Signatures make for interesting reading

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

HotshotJimmy #1 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:07 AM

Leading Rate

• Players

So before Christmas and even during early Christmas (23-25 dec) I was having a hoot of a time in game. Blasting holes in ships and winning with the Minotaur like it was going out of fashion. Now however, it's all got a bit grim. Now I made the mistake of getting into the whole "stats" thing and then I noticed they do a signature piece. Great! I thought. But interestingly enough it doesn't seem to just be me finding it difficult to keep afloat these past couple of weeks. I thought the matches would go back to normal and I'd start being good again. But it's not really happening for me haha. So aside from my terrible ability why is everyones stats taking a dive this new year?

Much love,

Hj

"Picard had Shinzon. My Nemesis is a well experienced Des Moines ship..."

Nethraniel #2 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:23 AM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

For me just a dent in the performance over the past week, because I was playing tonks in between and need to readjust.

However, I had slightly worse teams on some days... I blame that on the holidays, but these are over now.

Ships in Port - 82

Erie, Sampson, Chester, Albany, Wickes, St. Louis, South Carolina, Clemson, Phoenix, Wyoming, Arkansas Beta, Nicholas, Omaha, New York, Farragut, Cleveland, Mahan, Atlanta, Indianapolis, Hashidate, Umikaze, Chikuma, Wakatake, Tenryu, Kawachi, Isokaze, Kuma, Yubari, Myogi, Minekaze, Mutsuki, Kamikaze R, Furutaka, Kongo, Fubuki, Hatsuharu, Aoba, Fuso, Akatsuki, Shiratsuyu, Myoko, Kagero, Mogami, Yugumo, Shimakaze, Orlan, Storozhevoi, Novik, Diana, Derzki, Bogatyr, Izyaslav, Svietlana, Gremyashchy, Gnevny, Kirov, Ognevoi, Budyonny, Leningrad, Hermelin, V-25, Dresden, Emden, G-101, Kolberg, Nassau, V-170, Karlsruhe, Kaiser, Königsberg, Nürnberg, Graf Spee, Scharnhorst, Black Swan, Weymouth, Caledon, Danae, Emerald, Leander, Blyskawica, Anshan, Dunkerque

Seraphinea #3 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:27 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

View PostHotshotJimmy, on 12 January 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

So before Christmas and even during early Christmas (23-25 dec) I was having a hoot of a time in game. Blasting holes in ships and winning with the Minotaur like it was going out of fashion. Now however, it's all got a bit grim. Now I made the mistake of getting into the whole "stats" thing and then I noticed they do a signature piece. Great! I thought. But interestingly enough it doesn't seem to just be me finding it difficult to keep afloat these past couple of weeks. I thought the matches would go back to normal and I'd start being good again. But it's not really happening for me haha. So aside from my terrible ability why is everyones stats taking a dive this new year?

Much love,

Hj

I don't advertise my stats, since I don't see the point. I'm average, and I don't personally have a problem with that. I don't have a lot of battles on this account either, so the numbers jump or dip quite fast, I was at 57% win rate before the Christmas, and am now at, last time I checked, 52%, with both my average damage taking a dip. True, I find myself playing less now, but most of my games nowadays are losses, or really hard games where few people play for the team and someone needs to carry, which I'm not the best person for, and I try my best to play for the team, objectives, defending, capping, scouting etc, which also lowers my k/d ratio and damage.

Seems I'm either unlucky to always get the pudding players on my side, or MM really seems to hate my guts -- or I miraculously forgot how to play and turned completely potato.

At the end, I figured it doesn't matter, and don't let it bother me. However, I see other people being bothered by it. It's definitely not only you and me, though.

SteDorff #4 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:28 AM

Leading Rate

• Players

Mine is kindah Orangy but hey that is a happy color last 60 days is ok for me you can do 120k damage and lose and I had a battle where I was the first to get sunk and it was a victory. I have seen sure victories turn in to losses and teams that went chasing the CV on the other side of the map but in the end won. Then there is those missions where I had to chase Russ ships and did not really contribute to the main part of what we are supposed to do and still its about 45- 48 win but your other stats go down (like damage delt etc.) for over 150 battles. 

Edited by SteDorff, 12 January 2017 - 08:32 AM.

Teob_VG #5 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:55 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

Had a bit of a slump but it wasn't massive. I would just chalk it up to normal variation almost.

However I did recently get my first solo warrior medal so that made any other issues not matter. :izmena:

Tora Tora Tora!

Synth_FG #6 Posted 12 January 2017 - 08:56 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

Win rates definatly taken a dive over the past few weeks, 

I'm seeing lots more battles in which large chunks of my team dissolve in the first few mins without doing much damage to the enemy, 

also many battles in which my sides dd's appear to be allergic to the cap zones and don't even challenge for them at the start of the battle 

Its' hard to do much damage or improve other stats when continually surrounded by muppets 

Edited by Synth_FG, 12 January 2017 - 08:58 AM.

Tugnut #7 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:01 AM

Midshipman

• Supertester

View PostHotshotJimmy, on 12 January 2017 - 08:07 AM, said:

Much love,

Hj

When slumps happen like this you may see the ole WR take a dip, but you may see other stats rise like Average damage and or kill rate go up.  

walter3kurtz #8 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:06 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

It's just randomness and the usual streaks of bad or good games. It's the human brain that searches for patterns - even when it knows they can't be there.

You lost 42% of your last 35 games (this happens to every player regardless of average).

RethyI #9 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:11 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

WR wise i do ok, because most of the time i play with a friend and div up, sure we cannot carry all the games so we lose as well. But i've noticed that my overall performance took a bad turn, i am mostly a DD player, and i do some stupid mistakes like no other. Get exposed, get hit by that one torp, stuff like that. Some games are good for kills, some are good for damage and caps 'n stuff, other games i end up dead in the first 5 minutes doing 1,5 k damage. And those games frustrate me, it's like i play but don't improve. But in these cases i just take a break a day or two. Now i am going to grind for the Convoy missions just to get the most out of it. 

Relax, have a good time and try to focus. It will get better. 

Hedgehog1963 #10 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:11 AM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

My stats are on the up.  I've gone up well over a % point since the RN cruisers came out.  I've gone from sub 50% to nearly 51% in no time.
Everyone is a geek for something...

MercFHire #11 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:24 AM

Leading Rate

• Players

We probably won't see things return to normal until the Graf Spee mission and Convoy missions are done with, nothing like a free ship to bring muppets out of the woodwork.

RethyI #12 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:33 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

View PostMercFHire, on 12 January 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

We probably won't see things return to normal until the Graf Spee mission and Convoy missions are done with, nothing like a free ship to bring muppets out of the woodwork.

Well that's mostly fine i guess. Even if there are many potatoes in the game, you can always div up with decent players and have fun. But what matters the most is YOUR performance in the games, i am not saying that we can carry all the games, but at least make our contributions noteworthy. 

ColonelPete #13 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:46 AM

Admiral

• Players

My stats do not take a dive.

walter3kurtz #14 Posted 12 January 2017 - 09:49 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

View PostMercFHire, on 12 January 2017 - 09:24 AM, said:

It's impossible for everyone to have bad games because of muppets, because the other team will win (and kill many muppets in the process because they are, after all, muppets).

So you're bound to have some easy games racking up kills if it's true that there is an abnormal amount of inexperienced players in the game (which I don't really believe to begin with but ok).

MercFHire #15 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:01 AM

Leading Rate

• Players

View PostRethyI, on 12 January 2017 - 09:33 AM, said:

Well that's mostly fine i guess. Even if there are many potatoes in the game, you can always div up with decent players and have fun. But what matters the most is YOUR performance in the games, i am not saying that we can carry all the games, but at least make our contributions noteworthy. 

Yah that's how I see it as well.  even if we lose from time to time, as long as I have dealt a decent amount of damage i'm usually happy enough.  But with the current teams it can be difficult, either the enemy dies so quickly you can't get the opportunity to deal damage in every game or your team is crushed.  The nice even, drawn out battles seem to be a rarity at the moment.

Trad9 #16 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:25 AM

Seaman

• Players

Yeah, even despite average dmg and exp are on the rise - wr took a slight dive. Thinking about looking for or creating mod that will display players warships.today or any other rating in game so it will be possible to track balancing. Because recently it was especially harsh

WinningSpike010 #17 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:48 AM

Leading Rate

• Players

I had many good (sometimes VERY good) sessions in the most recent days instead.

Anyway, even if WG will never tell you that, everyone who played some battles knows three things now:

1- the battles ALMOST NEVER are balanced (in fact most of them end with one team having either all or almost all ships erased or score zeroed), i.e the server builds up a made-for-to-lose team and a made-for-to-win one,

2- the server REMEMBERS your most recent battles' outcomes and MM uses them to identify either "good" and "bad" (temporary) players for building one or another team up as above,

3- the MM trends to provide "RANDOM" outcomes (but it CAN'T actually does that because of not taking in account the players' OVERALL stats)  i.e. to put the "average" players one battle in the good team and another in the bad one to achieve the 50% WR's trend.

Anyway there are a lot of factors that could affect the above trend turning into positive or negative.

Too long to explain what they are and how works just now (sooner o later I will make a how-to-beat-the-MM tutorial ;)  ).

However the goal every game session is forcing MM to identify you as a "good" player so you can play mainly into the good team for the (hopefully) whole session.

The advices I can give at the moment are:

A) Try to use ships with a good SWR (=ship's WR), mainly at every game session start so MM can identify you as "good" player.

B) Try to do everything you can to help your team to WIN THE BATTLE: winners are more eligible to be identified as "good" players.

C) Try to achieve the most XP you can in each battle, dealing dmg and doing other requested performances in either losing or winning team: a good performance (and a bad one in opposite too) helps to allow the MM identifying you as "good" player and could even turns the ongoing trend.

D) THE MOST IMPORTANT thing to avoid of starting endless losing rows is to quit the game and restart a new session when you get lose 2 battles (max 3) in a row even if played using two different ships but ABSOLUTELY if played by the SAME ship.

However remember that sometimes you won't be able to turn a negative trend everything you do.

In this case better STOP PLAYING completely for the whole day. 

Sometimes you could have also a ship with bad own stats so you will get lose every battle you play using her, even in different days or even weeks.

In this case you have to STOP USING her even for some weeks before you can play her again safely.

RobS80 #18 Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:52 AM

Warrant Officer

• Weekend Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostWinningSpike010, on 12 January 2017 - 11:48 AM, said:

Snip

Wow, confirmation bias and dunnings kruger all in one place!

FYI the server does not remember your win rate or in any way use it to influence MM. And you dont want it to.

Eviscerador #19 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:04 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Weekend Tester

I've been having a nice losing streak lately, but I'm not worried because my performance is the same. It is just a bad luck streak (a good chunk of losses were close ones)

Also, I'm starting two new lines, and as such, grinding the first hulls is always a pain.

MeTaLMooSe #20 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:14 PM

Petty Officer

• Players

I display stats so anyone reading can take my questions/advice for what it is. Long term stats so I can see my av dmg/battle count rise and short term for my recent performances depending upon grind.

Santa's convoy and Graf Spee missions were ok'ish but I'm working in a timezone that means I play at the after school or graveyard shift hours. That's making a huge difference for me.

I like seeing stats though. Makes me pay attention to someone else's superior advice or bull sh!t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users