Where are the Christmas convoy missions?

• Please log in to reply
2428 replies to this topic

Nishizumi77 #1381 Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:32 PM

Leading Rate

• Weekend Tester

Just another video to attach to the report uploaded today.

Edited by Nishizumi77, 27 December 2016 - 04:33 PM.

Rippthrough #1382 Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:37 PM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

View PostAdmiral_noodle, on 27 December 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

Stopping playing my favourite game just hurts me and not WG. If you are truly upset at what the sales team at WG EU have done the most obvious thing to do (because they won't look at numbers playing, they will blame devs for that) is don't pay WG. Lots of players playing but not spending - great game bad marketing. After all the game is free to play. 

Stopping playing hurts them just as much as stopping paying, because on a F2P game, you are the main part of the content - you're the one the whales paying silly money get to shoot at. If you're not there....

Edited by Rippthrough, 27 December 2016 - 04:39 PM.

CruleD #1383 Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:50 PM

Petty Officer

• Players

View PostRippthrough, on 27 December 2016 - 04:37 PM, said:

Stopping playing hurts them just as much as stopping paying, because on a F2P game, you are the main part of the content - you're the one the whales paying silly money get to shoot at. If you're not there....

...it is WoPs all over again.

BEWARE:

ALL INSULTS are copyrighted by WG(EU). If you use them you might get copyright claim in your mailbox, be careful.

wongman66 #1384 Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:51 PM

Leading Rate

• Beta Tester

View PostAkula971, on 27 December 2016 - 03:00 PM, said:

This is what will happen. WG EU manager will make a report to head office on how good sales were. It will be a footnote that a small section of the community complained. It will be proposed that some new premiums will be announced or teasers for new ship lines discussed, just as they did on Facebook with HMS Daring earlier this year.  This will distract the vocal minority. A subset of the report will mention the player churn ratios. An email congratulating the EU team on excellent sales performance will be sent back. Bonuses will be paid, backs will be patted. Money will be made.

More WG EU shill forum accounts, and youtubers will be created. Existing Wargaming shills will be rewarded with all expenses paid trips to events and museums to garner the game ever more publicity.

You dear reader just don't matter as an individual in all this.

Considering WG orgins from former oparts of the USSR, it is no surprise they still adhere to the old Soviet practices of very tigtht "command & control" over everything and in support was propaganda to make things look "better" than reality. And Akula971's example is very simialr to the Soviet tractor production stats were reported. In the long run what happened to the Soviets/USSR it failed miserably and collapsed, will this be a foretaste of what ultimately happens to WG?

And the WGEU need to grow a backbone and think about the "I am only following orders..." defense is adequate. We only have "internet" flames & pitchforks not a rope for the long drop a la Nurmeberg.

svadilfari #1385 Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:55 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Players

i don´t for a second believe that the EU execs get ordered to screw us over every turn by the evil russian HQ. it´s just a part of their general incompetence besides bad communication, lacking news on the homepage etc.

nekomatafuyu #1386 Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:55 PM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

View PostKamataron, on 27 December 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

I wanted to buy Graf Spee Ultimate bundle (wanted to make myself chrismas present) -  nice amount of in game currency (was planning to buy some T10 permium camos), extra camo for ship.. nice. Then i remind myself there was something mentioned about challenging campagin with should be introduce with new patch.

Started looking on other sides and... when i saw what is avalible for Graf Spee owners i've decided to buy only standard package (i guess will be comensated with dublons where Hunt for Graf Spee campagin will be finished).

I love ships and WoWs is amazing game.

But i got a feeling that european community is beeing threated like second sort of peoples. Such a things should never take a place..

No doubloons for you, just credits. In other words, you've just been screwed.

I like big boats, and I cannot lie...

bushwacker001 #1387 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

Midshipman

• Players

View PostChiledip, on 27 December 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

This is the last thing I am going to say to you,you are derailing this thread with your utter stupidity. You want to compare apples with rocks, that is not an analogy. They are not definitions that a marketing company uses to sell it's product! It has no product, they offer a service like WG do. They are definitions of the difference between a product and a service in the IT market. I spent 12 years as a sales director in the same industry and it happens to be the same industry as WG are in, so you might think that I might know a thing or 2.

I have no interest whatsoever with discussing anything more with you, you can't read, you can't write, you lack basic comprehension and morality. Blocking you now so that you don't derail things any more than you already have!

That's it, block and ignore anyone with a valid arguement or a different point of view. It was a decent, difference of opinion discussion between you and drach for a bit but after a while you couldn't convince him that you were right so 'block'....pathetic

Edited by bushwacker001, 27 December 2016 - 05:03 PM.

Devantejah - "But smoke makes me invisible, doesn't that mean I'm not there?"

moomoo2 - "Tell you what, light a cigar, take a draw, exhale a big puff of smoke, while that lingers ask someone to punch you in the face.

The result is your answer."

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/70428-carriers-players-rigging-battles/page__st__40__p__1540177#entry1540177

SilentOne360 #1388 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:08 PM

Seaman

• Players

View Postbushwacker001, on 27 December 2016 - 06:02 PM, said:

That's it, block and ignore anyone with a valid arguement or a different point of view. It was a decent, difference of opinion discussion between you and drach for a bit but after a while you couldn't convince him that you were right so 'block'....pathetic

Oh, a troll, defending another troll, is that love i see here.

bushwacker001 #1389 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:09 PM

Midshipman

• Players

View PostSilentOne360, on 27 December 2016 - 05:08 PM, said:

Oh, a troll, defending another troll, is that love i see here.

Why is anyone that doesn't agree with your point of view a troll? 

Devantejah - "But smoke makes me invisible, doesn't that mean I'm not there?"

moomoo2 - "Tell you what, light a cigar, take a draw, exhale a big puff of smoke, while that lingers ask someone to punch you in the face.

The result is your answer."

http://forum.worldofwarships.eu/index.php?/topic/70428-carriers-players-rigging-battles/page__st__40__p__1540177#entry1540177

DracheimFlug #1390 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:09 PM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

View Postnekomatafuyu, on 27 December 2016 - 08:55 AM, said:

No doubloons for you, just credits. In other words, you've just been screwed.

That is among the changes I really don't like... :(

AmashPrevails #1391 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:11 PM

Petty Officer

• Players

View Postsvadilfari, on 27 December 2016 - 04:55 PM, said:

i don´t for a second believe that the EU execs get ordered to screw us over every turn by the evil russian HQ. it´s just a part of their general incompetence besides bad communication, lacking news on the homepage etc.

It is not incompetence, it is very planned and thought off

Why would we give them something for free when they will buy that???

Morgan_Gorgoroth #1392 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:20 PM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

View PostT0byJug, on 26 December 2016 - 09:38 PM, said:

This is Tuccy not passing the blame.... Tuccy was brave to even make a response. and he completely Cocked it up....

He would've been brave if he just told us what happened and that there will no missions for us. Lying and insulting the players does make him other things in my opinion. Thing I'll no say in this thread since I just got off my 3day ban for a signature some ppl are still using...

View PostRacound, on 27 December 2016 - 12:30 AM, said:

As expected, the Community Managers had no clue about what was going on and the management of WG EU just decided to place money above customer satisfaction.

Isn't it kinda sad if a CM doesn't know anything his company does and is then surprised by the reaction of the players? I mean... doesn't that somehow mean he failed his job at both ends?

View Posthjsteg, on 27 December 2016 - 01:03 PM, said:

EU could just roll our the same update the other servers get now. And give us the Christmas convoys. It is still time. As long as there is no Christmas convoy missions, there are literary *NO* reason to buy the Graf Spee. If we were to have the missions the other server has, that would have been a *huge* incentive to buy the GS, even in the supreme package. And use the extra doubloons towards the Prinz Eugen. As it is now, I have no intention of spending much money on WoWS. Pehaps the odd santa gift, but not much more.

View PostDracheimFlug, on 27 December 2016 - 02:23 PM, said:

While that is true, there is also a reality that expectations can at times be unrealistic. Each server has its own demographics, has different tax laws to deal with, and heck, they might just want to change things up. All things are not equal, and unless you are in favor of full globalization, you likely think that is a good thing... until you see an example against your favor of course. Thing is I've seen exactly the same complaint about not being treated equally on the NA boards. 

Demographics, tax laws and so on are responsible for different prices on the same products in WoWs. They are not necessary responsible for different content.

View PostDracheimFlug, on 27 December 2016 - 03:35 PM, said:

This is not a given. Customers are already 'rewarded' by way of having the product to enjoy. If you buy a meal at a restaurant, you don't normally expect desert to be free.

No, but if I buy a happy meal at a "restaurant" - and I'm very ok with different prices because of demographics and so on - I expect them to put actually the same things in a happy meal than elsewhere and not give me a tablet and an empty box.

With 0.6.0 we now have skills that let us know:

• - when we're detected,
  • - how we're detected,
  • - how many people are looking at us,
  • - when long range shells are heading our way,
  • - when a ship is close by and which way it's heading.

bigbramble #1393 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:29 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

Morgan_Gorgoroth, I love your signature. I have stolen it! Thanks!

Ph3lan #1394 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:34 PM

Community Manager

• WG Staff
  • Community
    Alpha Tester
    Beta Tester

• Manager

Hey Guys!

We have an update for you about the Christmas Convoy situation:

“We considered this experimental double-campaign approach used in other regions and saw flaws in it. The double-campaign system does not cater to our audience in the usual manner we prepare offers. It was experimental and as we were not convinced it would work with benefit for the general audience, we decided to opt out of this part of the End of Year activities.

We knew that the Graf Spee itself would be a really important element to our players. That is why keeping this part of the event was an obvious choice. We also knew that many players would want to get their hands on special vanity items. Problems started here. The structure of the campaign combined with its time limitation did not, in our opinion, provided anyone except top payers, the option to get the items without major time commitment. This is not something we wanted nor felt right to ask of our players in the holiday period, when a big part of our loyal player base does not want to struggle between the game and family needs.

Seeing that some people would however like to get their hands on limited-edition content without the sacrifice of time spent with friends and family, we added all the camouflages for individual purchase, disconnected from bundles. This allowed anyone to cherry-pick the one or two items they are interested in fairly cheaply, without investing a huge amount of time for the campaigns or buying the Graf Spee which they may potentially not be interested in buying in the first place.

We understand that this choice has raised concerned through the community and are deeply saddened that this overshadowed so many of the other activities hosted for your entertainment during the Christmas / End of Year period.

We are currently looking into various options regarding the Christmas Convoy campaign, but even if we decide to take action in the following days, neither of them will have an immediate effect. Any event planning on this scale requires a meticulous analysis of the current situation. We learn from community feedback, as well as our mistakes, and we hope to bring you great events in the future and that we’ll manage to make you enjoy the End of Year activities regardless of this issue. The future events will be the core of our concern and that is what we are most working towards right now.”

bigbramble #1395 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:37 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

View PostPh3lan, on 27 December 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

Hey Guys!

“We considered this experimental double-campaign approach used in other regions and saw flaws in it. The double-campaign system does not cater to our audience in the usual manner we prepare offers. It was experimental and as we were not convinced it would work with benefit for the general audience, we decided to opt out of this part of the End of Year activities.

We knew that the Graf Spee itself would be a really important element to our players. That is why keeping this part of the event was an obvious choice. We also knew that many players would want to get their hands on special vanity items. Problems started here. The structure of the campaign combined with its time limitation did not, in our opinion, provided anyone except top payers, the option to get the items without major time commitment. This is not something we wanted nor felt right to ask of our players in the holiday period, when a big part of our loyal player base does not want to struggle between the game and family needs.

Seeing that some people would however like to get their hands on limited-edition content without the sacrifice of time spent with friends and family, we added all the camouflages for individual purchase, disconnected from bundles. This allowed anyone to cherry-pick the one or two items they are interested in fairly cheaply, without investing a huge amount of time for the campaigns or buying the Graf Spee which they may potentially not be interested in buying in the first place.

We understand that this choice has raised concerned through the community and are deeply saddened that this overshadowed so many of the other activities hosted for your entertainment during the Christmas / End of Year period.

We are currently looking into various options regarding the Christmas Convoy campaign, but even if we decide to take action in the following days, neither of them will have an immediate effect. Any event planning on this scale requires a meticulous analysis of the current situation. We learn from community feedback, as well as our mistakes, and we hope to bring you great events in the future and that we’ll manage to make you enjoy the End of Year activities regardless of this issue. The future events will be the core of our concern and that is what we are most working towards right now.”

[edited]

Edited by RogDodgeUK, 02 January 2017 - 06:33 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

Cosseria #1396 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:38 PM

Warrant Officer

• Players

Maybe WG thought that giving us the mission would have made it unnecessary to convert free XP in order to reach some of those T 6 ships, thus leading to fewer doubloons being purchased. As we are the biggest server, the loss would have been greater than in other regions.

That's the only logical explanation I could find. Basically, we're getting screwed for being too much and too loyal to the company, if this is the actual reasoning behind this screwup.

Oh well, no problem. It just makes it so much easier to spend less time in game and to buy less content, a thing I had to do because of RL constraints. Thank you WG for making yourself unpopular to me at just the right time! And there are people saying that you don't care about your customers!

Smeggo #1397 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:40 PM

Midshipman

• Players

:fishpalm:

Check out my little submarine-browser-game: http://uboot-sim.com:great:

Looking for other coop-players to div? Join the channel "Coop & PVE  - Free for all" 

CruleD #1398 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:41 PM

Petty Officer

• Players

Hey Guys!

Oh look, more [edited].

If you though of us soooo much, why didn't you just add it to shop (WITHOUT removing it)???

And what did you learn this time? You obviously learned nothing from previous 10 [edited]

Edit : Also, if that our family time is so precious to you, you could have easily extended the ending period for campaign.

Or you know, you could have made a poll and askew wtf do we think.

Edited by RogDodgeUK, 02 January 2017 - 06:37 PM.
This post has been edited by a member of the Moderation Team, due to forum rules violation. RogDodgeUK

BEWARE:

ALL INSULTS are copyrighted by WG(EU). If you use them you might get copyright claim in your mailbox, be careful.

CuddlyPanda #1399 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:42 PM

Petty Officer

• Players

View PostPh3lan, on 27 December 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

Hey Guys!

[edited]

*edit: Feel free to give me a warning. It had to be said.

Edited by RogDodgeUK, 02 January 2017 - 06:37 PM.

Tachibana | Shinonome | Akizuki | Clemson | Benson | Gearing | Izyslav | Okhotnik | Khabarovsk | Z-23 | Blyskawica | Tenryu | Atago | Zao | Cleveland | Indianapolis | Murmansk | Dmitri Donskoi | Graf Spee | Roon | Black Swan | Leander | Belfast | Minotaur | Ishizuchi |                                                                                                                                             Yamato | North Carolina | Missouri | Konig | Scharnhorst | Tirpitz | Bismarck | Warspite | Dunkerque 

Myrmix #1400 Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:43 PM

Warrant Officer

• Players

So you guys thought that you could just overrule a decision all other servers agreed on and be able to pay for content on our server...and it was good?

Seriously, what are the job requirements for management-positions in EU? Absolute lack of commen sense and community-thinking?

You even tried to bury the first threads and comments about this topic, so the fault is also on your community-staff, Ph3lan. This isn't something you just can't hope beeing forgiven.

You will leave a really upset playerbase.

Miracles still happen:

Keep communicating!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users