Jump to content


King of the Sea II

KOTS King Cometitiv Tournament Contest 9v9 T8

  • Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

TobiAssho #1 Posted 15 February 2017 - 10:18 AM

    Able Seaman

  • Tournament Organizer

  • 70
  • Member since:
    03-01-2015

Kots Logo Forum.png

 

Blown up ships and planes are scattered over the ocean. As the smoke lifts repeat champions OMNI-Masochists, firmly on their throne, look upon the fallen challengers. They have defended their title, and may now enjoy their victory. A throne is comfortable.


But being the king makes you worthy prey. Your treasures will never be safe, and the temporary silence deceives. Even as the sea calms already new captains and old veterans gather again to wrest the crown and proclaim themselves the new KING OF THE SEA.

 

The World of Warships competitive community proudly presents:

 

King of the Sea Tournament II

 

 

 

The next test for the King will be held on the:

 

4th and 5th of March starting at 16:00 CET

 

Signup will open on the 25th of February at 18:00 CET here. Be ready, it is first come first served.

If the last tournament is anything to go by, we expect the spots to go very quickly so have your team roster sorted out and ready to submit as soon as the signups go live. You cannot sign up a team without at least 9 people (max 12).

 

General rules:

  • 9 vs. 9, Tier 8
  • 12 members per team
  • Up to 3 teams per clan/community
  • 32 Teams
  • All teams progressing past the first round will receive a reward
  • Map pool: Trident, Shards, Islands of Ice, Sea of Fortune, Neighbors, Warriors Path, Loop

 

​All rules and the prize pool can be found here. Schedule is up and brackets are online, drawn by Izo.

 

The events will be streamed and a prize pool worth over 250.000 doubloons awaits the teams. Prepare your ships, ready your guns and load your torpedo tubes, the hunt is on!

 

Streamer schedule day 2:

 

English: Izolate / Flamu

German: Cloud / ElAtze

Frensh: Cheveu

 

16:00 OMNI vs AAO

17:30 TTT vs OM

19:00 Final

 

Please contact Eclaire (TTT), Tobiassho (AAO), Ataw (TTT) or Domin1c (AAO) if you have any questions or want to help organizing the event.

 


AAO open for new recruits: http://forum.worldof...now-recruiting/


RAF_Ninja #2 Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:26 AM

    Seaman

  • Beta Tester

  • 34
  • Member since:
    12-10-2013
Excellent work guys - DGKS will look to applying again :)

_FTD_ #3 Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:11 PM

    Officer Cadet

  • Players

  • 878
  • Member since:
    06-19-2014
It's OMNI Masochists not Vegetables. 

[OMNI] 1st Place in the KotW + KotS 1 + KotS 2 tournament


Eclaire #4 Posted 16 February 2017 - 12:39 PM

    Able Seaman

  • Tournament Organizer

  • 50
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View Post_FTD_, on 16 February 2017 - 12:11 PM, said:

It's OMNI Masochists not Vegetables. 

 

updated
Tora Tora Tora

Hateshinaku #5 Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:01 PM

    Midshipman

  • Supertester
  • Players

  • 1,300
  • Member since:
    05-09-2013

Looking forward to it,

Btw. Good job to the guy that created the logo ^_^


                                                                                                                                

Eclaire #6 Posted 16 February 2017 - 03:08 PM

    Able Seaman

  • Tournament Organizer

  • 50
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostHateshinaku, on 16 February 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

Btw. Good job to the guy that created the logo ^_^

 

all credit to gav_n :)

 


Tora Tora Tora

xBr0w #7 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:47 PM

    Leading Rate

  • Supertester

  • 130
  • Member since:
    08-02-2015

Aaaaah playing on a Saturday is not my favourite but well we ofc have to participate! :D 

And Izo do a good raffle for us this time =D 


 

     

[OM] Odem Mortis

- Rise Up Red Sea -

 

 
 

Hateshinaku #8 Posted 16 February 2017 - 06:58 PM

    Midshipman

  • Supertester
  • Players

  • 1,300
  • Member since:
    05-09-2013

View PostxBr0w, on 16 February 2017 - 07:47 PM, said:

Aaaaah playing on a Saturday is not my favourite but well we ofc have to participate! :D 

And Izo do a good raffle for us this time =D 

 

Ah raffle that not get´s you almost killed by certain Amagi players?:trollface:
                                                                                                                                

luigi1985 #9 Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:47 AM

    Seaman

  • Beta Tester

  • 9
  • Member since:
    02-17-2013
.uhmm...

Sarmanil #10 Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:33 AM

    Able Seaman

  • Players

  • 78
  • Member since:
    06-30-2015
Very much looking forward to this, previous tournament was amazing to follow on twitch. Thank you so much for putting the time and effort into this! And lets hope air france doesn't screw up again :D

TobiAssho #11 Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:17 PM

    Able Seaman

  • Tournament Organizer

  • 70
  • Member since:
    03-01-2015

View PostSarmanil, on 17 February 2017 - 10:33 AM, said:

Very much looking forward to this, previous tournament was amazing to follow on twitch. Thank you so much for putting the time and effort into this! And lets hope air france doesn't screw up again :D

 

Thank you!

If you like our little event please spread the word! The more people we get interested in competitv WoWs the better :D


AAO open for new recruits: http://forum.worldof...now-recruiting/


Ginger_General #12 Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:40 PM

    Seaman

  • Players

  • 42
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

Good to see another tournament coming up. Good job organising the last one!

 

As part of the runner's up team last time round I have to say the prize of 10 containers was rather, to put it politely, pants. Don't get me wrong it was incredibly satisfying to get to the final with the bracket the team I was a part of had but it was a bit of a slap in the face to open 10 containers getting 3 premium smokes / defensive AA and 3 liquidator signals in each. This is compared to last time round the teams getting premium ships. I'm saying this as constructive feedback for the next time as really when we're dealing with what's ultimately an e-currency and easily created by WG with a click, that was a terrible main prize for 2nd and 1st place.

 

For future tournaments it would be great to see the 1st and 2nd prizes something more like this:

1st;

Flag

100 FTW camouflages

30 days premium

5k doubloons/premium ship about to be released

 

2nd;

50 FTW camouflages

7 days premium

2.5k doubloons

 

That's also a bump in camouflages for 2nd as last time 3rd and 4th got 20 camouflages for the 25 that 2nd received. The added effort of being in the final just isn't equal to the change in prize pool.

I could totally understand you may think I'm being biased towards second place getting a boost but 1st has a greater boost in the prize.

 

Finally I'd just like to say I'm grateful for the containers but none of the consumables/signals were at all needed in my port.



Ataw #13 Posted 17 February 2017 - 01:51 PM

    Petty Officer

  • Tournament Organizer

  • 229
  • Member since:
    08-09-2012

View PostGinger_General, on 17 February 2017 - 02:40 PM, said:

Good to see another tournament coming up. Good job organising the last one!

 

As part of the runner's up team last time round I have to say the prize of 10 containers was rather, to put it politely, pants. Don't get me wrong it was incredibly satisfying to get to the final with the bracket the team I was a part of had but it was a bit of a slap in the face to open 10 containers getting 3 premium smokes / defensive AA and 3 liquidator signals in each. This is compared to last time round the teams getting premium ships. I'm saying this as constructive feedback for the next time as really when we're dealing with what's ultimately an e-currency and easily created by WG with a click, that was a terrible main prize for 2nd and 1st place.

 

For future tournaments it would be great to see the 1st and 2nd prizes something more like this:

1st;

Flag

100 FTW camouflages

30 days premium

5k doubloons/premium ship about to be released

 

2nd;

50 FTW camouflages

7 days premium

2.5k doubloons

 

That's also a bump in camouflages for 2nd as last time 3rd and 4th got 20 camouflages for the 25 that 2nd received. The added effort of being in the final just isn't equal to the change in prize pool.

I could totally understand you may think I'm being biased towards second place getting a boost but 1st has a greater boost in the prize.

 

Finally I'd just like to say I'm grateful for the containers but none of the consumables/signals were at all needed in my port.

 

We have a better than option than containers don't worry :)
Tora Tora Tora ~

Kamikazesushi #14 Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:03 PM

    Petty Officer

  • Players

  • 221
  • Member since:
    03-13-2015

View PostAtaw, on 17 February 2017 - 01:51 PM, said:

 

We have a better than option than containers don't worry:)

 

I Agree with Ginger on the prize pool thingy. The rewards in King of seas 1 were worse compared to Winter King.

 

Ataw, pls dont forget about teams on other places than 1st :look:



TobiAssho #15 Posted 17 February 2017 - 02:30 PM

    Able Seaman

  • Tournament Organizer

  • 70
  • Member since:
    03-01-2015

Thank you for your feedback about the prizes!

It helps us a lot to get constructive ideas what players want so please be vocal about it. Since we don’t pay for the prizes we don’t have the final word on it. Sponsoring prizes worth over 250.000 doubloons is not something WG gives out lightly and we are thankful to help us. Prizes are a subject we talk about every time we start organizing a new event.

 

March prizes will be better than the last ones, but we can still improve there. If we get a bigger prize pool in the future we will put a little more into the lower ranks than into the first place.


AAO open for new recruits: http://forum.worldof...now-recruiting/


Ginger_General #16 Posted 17 February 2017 - 08:59 PM

    Seaman

  • Players

  • 42
  • Member since:
    07-18-2015

The message was as much to WG as the organisers, glad to see you'll have the prizes sorted!

Albeit the tournament after we had two teams in the final.

 :medal:

Couldn't resist a little friendly banter!

 



Tyrendian89 #17 Posted 20 February 2017 - 12:05 PM

    Lieutenant

  • Players

  • 2,144
  • Member since:
    07-06-2015

View PostGinger_General, on 17 February 2017 - 09:59 PM, said:

The message was as much to WG as the organisers, glad to see you'll have the prizes sorted!

Albeit the tournament after we had two teams in the final.

 :medal:

Couldn't resist a little friendly banter!

 

 

well, the answer is obvious - just go and do it again! duh! :teethhappy:

Tora Tora Tora


_FTD_ #18 Posted 20 February 2017 - 11:46 PM

    Officer Cadet

  • Players

  • 878
  • Member since:
    06-19-2014

View PostTyrendian89, on 20 February 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

 

well, the answer is obvious - just go and do it again! duh! :teethhappy:

Didn't someone say that after the KotW tournament too? Heh.


[OMNI] 1st Place in the KotW + KotS 1 + KotS 2 tournament


TobiAssho #19 Posted 21 February 2017 - 09:51 AM

    Able Seaman

  • Tournament Organizer

  • 70
  • Member since:
    03-01-2015

Updated the signup link:

http://kotsmarch.hsc...igns.com/#rules


AAO open for new recruits: http://forum.worldof...now-recruiting/


TobiAssho #20 Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

    Able Seaman

  • Tournament Organizer

  • 70
  • Member since:
    03-01-2015

Updates:

- the last map: Loop

- rules

- prize pool:

 

     1st place: King of the Sea

o   Combat flag package (50 x each combat flag)

o   30 days Premium time

o   50 exclusive tournament camouflages

o   King of the Sea flag until the next King takes the crown

o   Restless Fire flag

·         2nd place: Close, but no cigar

o   Combat flag package (50 x each combat flag)

o   7 days Premium time

o   25 exclusive tournament camouflages

o   Restless Fire flag

·         3rd-4th place

o   7 days Premium time

o   25 exclusive tournament camouflages

o   Restless Fire flag

·         5th-8th place

o   10 exclusive tournament camouflages

o   Restless Fire flag

·         9th-16th place

o   5 exclusive tournament camouflages

o   Restless Fire flag

 


AAO open for new recruits: http://forum.worldof...now-recruiting/






Also tagged with KOTS, King, Cometitiv, Tournament, Contest, 9v9, T8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users