Some interesting info from RU

• Please log in to reply
4749 replies to this topic

Babykim #2461 Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:19 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

View PostDeamon93, on 19 April 2016 - 09:16 PM, said:

Congratulations, well deserved!

Yes congrats! Although I can't escape the feeling he is doing somebody else's job.

Unintentional_submarine #2462 Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:26 PM

Commander

• Beta Tester

View PostBabykim, on 19 April 2016 - 09:19 PM, said:

Yes congrats! Although I can't escape the feeling he is doing somebody else's job.

Which was why I had a fear he wouldn't be getting the 'blue'.

But he did, and I'm very glad that he did. It is well deserved.

- World of Warships is a game featuring ten tiers, three of which are Tier 7.

SBS #2463 Posted 19 April 2016 - 09:28 PM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

Wow, I am so going to look forward to that new Furutaka hull/turret upgrade. Doesn't matter if it's on the tier 5 or comes as a premium tier 6. Could maybe be implemented as Kako then?.

P8vou7c.gif

How to enable replayes, read this.  Teamspeak server, read this.

Takru #2464 Posted 20 April 2016 - 03:57 AM

Commander

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Tester

View Postfnord_disc, on 19 April 2016 - 08:58 PM, said:

I think Saipan is a great design and looks like oodles of fun, but I don't play American carriers. I have no use for it.

She plays more like an IJN CV, tbh.

Tora Tora Tora!

Deamon93 #2465 Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:06 AM

Captain

• Supertester

View PostBabykim, on 19 April 2016 - 10:19 PM, said:

Translating Q&As? Personally I would rather have a functioning Q&A for EU, to fill a void which has been around for quite some time.

Patches for the patch god, bugs for the bug throne! :izmena:

Fan made Italian tech tree

Fan made Spanish tech tree

WG official TS server - Server Address: 92.223.3.90:9989

Babykim #2466 Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:18 AM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

View PostDeamon93, on 20 April 2016 - 05:06 AM, said:

Translating Q&As? Personally I would rather have a functioning Q&A for EU, to fill a void which has been around for quite some time.

However you want it, the EU community has been living beyond event horizon.

Deamon93 #2467 Posted 20 April 2016 - 05:49 AM

Captain

• Supertester

Lately they are trying to fix and improve. Of course it will take a while but they've  taken the first steps. With this said would be nice to have a section of the forum devoted to feedback and suggestions regaring their "public relations"(streams, Q&A and so on)

hehehedog #2468 Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:15 AM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

View PostCarnotzet, on 19 April 2016 - 06:09 PM, said:

Thanks guys. Just been promoted today! 

On topic, there's not much going on with Russian developers. There will be a stream with JamesWhite_ the day after tomorrow so we'll maybe learn a few things or two.

gz man, richly deserved

LilJumpa #2469 Posted 20 April 2016 - 06:50 AM

Commander

• Beta Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

Gz, somebody finally listened.

Better set up a 2nd Forum account for the occasional WG-rant :trollface:

Gojuadorai #2470 Posted 20 April 2016 - 07:01 AM

Midshipman

• Players

View PostLilJumpa, on 20 April 2016 - 06:50 AM, said:

Gz, somebody finally listened.

Better set up a 2nd Forum account for the occasional WG-rant :trollface:

why ?

theare arent any wg staff on eu to read it anyway :teethhappy:

fnord_disc #2471 Posted 20 April 2016 - 08:13 AM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester

View PostTakru, on 20 April 2016 - 03:57 AM, said:

She plays more like an IJN CV, tbh.

Yes, I can tell that from the stats. I meant that in terms of captain training etc.

I don't really like having premium ships/vehicles from nations that I have otherwise nothing of. Anshan is the only exception because she generates so much free XP.

Armor Penetration Curves For All Ships

God was a dream of good government.

Takeda92 #2472 Posted 20 April 2016 - 10:26 AM

Commander

• Weekend Tester

GZ for the tag Carnotzet!

WoWs. WoT, Anime, Kancolle and random stuff discussion? visit Pravda if you want to chat http://pravda.boards.net/

Anime-based Clan "Pravda Kantai" is hiring members. PM me if you're interested

Pastaiolo #2473 Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

Congratulations are in order from me too :)

Takru #2474 Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:23 PM

Commander

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Tester

View PostDeamon93, on 20 April 2016 - 06:49 AM, said:

Lately they are trying to fix and improve. Of course it will take a while but they've  taken the first steps. With this said would be nice to have a section of the forum devoted to feedback and suggestions regaring their "public relations"(streams, Q&A and so on)

Still looking forward to Gamescom. May be someone from the RU staff attends that event so people might have a chance to talk to them in person?

Tora Tora Tora!

Deamon93 #2475 Posted 20 April 2016 - 12:48 PM

Captain

• Supertester

View PostTakru, on 20 April 2016 - 01:23 PM, said:

Still looking forward to Gamescom. May be someone from the RU staff attends that event so people might have a chance to talk to them in person?

It's possible although who knows.

Babykim #2476 Posted 20 April 2016 - 01:56 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

Here is a transcript and a summary of a video by getfun, who visited the studio and had a discussion with game developers.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46K8B_7yNC0

Optimization. Small patches should be implemented more frequently, ideally every 3 to 4 weeks, whereas micropatches should be kept at a minimum. Higher frequency of patches should cut the reaction time to user feedback and improve the overall quality. Starting from about the version 0.5.6 all micropatches of the client that switch on or off special content (e.g. events) will be implemented on the server, i.e. without the need to patch the client.

Both the client and servers are being cleaned up to consolidate unnecessary files and improve optimization. This is why armor layouts of the ships became unavailable. However, very soon we will be able to view the layout of each ship in the client.

Optimization/weather. The new weather should not impair the frame rate. The resources needed to implement rain are comparable to those required to implement a single battleship salvo. They continue working on the optimization.

Falling online. The developers explain falling online in the RU and NA region by cuts in the advertising intensity in these regions. This has reduced the inflow of new players. The EU region did not see this because the advertising expenditures have not been reduced. The developers expect an improvement as the advertising gets back to normal and themed in-game promotions pick up.

Patch 0.5.5. The number of files will be cut from over 200k to just over 5k. The new architecture of the client should decrease installation and loading times. However, the initial transition will be slow because the archivation of the game files will be performed locally, and may take considerable time on weaker computers. For slow computers the developers recommend reinstalling the game after about 9GB download. They plan some in-game bonuses to sweeten up the transition!

Port. The developers do not want to overburden the port with information so as not to scare off new players. However, armor layout viewing will be introduced very soon, and the measurement units used to describe the ships will be unified.

Gameplay. They are working on effects that will improve the visibility of a ship condition in battle. Now you can use the smoke to judge the speed. In the future you will be able to see flooding and module damage. Patch 0.5.6 will see changes of combat interface. Nicer ship wakes are planned for later.

Changes planned this year include gaining experience and money for support actions such as holding cap points (not de-capping but holding) and spotting enemy ships. This would require rebalancing the amount experience and money gained for capping and de-capping

Matchmaking. -1/+1 matchmaking is definitely not planned. This would significantly reduce the variety of ships encountered in a battle of any given tier. An increase of heavy caliber damage (e.g. BB) to destroyers is not planned. Instead additional damage on over-penetrating shells hits to engine (I guess some sort of critical hits will be introduced). Mirroring ship types other than the carriers (e.g. destroyers) is not planned. This would cause more harm than good, and would not solve the problems players are complaining about.

Miscellaneous.

The 20 percent repair cost discount on the RU server for tiers 8-10 will be extended for another month.

The developers set priority on solving current problems rather than adding new content.

The developers are thinking about testing and releasing new ship branches step-by-step, i.e. low tiers first, high tiers later.

USS Smith (tier 2 DD) will on sale in May.

Takru #2477 Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:03 PM

Commander

• Supertester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Beta Tester

View PostDeamon93, on 20 April 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

It's possible although who knows.

I'll bring torches and pitchforks, just in case :trollface:

Tora Tora Tora!

LilJumpa #2478 Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:04 PM

Commander

• Beta Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

Thx Babykim.

Just had to laugh at the advertising point.

They cannot reduce it on EU server. Advertisement below 0% would be called sabotage I guess.

Allied_Winter #2479 Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:07 PM

Midshipman

• Players

View PostLilJumpa, on 20 April 2016 - 02:04 PM, said:

Thx Babykim.

They cannot reduce it on EU server. Advertisement below 0% would be called sabotage I guess.

Wouldn't say this. A few days ago I saw (to me the first ever) TV advertisment for warships! On the German "Commedy Central" a few times during an evening.

Greetings

Current main "grind": 1. Bayern (NEW), 2. Baltimore (NEW), 3. Chapayev (NEW)

Unintentional_submarine #2480 Posted 20 April 2016 - 02:12 PM

Commander

• Beta Tester

Yeah, I see WoWs advertisement on the internet quite often. Especially youtube. You know those little bars that pop up when you pass a yellow point. Not that I think they are effective. I barely notice them when I close them down.

So BabyKim offers up some nice information, and yet the one thing that sticks out to me is the 20% repair reduction extension. Somehow it soured my reading of the info. It shouldn't, but it did. Apparently it is considered at least a limited success on RU, but still nothing for EU (wonder if NA will get theirs extended as well).

- World of Warships is a game featuring ten tiers, three of which are Tier 7.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users