Questions of the Community

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

Cynd3r #21 Posted 05 December 2016 - 12:42 PM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff

Hi all,

Questions have been collected, I'll post the answers as soon as I get them.

twitterqxkfa.pngfacebook65yzk.pngyoutube1nk0c.png

TheCinC #22 Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:21 AM

Officer Cadet

• Beta Tester

View PostBlack_Baron_MC, on 23 December 2016 - 09:43 PM, said:

Why don't all servers get same missions? Wouldn't that be easier for WG? Or are we on EU that much better that we need so much harder missions?

It would be much easier. A video was just posted that shows the EU game client is different from the NA client, just to disable the missions and challenges they have. So they had to put a bit of effort in to do that, to remove content, probably the whole convoy thing.

Current status: disappointed. We don't need no RPF/Radio Location!

Make WoWs great again! Add your own suggestions, or read and vote, here.:izmena:

Want to know how you can help your team to achieve victory? Or do you think you already know how to help your team to achieve victory? Click here for tips & tricks, or to add your own!

fodder89 #23 Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:48 PM

Able Seaman

• Players

Will you ever answer ?

it is like 1,5 month already with no answer!

pull yourself together team ;/

JanusBacchus #24 Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:13 PM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

View PostCynd3r, on 05 December 2016 - 02:42 PM, said:

Hi all,

Yeah, I'd say that they do have something to improve in their communication. It looks like somewhere either all those questions or all those answers have been lost. But hey, it's not even a whole month since the questions have been collected. I mean, what's the rush?

Bellegar #25 Posted 04 January 2017 - 10:44 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

View PostJanusBacchus, on 04 January 2017 - 12:13 AM, said:

Yeah, I'd say that they do have something to improve in their communication. It looks like somewhere either all those questions or all those answers have been lost. But hey, it's not even a whole month since the questions have been collected. I mean, what's the rush?

It's much much worse than a single month. I am still waiting on an answer to a question I asked on September 27th.

Block Quote

View PostBellegar, on 27 September 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

Sorry, you missed the point. The point is different bonuses (boni?) for different servers for exactly the same event. For example the birthday event where the EU version was "Tier 4-10: Win 15 random/team/ranked battles, get 1 day premium, 5x Type 6 camo, 10x ESCL-flags" while the RU version was "Tier 1-10, play one random battle: receive 1 day premium, 10 sets of camouflage type 6, 10 signals Equal Speed ​​Charlie London"

So why is this? Judging by the answer above, the WOWS birthday is more important in RU than in EU?

Note this was just an example, so the actual question I want to ask is this: Why do different servers get different (in-game) rewards/bonuses for the exact same event/important day?

Edited to make it an actual question :hiding:

Currently these kind of events and the rewards are usually planned by staff in the various regions to cater to their specific audience. While we try to keep things similar, this simply will not always be the case

After that useless answer I asked them why they think we want less rewards for the same event or harder missions than other servers. They refuse to give a proper anwer to that question.

They even do a little censoring. At one time I asked why they don't answer and Conway replied that the question would be answered in "next week's batch". That post by Conway has disappeared mysteriously though..... very strange indeed.......

I'm still waiting for a proper answer Conway! :angry:

This is EU server, where players are treated like dogsh*t on a shoe and where WG collects f*ckups, mocks their players and enforces censorship

CleverViking #26 Posted 05 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

Able Seaman

• Players

Could we have a button/link to next/last Staff/Offical comment in a thread like the ones found on Blizzard's forums? 

For example in the whole Santa's Convoy debacle the post count numbered in the 100s and it could be a bit annoying trying to find official statements.

Cpt_BrownBear #27 Posted 05 January 2017 - 02:39 PM

Petty Officer

• Players

German DD's with 150mm guns gets an 8 km detection bloom, while the tier 6 Nurnberg with 9x150mm guns only get a 4,5 km increase, and USN, IJN, RN and RU ships get 4,5-4,6 km increase when they shoot their guns, and yet the Gaede and Z-23 gets 8 km increase that is a massive 3,5 km to much, what is the reason behind that?

Nibloke #28 Posted 05 January 2017 - 04:59 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

Why is 'repair party' not universal over all the ships? Why limit it to only BB's and some cruisers? It just doesn't seem fair. Are you considering this?

I'm just asking because as a cruiser player i'm a little bit fedup with BB's dealing massive damage in 1 salvo (and it's actually 1 shot of that salvo) to me (but with that fact I can life with). But what i don't understand is why the hard earned damage (that isn't near the same damage from the BB to me) to the BB by me can be partially repaired. Does that seem fair to WG?

By the way I know that a cruiser isn't in the game to fight a BB head on. But at 1 point of the game you don't have a choice. Also most of the enemy team have 5 BB's (or even more?). That's nearly 1/2 of the team. And you want me to avoid those 5 BB's 20 min gaming?

Edited by Nibloke, 08 January 2017 - 03:44 PM.

Fenrir2205 #29 Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:35 PM

Leading Rate

• Beta Tester

What ship branch will we see next and when can we roughly expect to see it in game?

ImperialAdmiral #30 Posted 08 January 2017 - 02:43 PM

Petty Officer

• Players

Huge part of the community is wating for the first Italian warship in game. Any good news for them?

Regia Marina supporter

Humorpalanta #31 Posted 08 January 2017 - 03:16 PM

Able Seaman

• Players

View PostCynd3r, on 05 December 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

Hi all,

05 December

Today: 08. January 2017.

If you want to know how WG treats EU server just look at this. Funny part is that there are no actual edgy questions cos of this. We just learned that they don't give a ... .

Actually interested for your 2017 plans cos I am really curious what you want to do to this game. I have put a buttload of money into you and more and more seems that it was a huge mistake.

• Royal Navy cruisers were a small mistake. Low tiers are terrible but high tiers can be sorted out.
  • German DDs - total disaster. No good and no fun.
  • Taking away invisifire - UP ships. Funny thing is that how little invisifire actually is part of the game and how bothered BBabies and you are with it. Gonna f*ck up the balance.
  • You have admitted that you have no idea what to do with CVs - This is fantastic news. Makes us really calmed about the future of what we are actually paying for.
  • WG EU treatment - I don't need to say anything. You know it well.

EdiJo #32 Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:03 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

More-than-a-month latency in this thread tells me it is useless to ask, but here is the problem:

When you are pink (someone ate your secondaries shell or drove over your torp), you have 5 (I think) battles to play "without a scratch" to remove that pinky status, during which you get multi-reflected any dmg you deal to a teammate.

My question is: why is the collision damage counted?!

Today I was pinky from some other game, played Nassau with friends, and some idiot (so called "team mate") in a DD was going after me for a half of the game and was continuously ramming me, intentionally.

I got quite damaged by this, and any attempts to avoid collisions only made more fun for the f***er.

Why something with no my fault whatsoever results in:

- prolonging pinky status

- dealing multiplied damage to me (only)

Please remove the collision damage from this rule, it has no sense at all, and just leads to some trolling abuses.

Cynd3r #33 Posted 11 January 2017 - 05:41 PM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff

•    "Could you please add an option to show or not show clan tags, ARP ship names (even if you don't have the Yokosuka port selected) in game?"
Re. ARP ship names, Yokosuka port was removed as the ARP collaboration ended. You now can select whether you want to see the non-historical content in game or not in your settings and carousel filters.
Re. Clan tags, they are shown, though they are at the end of the name – feedback to move them to the front was already passed along.

•    What i want to suggets or maybe know is, since almost every Carrier got a Spotterplane to spot enemy Ships or Planes in Range. I would ask you, if its possible to add a selectable Consumable for Carriers "Spotter Plane" beside of the AA Consumable, i dont mean this as an Extra Squad, just a Plane that can be launched and will fly round your Carrier maybe 5 or 6km Radius and spot incoming DDs or such and lands after a few Minutes. So you can choose between AA Consumable or Spotter Plane, im not sure if this is even Possible to do - but Logical it could be right. Usually that Plane should do the same, then most of the Carrier Guys already did - keep a Squad close to the Carrier and try find the incoming Threat since the ! "Spotted" Symbol lights up. 
Carriers currently have to pay a bit more attention to their surrounding as a price for their long reach. However the carrier gameplay might change in the future.

•    Why is the "Defensive AA" consumable limited to T8+ carriers? Carrier sniping still is a serious issue in the game up until T7. Why get rid of this problem just in high tiers? 
Given the speed of planes and game dynamics, it tended to be the biggest issue at highest tiers, at the same time the players at that level should already know both how to use it and how to avoid it. If anything, adding it to lower tiers would make sniping even bigger problem, as the expert player who knows how to use it would be even harder to touch for newer players trying to progress. It is similar addition as, say, Hydroacoustic search for the top tier German battleships (even though all could make use of it ;)) - 

•    "I just want to ask, if its possible that we get an Option for Different Ports and even the old Music back. I postet that a bit earlier... but i rly loved the NewYork Port in the Night with its old Music...so do we ever get a Chance to get it back? https://www.youtube....h?v=4gPLZfZenuY"
We try to rotate ports and improve them. We would like to have a variety – on the other hand every port increases the client size so we have to keep their amount under control. While the night New York looked nice, it also was rather dark and made it often hard to see details of ships/flags/camos.

•    Are you considering to introduce a medal / achievement like "valiant effort" like in WoT to reward players who played well despite their team losing the battle (e.g. topXP player)?
This needs verification, but: in woWs economy win/loss has less impact on credit / XP economy than in WoT and personal performance is thus already rewarded better. 

•    Is there a chance to introduce the San Shiki shelltype for high Tier (VIII+) Japanese ships, maybe as exclusive consumable?
The incendiary shrapnel rounds were not really effective for anything apart from bombardment of shore targets, but never say never – our team is always looking into various ways how to make individual ships / trees more interesting.

•    In a Q&A session during the summer you said that you think BBs survive too long. Now that you've nerfed the IJN DDs and the current CV issues you actually cut down both counters to DDs. How are you planing on changing this in the future?
Long range torpedo spam was never really a counter to Battleships, from the statistics the shorter range setups usually have higher success rate (if only because there is less chance of spotting the torpedoes half a map away). We also hope changes to the gameplay / skills will motivate battleship players to play more aggressively. 

•    Is it possible to introduce the Aiming Systems Modification 0  for the Mikasa to help with ist accuracy?
We are keeping an eye on all ships, however the Aiming Mod. 0 was primarily introduced to compensate the 140mm-armed Premium ships for the loss of range bonus connected with the Advanced Firing Training skill. We do not currently plane to add this upgrade to Mikasa.

•    Are there plans to enable players to assign hotkeys for the consumables or at least to assign each consumable a fixed hotkey for all ships?
Not right now, though the UI is under constant development and this is a very frequent feedback.

•    Are you going to update the Yamato-model? In the current intro-video the Yamato has 25mm tripling turrets on the main battery turrets 2 & 3!
If and when she needs upgrading and we have time, we might do so – several ships already got functional AA positions on their turrets. No promises / timelines though ;)

What is the bow and stern armour value for Baltimore and Des Moines? The wiki says 25mm but in-game it's 27mm - where is the mistake?
Game files have always the precedence – please note that it often takes time for such minor adjustments to filter to the Wiki, as it is maintained in a large part by volunteers and there usually are more important things to update first 

•    Is there a chance WG would allow a Premium shop replacement - you buy on ship and don't like it - you change it to another of the same or higher value
Currently we do not offer this service and we do not plan it. General policy is descrivbed here, for specific cases (refunds / chargebacks) contaxcting the Support team is the best.

Why are the December weekend specials so weak (in terms of multipliers, presentation, delay with announcement etc.)
December specials were pre-announced in the Forum calendar at the beginning of the month, their announcements then followed standard procedure (ie announcement on the day the special starts etc.). They were structured to provide discounts on the days most players do not really have that much time to play and to provide gameplay-related bonuses on days when more players can utilize them.

•    Why the discounts on T8-10 don't include DE DDs? On the other servers, they do.
By the time the German DDs were here, only a select few players would be able to use the discount (as it was on high tier ships) – we prefer to include German destroyers when the discounts will actually help the player’s progress through the tiers.

•    Why can't we just replace one cammo with another? Why do we have to pay for that? Is it going to stay like that?
This is going to stay as it is, after all while you can just hoist the flags down, you cannot really scrape off paint and re-use it. However note that if you have a permanent camo, you keep it even if you replace it by a different pattern for some time (or even if you just sail without any camo on).

•    Could it be possible to change the order of consumables without the need to change the shortcuts? (just like in WoT when players are choosing consumables) and see the locked target also on the minimap? 
Not in the present form, though we are working on a more user-friendly UI.

•    Don't you plan to have more places for Campaigns where we could pin the goals to reach and unpin them once we complete it?
This is not currently planed. The point of the campaigns is that player has to choose which tasks he wants to focus on and pick the tasks, not do all of them at once.

Tyrendian89 #34 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:29 PM

Lieutenant

• Players

Heyyy good to see this is still alive! :great:

Pretty random question, really, just crossed my mind: Are there any firm technical limitations on the number of ships per battle? Could we see something larger than 12v12 at some point? There's of course performance issues for players with less-than-powerful systems to take into account, but I'm curious - would something bigger be possible? Maybe just by expanding the limits when the Training Room finally makes it to a full release, so players with sufficiently good PCs could play something larger if they desire but no-one would be "forced to" by getting it in a random queue?

Tora Tora Tora

Bellegar #35 Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

And again you didn't answer my questions regarding events and rewards.

Where's that answer that should have come in "next week's batch" as MrConway told me more than a month ago?

This is EU server, where players are treated like dogsh*t on a shoe and where WG collects f*ckups, mocks their players and enforces censorship

ShortySunderland #36 Posted 12 January 2017 - 01:27 PM

Seaman

• Players

I think it's safe to assume that this topic's sole purpose is as a PR-tool, merely as a token of "look, we do care about our players"... And even in that it completely fails (but hey, it's WG-EU, it would be a surprise if it didn't fail if they had anything to do with it), as the promised "weekly digest" has been delayed, and only specific (read: non-critical) questions are picked. If you want developer input, just go to reddit, there you have a direct Q&A with HQ (development team AND publishing team).

Talking about community input... Why don't we have a suggestions-subforum? On the very structured and organised NA-forums, there is. And it's brewing with activity and ideas. Or are we just good enough to populate the servers and hand over the money?

Welcome to the EU Server, where you have to pay for stuff other servers get for free, by just playing the game. The server where players are treated like dogsh*t on a shoe, and where WG collects f*ckups, mocks their customers and enforces censorship. The server without any community care.

Mymeara #37 Posted 12 January 2017 - 04:07 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

nice of you to ignore the questions I put forward Cynd3r :sceptic: very professional of you... especially when one of them was in regards to something that was promised last year and completely snubbed in this years developer diary.

Edited by Mymeara, 12 January 2017 - 04:08 PM.

View PostCosseria, on 27 August 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

The Way of the Cruiser (Junyokando) is a form of Bushido. You learn the hard way. You pay for your mistakes. You try harder after a blunder. And you fight in the open, with deadly weapons and little armor. You accept your fate: being killed is an honor, being fired upon by scores of enemies is a tribute to your valor. You are neither one of those little ninja DDs, always relying on stealth and surprise to get kills, nor those fat, lazy Yakuza wannabes always giving orders to others (scout here, spot there, cap, give me cover, OMG noob team...) while crying like little babies if they get a scratch. You are a Junyokan: get closer, kill, be proud to get a chance to die. And if you do, don't cry like a BBaby.

Gnomus #38 Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:49 PM

Leading Rate

• Alpha Tester

View PostCynd3r, on 11 January 2017 - 05:41 PM, said:

Why are the December weekend specials so weak (in terms of multipliers, presentation, delay with announcement etc.)
December specials were pre-announced in the Forum calendar at the beginning of the month, their announcements then followed standard procedure (ie announcement on the day the special starts etc.). They were structured to provide discounts on the days most players do not really have that much time to play and to provide gameplay-related bonuses on days when more players can utilize them.

•    Why can't we just replace one cammo with another? Why do we have to pay for that? Is it going to stay like that?
This is going to stay as it is, after all while you can just hoist the flags down, you cannot really scrape off paint and re-use it. However note that if you have a permanent camo, you keep it even if you replace it by a different pattern for some time (or even if you just sail without any camo on).

Do these weekly mission have to be so absurd? Be top at exp (ok, nothing bad there) AND do at least one point of ramming damage. Just what?

Having a mission to do ramming damage alone would be little bit bad, as it would make people go for ramming instead of better playing. Have ramming demand on combination of being top player by exp is just something I don't have words for.

It would be interesting to see how many player manages to do these weekly missions at all. You should have requirements as something that supports good play and doesn't need all planets of solar system to line up.

Not having ability to remove camo's from ships is just unnecessary micromanaging and harashing. I know it sounds nice to say you can't scrape paint from ships, and I wouldn't mind paying price for standard paints (8k, 12k and 22k credits), but having to juggle with rare paints from containers/missions is just totally unnecessary. Either you lose precious special paints when needing some other paint or you have to keep auto resupply off and keep adding paint manually for every battle every single time. This is just totally unnecessary chore and micromanagement instead of allowing us to change paint on the fly and concentrate on enjoying battles instead of playing supply master.

If you are so tied up to "can't scrape the paint" point of view then just change "camouflage" to "camouflage plan" that is painted on ships just prior sortieing from harbor. So captain can preplan what camo is painted when leaving harbor, but can change plan anytime before leaving. No need to micromanage and spend lot of time on manual work but allows us flexibility to enjoy game more.

Cynd3r #39 Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:15 PM

Community Coordinator

• WG Staff

View PostMymeara, on 12 January 2017 - 05:07 PM, said:

nice of you to ignore the questions I put forward Cynd3r :sceptic: very professional of you... especially when one of them was in regards to something that was promised last year and completely snubbed in this years developer diary.

View PostBellegar, on 12 January 2017 - 01:33 PM, said:

And again you didn't answer my questions regarding events and rewards.

Where's that answer that should have come in "next week's batch" as MrConway told me more than a month ago?

I feel the need to point out that I don't choose what gets answered - I supply your questions to producers and devs, who respond with the answers. Feel free to post them again here, and I'll again forward them to the devs.

1MajorKoenig #40 Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:40 PM

Midshipman

• Players

Any chance we will see a reworked Kaiser Model? A more credible one - along the lines how Yavuz looked end of the 40s maybe? The current one is really not good unfortunately.
"Gefahr erkannt - Kraft gespannt"

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users