yet another blatantly OP pay to win premium :trollface:
Because of reasons.

kfa #22 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:03 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester

Well, i am comletely sold. I am a massive IJN CV fan and those 200mm secondaries and 90 plane reserve looks glorious.

T0byJug #23 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:30 AM

Lieutenant

• Weekend Tester

the Air group looks a little large for tier 7.. 90 planes

Current 

Siapan 48... But tie IX

Ranger Max loadout 74

Hiryu Max loadout 72

Kaga 90......

Seeigel #24 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:35 AM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

You realize thats the historic configuration, just like with the italian cruiser?

That are NOT the ingame stats.

Now I only need my Akagi too.

Edited by Seeigel, 21 March 2017 - 08:35 AM.

T0byJug #25 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:48 AM

Lieutenant

• Weekend Tester

View PostSeeigel, on 21 March 2017 - 08:35 AM, said:

You realize thats the historic configuration, just like with the italian cruiser?

That are NOT the ingame stats.

Now I only need my Akagi too.

Your Probably correct

Seeigel #26 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:50 AM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

View PostT0byJug, on 21 March 2017 - 08:48 AM, said:

Your Probably correct

It even is stated in the picture, upper right corner in red ;-)

Migulaitor #27 Posted 21 March 2017 - 08:56 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Players

View PostT0byJug, on 21 March 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

the Air group looks a little large for tier 7.. 90 planes

Current 

Siapan 48... But tie IX

Ranger Max loadout 74

Hiryu Max loadout 72

Kaga 90......

Saipan is balanced having less planes but they are higher tier, they will give Kaga tier 5 TB and tier 6 fighters and bombers :trollface:

daki #28 Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:06 AM

Midshipman

• Weekend Tester

View Post159Hunter, on 21 March 2017 - 04:45 AM, said:

Hmmm, I thought WG said they wouldn't release any more premium CVs before reworking CVs alltogether?

View PostEl2aZeR, on 21 March 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

Maybe it means the rework will be coming with it?

I mean, I doubt it, but one can hope, right?

In the patchnotes from WoWs Asia that LilJumpa published in the other thread, there will be a rework:

Aircraft Carrier Controls

With the release of Update 0.6.3, we added an alternative control mode for aircraft carriers. Now, it only takes two mouse buttons to operate a carrier.

However, if you've already mastered the art of controlling your carriers with the 'standard' controls, don't fret. The new controls will be a selectable option. 

The new control mode will be disabled by default. The alternative mode can be enabled via the Controls tab in the Settings screen.

The alternative control mode differs from the standard one in that commands for movement and target acquisition for squadrons are given using the right mouse button only. Besides that, the two-button controls are more responsive, allowing the game to respond faster to commands given by the player.

The new update will bring other changes related to aircraft carriers as well.

• The manual squadron attack feature (ALT + Left Click) will be disabled for Tier IV and V carriers. This change is aimed at bringing more balance to carriers at lower tiers where the majority of warships come with weak AA defenses. Information on the availability of the manual squadron attack feature (ALT + Left Click) for a particular aircraft carrier is displayed in the Flight Control module.
  • Fighters may now be taken out of an encounter with enemy aircraft via an ALT + Left Click. When a squadron is withdrawn from action this way, it will always lose one aircraft. This rule will apply to all carriers except Saipan.
  • Once a carrier is destroyed, their squadrons will maintain their position after fulfilling a particular order rather than head for the carrier's final (sinking) location.
  • Fixed bugs related to the differentiation between a single and double mouse clicks. This change will prevent situations when an "Attention to Sector" order given using the Minimap resulted in a selected squadron to head to that way.
  • Fighters with a speed higher than the speed of their targets will slow down as necessary and will not discontinue their attack. By doing so, they will be able to constantly keep their target under attack and avoid situations when the attacked strike aircraft could drop bombs or torpedoes with no increase in dispersion.
  • Added a contour line encircling key areas instead of buoys in the aircraft camera view.

Not being a CV player I have no clue if this will help or not, so I leave it to experienced carrier captains to discuss :)

robihr #29 Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:15 AM

Midshipman

• Players

View Postdaki, on 21 March 2017 - 10:06 AM, said:

In the patchnotes from WoWs Asia that LilJumpa published in the other thread, there will be a rework:

Aircraft Carrier Controls

With the release of Update 0.6.3, we added an alternative control mode for aircraft carriers. Now, it only takes two mouse buttons to operate a carrier.

However, if you've already mastered the art of controlling your carriers with the 'standard' controls, don't fret. The new controls will be a selectable option. 

The new control mode will be disabled by default. The alternative mode can be enabled via the Controls tab in the Settings screen.

The alternative control mode differs from the standard one in that commands for movement and target acquisition for squadrons are given using the right mouse button only. Besides that, the two-button controls are more responsive, allowing the game to respond faster to commands given by the player.

The new update will bring other changes related to aircraft carriers as well.

• The manual squadron attack feature (ALT + Left Click) will be disabled for Tier IV and V carriers. This change is aimed at bringing more balance to carriers at lower tiers where the majority of warships come with weak AA defenses. Information on the availability of the manual squadron attack feature (ALT + Left Click) for a particular aircraft carrier is displayed in the Flight Control module.
  • Fighters may now be taken out of an encounter with enemy aircraft via an ALT + Left Click. When a squadron is withdrawn from action this way, it will always lose one aircraft. This rule will apply to all carriers except Saipan.
  • Once a carrier is destroyed, their squadrons will maintain their position after fulfilling a particular order rather than head for the carrier's final (sinking) location.
  • Fixed bugs related to the differentiation between a single and double mouse clicks. This change will prevent situations when an "Attention to Sector" order given using the Minimap resulted in a selected squadron to head to that way.
  • Fighters with a speed higher than the speed of their targets will slow down as necessary and will not discontinue their attack. By doing so, they will be able to constantly keep their target under attack and avoid situations when the attacked strike aircraft could drop bombs or torpedoes with no increase in dispersion.
  • Added a contour line encircling key areas instead of buoys in the aircraft camera view.

Not being a CV player I have no clue if this will help or not, so I leave it to experienced carrier captains to discuss :)

how to read this: make CV little more noob friendly, but actually not changing anything... and they fixed few cv bugs

P4RDUS #30 Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:42 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

View Post159Hunter, on 21 March 2017 - 04:45 AM, said:

Hmmm, I thought WG said they wouldn't release any more premium CVs before reworking CVs alltogether?

Anyone knows, how exactly they want to fix CVs? Did wargaming said anything? I guess, making CVs viable again is a really hard task. I hope they will not be insanely overpowered again, like they were once. I believe, there are no overpowered ships for the time being. Some of them are kind of OP, but they all have weakness and we surely have some underdogs like german DDs, ijn DDs, US CVs etc. I hope CVs will not be as powerfull as in old day, that would definitely change my opinion :)

What ever, nice to see a new ship in game. :)

Games are about being creative, not being the most "realistic"

Shigeru Miyamoto

P4RDUS #31 Posted 21 March 2017 - 09:46 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

View PostIctogan, on 20 March 2017 - 10:51 PM, said:

Nah, she's a premium, she will probably just be released in an OP state.

I wish I was saying this as a joke.

Which premium ship is exactly OP compared to normal ships? Oh wait i know you would say Nikolai and Gremmy. I barely ever see them. Saipan? Hiryu is much better. Other than that go to premium shop, click on ships and tell me which ship is gamebreaking and much better than normal ships? Should premium ships really be worst than normal ships like alabama or krasny krim to make people happy?

Imo only problem with premiums ships is ranked season being in tier 7. Premiums have radar and other ships have nothing (to be more precise: Belfast). This really sucks. Other than that, i see no problem at all in random battles.

Shigeru Miyamoto

walter3kurtz #32 Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:09 AM

Chief Petty Officer

• Players

View PostP4RDUS, on 21 March 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Which premium ship is exactly OP compared to normal ships? Oh wait i know you would say Nikolai and Gremmy. I barely ever see them. Saipan? Hiryu is much better. Other than that go to premium shop, click on ships and tell me which ship is gamebreaking and much better than normal ships? Should premium ships really be worst than normal ships like alabama or krasny krim to make people happy?

Imo only problem with premiums ships is ranked season being in tier 7. Premiums have radar and other ships have nothing (to be more precise: Belfast). This really sucks. Other than that, i see no problem at all in random battles.

People just like to complain about stuff, supposedly OP premiums are high on the list.

Now OT: about time they gave us an IJN CV trainer!

xXx_Blogis_xXx #33 Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:30 AM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

i will just wait till final before up to game , and will see if its worth vs saipan

Join The mighty Scrubs! Recruitment page

Admiral_H_Nelson #34 Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

Midshipman

• Players

View PostP4RDUS, on 21 March 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Which premium ship is exactly OP compared to normal ships?

None of them! :)

I never get this "pay to win", or "OP" argument at all.  "Pay to get an advantage over the regular version" - yes . . . . . . . . sometimes.

The premiums fall into three categories, IMHO.

1) Where the ship plays very differently to the corresponding silver ship of the same nation/tier (e.g. Atlanta, Saipan, Graf Spee)

2) Where the ship is worse (or the same) as the corresponding silver ship of the same nation/tier (e.g. Krasny Krim, Prinz Eugen)

3) Where the ship is better than the corresponding silver ship of the same nation/tier (e.g. Leningrad, Texas, Atago)

People are competitive, and want to gain an edge. Why would they bother fitting cammo, upgrades, flags etc unless this were the case.

You cannot blame people wanting to play with better ships, and that is what some (a few) premium ships are. Better. But not OP.

Edited by Admiral_H_Nelson, 21 March 2017 - 10:55 AM.

Monopolies are bad because people get bad service for high prices.  Competition is good because people get good service for competitive prices.
Timothy C. Draper              (...and Wargaming is a monopoly)

T0byJug #35 Posted 21 March 2017 - 10:54 AM

Lieutenant

• Weekend Tester

View PostSeeigel, on 21 March 2017 - 08:50 AM, said:

It even is stated in the picture, upper right corner in red ;-)

Just SHUT UPP........ :hiding:

Mangrey #36 Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:16 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

The collor stripes on the tail of the planes whos witch CV they come from :) 

mang

95% of all Battleship players are crap

Verdius #37 Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

Warrant Officer

• Beta Tester

View PostP4RDUS, on 21 March 2017 - 10:42 AM, said:

Anyone knows, how exactly they want to fix CVs?

Nope. They talked about improving the UI and some nebulous changes they were going to introduce at some point. We don't have an ETA nor any idea what this will entail. Only thing we know is that tier 4-5 CVs are boned next patch when they remove manual targeting.

A drink a day keeps the rage at bay

Ferry_25 #38 Posted 21 March 2017 - 11:58 AM

Lieutenant

• Players

Yay... More Carriers... Looking at the picture of this thing makes me wonder how it was supposed to be dealing with side wind....

Edit: typo

Edited by Ferry_25, 21 March 2017 - 12:05 PM.

P4RDUS #39 Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:30 PM

Petty Officer

• Players

View PostVerdius, on 21 March 2017 - 11:50 AM, said:

Only thing we know is that tier 4-5 CVs are boned next patch when they remove manual targeting.

OMG! i did not know that. Just saw this in update notes. This is definitely a step in the worst direction. I do not mind if they would nerf Zuiho (My sealclubing ship :P) but hosho, bogue and langley are already suffering hard and WG is taking manual drop ability of these ships away?? :facepalm:

Besides that low tier CVs were training- and playground for new captains to improve their manual drop ability. Now we might see a T6-T7 CV captains who can not drop their bombs properly. This is like taking ap-shells of low tier BBs away :sceptic:

Shigeru Miyamoto

ajb13 #40 Posted 21 March 2017 - 12:44 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

The timing couldn't be better. Remove the abilities from the T4-T5 CV's that they needed to learn to be good CV players, and give them a new T7 premium they can jump straight into to learn them instead. Was the manual drop nerf really just a way of selling more Kaga's?

'Objective achieved, 40% and rising, we're on the right track'

Also tagged with Premium Carrier, Kaga, Japanese

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users