0.5.1.0 AP Damage Model Clarification

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

_GGHF_ #161 Posted 20 November 2015 - 01:04 PM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

View PostOVanBruce, on 13 November 2015 - 07:57 AM, said:

Nah you'll still be able to take away halve the HP of a cruiser with a single salvo. A cruiser needs to shoot a BB for minutes.

A cruiser needs to shoot me for maybe 1 minute to kill me. I need to shoot the cruiser 1 minute for 2 to 6k damage. Yeah.

And remember, BBs are supposed to be the natural enemies of cruisers. Cruisers can kill DDs in 1 or two salvos. Why can't BBs do that to cruisers?

Edited by PaterFrog, 20 November 2015 - 04:40 PM.

t0ffik1 #162 Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:48 PM

Petty Officer

• Players

naa not roll back the patch PaterFrog, i would say balance out the stupid oveprpens - as i can live with little lower chances of citadels (damn i make still at lest 1-2 per match on cruisers alone even on rankeds) but for example shooting nagato shells is a horror (fuso shells overpen/bounce off less as they have higher angle).

And no a cruiser doesnt have to shoot for minutes... He just needs to shoot till he gets 1-2 fires and then can run while you burn lose 40-50% hp

Edited by t0ffik1, 20 November 2015 - 10:49 PM.

Why is RNG in bounce off mechanics - its ILLOGICAL as penetration is math based in real life (and in other games). Shell will always pen (or not pen) a plate on X angle, while having Y speed and Z weight while the plate remains the same, as long as all the values remain constant!!.

DELETE THE RNG from bounce mechanics and remake fire mechanics to be more realistic - then this game could go Esport and would stop bleeding players WG!!.

And from the day of 7.06.2016 NO MONEY FOR WG for treating their communities!.

KapteinSabeltann #163 Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:16 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

View PostTrigger_Happy_Dad, on 10 November 2015 - 01:34 PM, said:

Thx for the explanation!

But I still don't understand this:

In each case I fire AP at a still standing Furutaka @ 4km.

I always aim at the same area.

130mm AP (33.5 kg) - Boom - 13 citadel hits, target destroyed in 22 seconds.

152mm AP (47.6 kg) - Boom - 6 citadel hits, target destroyed in 22 seconds.

356mm AP (673.5 kg) - ...... - 0 citadel hits,  target destroyed in 61 seconds.

Why do 130 / 152mm AP rounds still wreck the Furutakas citadel but 356mm AP does NOT?

Something very strange happened with the Furutaka and AP in 0.5.1. and I don't know if that is sorted. I fired about 80 shots ap shots on a furutaka with a koningsberg in 0.5.1. 30 plus landed in the citadel area, I didn't score ONE citadel and I did not sink her. Then a New Mexico shows me his broadside - I have AP loaded so I fire: 1 Citadel all the rest of the shots penetrated 8.500 damage done against a NEW MEXICO. Meanwhile the Furutaka managed to sail away still floating... Mind blown.

On a side note - I find it curious that WG made the training room almost impossible to access, and thus forcing aslan to remove it from his mod pack at a time when we need it more than ever for testing... Do you want our help or not! Looking at the videos posted on page one of this thread it clearly would help with community testing and understanding of the game mechanics.

Edited by KapteinSabeltann, 26 November 2015 - 05:23 PM.

MF_Halsey #164 Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:10 PM

Seaman

• Players

Your damage model is a joke.  I just hit a St Louis Class Cruiser with 5 HE shell from a Myogi (Battle Cruiser)  where each round delivers around 1200 lbs of HE. that comes up to a total of 6000 lbs of explosives.  Given that the first round struck the Cruiser with around 50% damage already inflicted those 5 round should have at least decommissioned, rendered it dead in the water, it. If it were a level 7 or above Cruiser I could understand not inflicting as much damage.  Your developers have nerfed the damage stats to the point that level 4 cruisers can go toe to to with a battle cruiser or battleship with impunity.  Who gave you the idea that this was the least bit intelligent.  If all you are trying to do is make the DD and Cruiser users happy congratulations you get the moron badge of the year.  No wonder people are leaving this game in droves.  What a pack of idiots you have programming and developing game play.  Battleships were called that because of the damage they do, you have effectively nerfed them into a gradiose version of a paperweight on a shelf because you wish to give light cruisers and DD's happiness.  Give the DD's better torpedos that fire more than 7k but don't downplay the damage done by 300mm and above shells.  No I am not talking absolute realism but if you ever saw the damage a shell of that caliber actually does you would not have nerfed them to the point that it takes 45 of them to sink one light cruiser.  My rant is done if you cannot fix this gross inadequacy in the game then your intelligence is suspect and your developers should be fired.

Edited by MF_Halsey, 29 December 2015 - 02:17 PM.

mtm78 #165 Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:11 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester

Why you shooting HE with a BB/BC at a CA/CL?

"First they nerfed the carriers and I didn't speak out because I didn't play carriers.                                    Then they nerfed the torpedoes and I didn't speak out because I didn't play IJN DDs.

Then they nerfed cruiser HE and I didn't speak out because I didn't spam HE.                                             Then they nerved concealment on every class except BB's, and I didn't speak out because I didn't have common sense

Then the BBabies came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me."        

MF_Halsey #166 Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:15 PM

Seaman

• Players

Setting fires, and since the damage model causes the AP to over penetrate and do little or no damage what is the point of using AP.  The developers have rendered it impotent against Cruisers.  Through 3 previous battles using AP I hit Cruisers at least 20 times with no significant damage inflicted.  Like I said the damage model has been so screwed up CA/CL's can go toe to toe with BB's and do it without fear of excessive damage.

Edited by MF_Halsey, 29 December 2015 - 02:16 PM.

mtm78 #167 Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:18 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester

I think it's more to do with your gameplay still, as I haven't seen this immunity at all.

http://www.twitch.tv...an78/v/32295801

Sorry for the audio was not set up for streaming just hit the button and thought feck it ( you hear my own stream in the background in a browser tab, with a 20s delay.. ).

"First they nerfed the carriers and I didn't speak out because I didn't play carriers.                                    Then they nerfed the torpedoes and I didn't speak out because I didn't play IJN DDs.

Then they nerfed cruiser HE and I didn't speak out because I didn't spam HE.                                             Then they nerved concealment on every class except BB's, and I didn't speak out because I didn't have common sense

Then the BBabies came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me."        

MF_Halsey #168 Posted 29 December 2015 - 02:29 PM

Seaman

• Players

Nice sighting reticle, that is not the reticle I have. Mine is a straight mil relation line with no offset lines. That doesn't show the problem.  I am getting the hits with AP and HE and the damage is not proportional to the caliber of weapon hitting the target.  Cruiser hits are disproportionate to the caliber of shell being fired.

I don't care if they get 4 hits, 4 hits on a BB/BC with 133 to 155mm shells should not inflict more damage than 4 hits with shells of 300mm+.

capoeirady_1 #169 Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:13 PM

Seaman

• Players

way I shout and I never make damage to my enemy?

capoeirady_1 #170 Posted 13 July 2016 - 06:14 PM

Seaman

• Players

some thing is not right with this game

VAC96 #171 Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:16 PM

Seaman

• Players

Hello, i have a problem with this ARP missions, I have completed one of that which give the ARP Kongo battleship, but i haven't got a place for that, and i didn't became it.

Hateshinaku #172 Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:15 PM

Midshipman

• Supertester
  • Players

View PostVAC96, on 04 November 2016 - 05:16 PM, said:

Hello, i have a problem with this ARP missions, I have completed one of that which give the ARP Kongo battleship, but i haven't got a place for that, and i didn't became it.

Dude, totally wrong topic 

click on the blue anchor icon at the top left and change the port to yokusaka.

Edited by Hateshinaku, 05 November 2016 - 09:15 PM.

"Ich war aber bei der Marine"                          "Supertester sind grundsätzlich für alle Anomalien im Spiel verantwortlich"        "Aber ich weiß, dass jeder WG-Staff für Events verantwortlich ist!"

Wargaming als Sündenbock missbrauchen                                                                             Hexenverfolgung  

Frustration                                     Lexikon für typische Aussagen und Vorkommnisse im deutschen Forum

"Anime Fans sind kriminell"                                                                                                                                                                     "Die dürfen mein Premiumschiff nicht nerfen, sonst will ich mein Geld zurück"

remek82bb #173 Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:05 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

Why my PDs can't be united as the 3th currency to by another ships same and different kind?

Why my captains (jap., manga, premium) can't be moved on another ship "no race"?

AmmVonKikke #174 Posted 18 January 2017 - 12:55 PM

Seaman

• Players

Hi all! I think that system of "team killer" it's a really wrong thing!!! I killed for error, of course, as 98% of the times it happens in game, and it is really unfair that thing in case of collision with another ship all damages are owned by team killer!!!! in a game i found a really idiot player! and i'd like to report him, 7nos7 that is his name, who started to push my ship, causing damages till to die! REALLY REALLY UNFAIR!!!! also because many times if you launch torps, many players they doesn't even watch or hear alarms for incoming torps, and so it happens that you kill a mate, anyway that team killer system is really shitting and unfair!!!!!! UNFAIR!!!!!!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users