Your Questions to Developers [OLD]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1252 replies to this topic

Cpl_johan11 #21 Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:32 PM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

Yay the devs are back! Hoist the colours!!

Anyways, my question: The game will include,as smallest ships, destroyers. However, during the twenties and thirties,due to the limitations of the Washington treaty, the size of fleets was limited (destroyers too), wich caused nations such as Italy to build small destroyers, that officially were classified as torpedo boats,but were closer in size to DE's or DD's. Will these be considered for the game?

Mr_Mistery #22 Posted 09 April 2013 - 06:57 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 09 April 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

I think you don't get the point, the U.S.S Arizona and H.M.S Hood were both destroyed due to the Ammo Stores being Compromised, but at different points and by different munitions but their fates were quite similar.
Are you sure because I thought when you hit the ammunition storage and explodes as the ship pulls if you do not you will be igniting the fire spreading.
Hood exploded in the power We broke into two korbit eselteg do not think this is the USS Arizona?

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #23 Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:03 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

View PostMr_Mistery, on 09 April 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Are you sure because I thought when you hit the ammunition storage and explodes as the ship pulls if you do not you will be igniting the fire spreading.
Hood exploded in the power We broke into two korbit eselteg do not think this is the USS Arizona?
You need History and English lessons

Will the Tech Trees get both a Tier X Light Cruiser and Tier X Battlecruiser or just Battlecruisers?

A Light Cruiser is a Cruiser that sacrifices Armor for speed, a Battlecruiser is the opposite

“Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped.” 

King George V 2x4 1x2 14"/45 Mk VII = Tier 7 Battleship, King George V 3x3 15"/45 Mk II = Tier 8 Battleship

The only logical fan tree around!

Mr_Mistery #24 Posted 09 April 2013 - 07:48 PM

Warrant Officer

• Alpha Tester

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 09 April 2013 - 07:03 PM, said:

You need History and English lessons

Will the Tech Trees get both a Tier X Light Cruiser and Tier X Battlecruiser or just Battlecruisers?

A Light Cruiser is a Cruiser that sacrifices Armor for speed, a Battlecruiser is the opposite
you plant your son should ask a sense of history and imagine that you know I can not do that in the native language of the translator can not translate it because half of the English language is so poor.
but if you're an omniscient God superior to mine and what was already a traitor to the Cuban crisis, its causes and how it finally came to an end much all circumstances who were there and so on do not tell me much more of the history of Carthage Ox Germania and if these can accurately describe perhaps you know something but in the meantime please accept Additional information about others.
and certainly the ammunition storage explosion due to really sink in the rest of the Arizona bomb just opened the ship.
or so I'd rather you not specifically ask or say something.

Kabazabak #25 Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Seaman

• WG Staff

Here we go with the first round. Thank you everyone for your questions, you can find the answers below.

View Postphoenixkimi, on 08 April 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

is there any more detailed "date" when the alpha may open ?

will there be possibility to send on board planes for "scouting" ?

how will look like throttle ? will it be like in WoT that we have to hold all the time key? or like on real ships that we can just put 1/3 half og full ahead or half ahead, emergency astern etc etc ?

1. We are trying to avoid specific dates since we don't want to disappoint you but the alpha is currently planned for around Autumn this year.
2. Of course there will be scout-planes :)
3. A. Like on real ship. Player will set required speed by engine's telegraph.

View Postmr3awsome, on 08 April 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

wooo.
How many ships from the Japanese tree do you currently have rendered?

About 7. BB Fuso, Nagato, Yamato, CA Aoba, DD Kagero, CV Akagi, Zuikaku.

View PostJadg_astonb, on 08 April 2013 - 09:00 AM, said:

is WG going to add camo like they did in world of tanks and is there going to be a weather system that adds rain, thunder, big waves to make it reallistic.

Yes to the camo question and we are planning to have weather implemented but we currently don't know when.

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 08 April 2013 - 09:18 AM, said:

If weather is implemented will it affect Carrier operations in anyway?
What is the largest Calibre Anti-Air Gun currently ingame?
Will AA be set into fire groups?

1. Carriers won't be affected by weather
2. Technically – 460mm (Yamato main guns). Normally – 152mm universal guns.
3. Yes. But this is not noticeable - air defense is automatic.

View Postxelrah, on 08 April 2013 - 09:25 AM, said:

How effective will ramming ships of similiar size be, will it be efficent strategy in some cases or will it cause severe damage to both ships?
What is planned typical view distance of a ship without assistance from other sources?

Ramming will cause severe damage to both ships. As in reality. :glasses:
And view distance will be like in reality – 11-12 sea miles (clear weather conditions).

View PostSmederevac94, on 08 April 2013 - 12:58 PM, said:

Hi Kabazabak and welcome to the forum
1.Can you tell us something about yourself Kabazabak?
2.I know that USS Arizona (BB-39) will be in the game, can you tell us what tier will be that ship?
3.Whether we will have on higher or beter ships AA guns (Bofors 40mm) on their turret?
4.Are we going to have this on our ships? (for example: how many ships we are sunk or how many planes we shot down...etc.)
In the middle right corner
5.Whether the Battleships have recon planes, if yes how much?

1. I am the EU Producer for World of Warships from our office in Paris. My job is it to work closely together with everyone in our St. Petersburg office and make sure that the game will be successful in Europe.
2. We are currently aiming to have it around Tier 6
3. Yes
4. Of course you will have killmarkings on your ships. :)
5. Yes, from 1 to 7.

View PostEntombet, on 09 April 2013 - 05:49 AM, said:

Ok my question, as carrier captain can you give your plane squadrons specific orders how to attack enemy ships, for example ordering my planes to make torpedo runs from multiple directions which could make avoiding them harder?.

Yep, we have this option planned.

View Postgeneral_B, on 09 April 2013 - 06:48 AM, said:

What parts of a ship can be upgraded by the player? (for example: turrets, guns, loadingmechanism, radar, radio, engines??)
and how will the costs be? in WoT a T10 tank costs 6 mil credits, will the ship costs be the same? (i guess not, but just asking)

All of what you've mentioned can be upgraded. But often only simultaneously (in presets). Guns, engines, planes can be upgraded like in WoT.

And economics is still in development. Hard to say anything definite.

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 09 April 2013 - 10:14 AM, said:

Will it possible to destroy an enemy battleship in the same manner as the U.S.S. Arizona was destroyed?
The Arizona was destroyed when a bomb penetrated the deck and detonating the powder stores under Turret 1, the explosive pressure was then diverted upwards when it hit the front bulwark causing a large explosion in front of it's turret one which then triggered a secondary explosion in the ships Ammo.
A similar incident happened also with the H.M.S. Hood

Yes. A lucky shot could detonate the ammo storage and destroy the ship.

View PostCpl_johan11, on 09 April 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

Anyways, my question: The game will include,as smallest ships, destroyers. However, during the twenties and thirties,due to the limitations of the Washington treaty, the size of fleets was limited (destroyers too), wich caused nations such as Italy to build small destroyers, that officially were classified as torpedo boats,but were closer in size to DE's or DD's. Will these be considered for the game?

We are considering that - yes. Whether the ships will be in the game - not clear right now.

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #26 Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:47 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

The Last 2 don't make sense

“Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped.” 

King George V 2x4 1x2 14"/45 Mk VII = Tier 7 Battleship, King George V 3x3 15"/45 Mk II = Tier 8 Battleship

Smederevac94 #27 Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:53 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 10 April 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

Hi made a mistake I see, he will fix it...

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #28 Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:54 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

View PostSmederevac94, on 10 April 2013 - 01:53 PM, said:

Hi made a mistake I see, he will fix it...
I know, but it's always fun to point out  :great:

Smederevac94 #29 Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:04 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 10 April 2013 - 01:54 PM, said:

I know, but it's always fun to point out  :great:
Yea!

Kabazabak #30 Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:05 PM

Seaman

• WG Staff

View PostPichu_Trainer, on 10 April 2013 - 01:47 PM, said:

Fixed, sorry. :)

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #31 Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:19 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

Will carriers also be able to launch Scout Aircraft?

Just three examples of Carrier Borne Scouts
Mitsubishi 2MR 1923 carrier reconnaissance aircraft (Type 10 Carrier Reconnaissance Aircraft)
Nakajima C6N 彩雲 "Saiun" Myrt 1943 Navy reconnaissance plane
Yokosuka R2Y 景雲 "Keiun" 1945 reconnaissance - 1 Prototype developed but destroyed in US Airaid 2 days after it's test flight.

Edited by Pichu_Trainer, 10 April 2013 - 02:30 PM.

Smederevac94 #32 Posted 10 April 2013 - 02:59 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

View PostKabazabak, on 10 April 2013 - 02:05 PM, said:

Fixed, sorry. :)
NP.

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #33 Posted 10 April 2013 - 03:24 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

Will the ship icons be similar to this? Hehe
Posted Image

mr3awsome #34 Posted 10 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

1) Will carrier be able to launch fighters (e.g. the Littorio's had the ability to launch 3 Re 2001s.)
2) how many ships from the US tree do you have rendered?

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #35 Posted 10 April 2013 - 05:06 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

At what tier would we be seeing these two Aircraft Carriers at?
Spoiler                     

Edited by Pichu_Trainer, 10 April 2013 - 09:16 PM.

Schmul66 #36 Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:07 PM

Seaman

• Players

I hope the right one won't appears in game !! Jet planes against WWII era ships... :ohmy::hiding:  

Questions :
Will the aircraft carrier tree will begin from tier 2 for all nations planned (as artillery in Wot)?
will all nations will have a tier 10 aircraft carrier?

Will there be a delay when launching aircrafts from AC (like irl, you wait for one to take off then another one takes off etc...) and will it be possible to manage 1 aircraft or only a squadron (and if so do we define the number of planes in each squadron or is it preset?)?

Thanks a lot  :honoring:

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #37 Posted 11 April 2013 - 02:18 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

View PostSchmul66, on 11 April 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

I hope the right one won't appears in game !! Jet planes against WWII era ships... :ohmy::hiding:  
Already been said that there won't be any jet planes in World of Warships
Questions :
will all nations will have a tier 10 aircraft carrier?
Already Answered, there will be Tier 10 Aircraft Carriers
What would the Pros and cons be of each ship class? (assuming that these would be the ship classes in-game)
BB
CV
CVE
CA
CL
DD
DE

Edited by Pichu_Trainer, 11 April 2013 - 02:48 PM.

Gigaton #38 Posted 11 April 2013 - 04:32 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

View PostKabazabak, on 10 April 2013 - 01:17 PM, said:

And view distance will be like in reality – 11-12 sea miles (clear weather conditions).

I feel those distances would be on low side. For example, at the battle of Denmark Strait the distance at which the opponents spotted eachother was more like 16-17nm. Going by ranges in Bonomi's account of the battle and by Prinz Eugen's war diary, Hood's bow wave seems to have been observable from Eugen at around 15nm. This illustrates that despite the waterline being masked by horizon at these extreme distances good portions of large ship could still be visible, particularily from high observation spot (such as gunnery director and main rangefinder on modern battleship).

But from what I gather from this, the plan is that ships would need to use air spotting at greater ranges than 11-12nm? I guess the advantages that air spotting brings to optically directed gunnery might be tricky to model otherwise ingame. Does radar change this at all, as radar was preferable over aircraft for spotting both deflection and range (that is, there isn't much air spotting can provide if you already have a good gunnery radar)?

Smederevac94 #39 Posted 11 April 2013 - 05:42 PM

Commander

• Alpha Tester

1.How much premium ships you gonna finish by the beginning of aplha, I know for one is there another ships?

2.We know that the battleships,battlecruisers,heavy and light cruisers and some destyoyers will have recon planes, can we put some bombs on recon planes (250kg or 500kg) and can we upgrading recon planes?

3.Whether we see these ships in the game and that they are not premiums?
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://www.fyjs.cn/b...e12e615bf94.jpg

4.Whether is USS Montana (BB-67) completed and whether we will soon see some pictures of that ships?

5.Will we soon see a new WoWs trailer?

Edited by Smederevac94, 11 April 2013 - 05:43 PM.

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #40 Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:40 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

Will the maps in WoWS have areas that can only be traversed by Destroyers such as Rivers coming from islands and Atoll lagoons?

Edited by Pichu_Trainer, 11 April 2013 - 06:41 PM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users