• Alpha Tester

POPULAR

Mindfulcrane07 #2 Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:49 PM

Midshipman

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

View PostSharana, on 02 July 2015 - 11:42 PM, said:

Greetings Captains,

there are a lot of questions about the Matchmaker (MM) and many of the new captains are surprised when they get into high tier battle with their low tier ship. The battle's tier is characteristic that shows the minimal and maximal tier of the enemy ships if they are not in division. The MM is different for each class, but it's possible to set it for each individual ship and there are some with special MM.

For now it's random in which battle you will get (as top tier or as lowest tier), it simply depends which battle tier will be filled first. There are plans to limit the amount of battles where you will end up as the lowest tier and after few such battles in a row the MM will let you wait for battle where you will be top tier.

Battleships

Ship's tier \ Battle's tier I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X
I                         
II                    
III            
IV            
V            
VI            
VII            
VIII              
IX                
X                  

Cruisers

I                
II                
III              
IV              
V              
VI            
VII            
VIII              
IX                
X                  

Destroyers

I                    
II                
III              
IV              
V              
VI            
VII            
VIII              
IX                
X                  

Aircraft carriers

I                    
II                    
III                    
IV                
V                
VI              
VII              
VIII              
IX                
X                  

Exceptions:

Iwaki Alpha(IV): 4-5

Yubari (IV): 4-5

Atlanta (VII): 7-9

Arkansas Beta (IV): 4-6

+1 :honoring:

Official EU Teamspeak: 92.223.3.90:9989

Member of Odem Mortis International

Orlunu #3 Posted 03 July 2015 - 01:55 AM

Midshipman

• Alpha Tester

Yuubari and Iwaki get sheltered MM?  Cool, that explains some stuff.  Thanks.  :great:

Pravda Kantai: objectively the best WoWS clan to be a part of

Addicus #4 Posted 07 July 2015 - 05:25 PM

Leading Rate

• Beta Tester

+1

PUT THIS IN THE WIKI --- Please.

Actually, the wiki needs lots of help.

HyperState #5 Posted 07 July 2015 - 09:38 PM

Seaman

• Players

Awesome. Thank you for the great info :)

Shipling #6 Posted 08 July 2015 - 03:12 AM

Seaman

• Players

Thanks!

Menulo #7 Posted 16 July 2015 - 12:58 AM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

7 to 10!? holy shit. i hope they wil chance that when more players are on or something cause damn..

Rois #8 Posted 19 July 2015 - 05:04 PM

Seaman

• Players

Regarding MM -  my  last total  games  are    something like this  :

->   4    victories .

->  18 - 19 defeats !!!

Maybe  i am a  bad  player  for this  game   or maybe MM  is  broken ... What else  i am supose  to understand  from this ? My team   die  like  flyes  over  and  over  again ...

Aldramelech #9 Posted 19 July 2015 - 06:13 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

There is quite a bit more to MM then those charts, the parts WG never talk about (well apart from the video where they came clean but has long since disappeared).

Sharana #10 Posted 19 July 2015 - 08:52 PM

Lieutenant

• Alpha Tester

The 1.april video? :trollface:

For now there is no rigged MM where if you are the lowest tier in X amount of battles your next will be as top tier.

_GOGU_ #11 Posted 22 July 2015 - 07:50 AM

Seaman

• Players

I DONT BELIVE THIS! I am so frustrated-like Rois said 10 battle-9 defeats,or maybe more!I have 3 accounts in different mails all the same idiot think!At the beginigs -tier 3 or 4 all is fun. lose-win-normal,but after tier 4 is a nightmare!I belive if we are afk ,the rate of winnigs is more great!IS NOT ONLY MY CASE! I have friends ho play, and the same think. How mm make teams, and ho win?????? I belive and im sure in the middle is a russian crap,nothing personal just bussines.(sorry for bad english)

D_Bird #12 Posted 22 July 2015 - 09:30 PM

Seaman

• Players

I would think that with 30k+ players on this OBT you would get decent, about the same tier MM matches, but NO.

asxtc #13 Posted 23 July 2015 - 11:10 AM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

Defeats..schmeets!

Play the battle, grab as much xp out of it as you can, maybe complete a daily....and go back in again.

No-one bothers about other peoples 'defeats'.

To wear your heart on your sleeve isn't a very good plan; you should wear it inside, where it functions best.

Margaret Thatcher

Morgran #14 Posted 23 July 2015 - 03:38 PM

Seaman

• Players

Or at least provide as much xp as possible to enemy team. Like when you are fighting in tier VI battle with a tier III battleship you just bought. Don't worry about range, damage and speed of every other ship in the battle being at least 50% higher than yours. It's an eat-all-you-want shell buffet just for you.

But seriously, the impossibility of giving players an option to limit possible tier differences in matchmaking at a cost of longer waiting time is beyond my understanding.

Mochican #15 Posted 23 July 2015 - 04:12 PM

Seaman

• Players

Thats not the issue here its the actual match maker: example place 2 cv's in the MM against 1 cv or 1 cv against none on the other team. Gentlemen this is not WOT and you treat this MM as it were wot. There's Big difference between a CV and arty piece. Here u can direct you sq to the target and attack, you cannot direct a shell from the arty piece. You create a big mismatch, these matches are getting  alot of players very frustrated because of this. 

khushrenada #16 Posted 28 July 2015 - 08:18 PM

Seaman

• Players

well i still say the MM is broken.

i just had a match where we had a tier 5 CV, while the enemy had a tier tier 9! and then the MM tried to balance that out with some different tiers at BBs, cruisers and DDs.

we still won, but until we won, the enemy CV simply could do what ever he pleases. when he attacked our US BBs, we were not even able to shoot one plane down at his assault, and US BBs doesnt have weak AA...

i have no problem with spreading tiers, but at least put the same amount of CVs and especially at CVs the same tier in both teams, cause even 1 tier difference means win or loss in a fighter duell and if your CV doesnt even have a chance to protect his squads, he is most of the time completely screwed and so is his team.

i have so many games lately, at which they place 1 CV against 2 CVs, or 1 CV against none CV and if those CV captains have at least a little skill, the game is already imbalanced, especially at low to mid tiers, where AA isnt really strong yet and a lot of ships have no defence aside from dodging against planes.

Admiral_Starfish #17 Posted 05 August 2015 - 12:34 PM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

View Postkhushrenada, on 28 July 2015 - 08:18 PM, said:

well i still say the MM is broken.

i just had a match where we had a tier 5 CV, while the enemy had a tier tier 9! and then the MM tried to balance that out with some different tiers at BBs, cruisers and DDs.

we still won, but until we won, the enemy CV simply could do what ever he pleases. when he attacked our US BBs, we were not even able to shoot one plane down at his assault, and US BBs doesnt have weak AA...

i have no problem with spreading tiers, but at least put the same amount of CVs and especially at CVs the same tier in both teams, cause even 1 tier difference means win or loss in a fighter duell and if your CV doesnt even have a chance to protect his squads, he is most of the time completely screwed and so is his team.

i have so many games lately, at which they place 1 CV against 2 CVs, or 1 CV against none CV and if those CV captains have at least a little skill, the game is already imbalanced, especially at low to mid tiers, where AA isnt really strong yet and a lot of ships have no defence aside from dodging against planes.

Well its bullcrap ther is a Limit on 2 Carrier max

Saldas1983 #18 Posted 05 August 2015 - 01:31 PM

Seaman

• Players

View PostBurgermannen, on 05 August 2015 - 12:34 PM, said:

Well its bullcrap ther is a Limit on 2 Carrier max

As far as I understood ge didn't  say it was more then 2 CVs in either of teams. He said the tiers was very uneven.

Klaskovilte #19 Posted 06 August 2015 - 11:09 PM

Seaman

• Players

Here is how the MM SHOULD work.

You ashould never be able to be paired only with ships higher then yourself. The higest tier ships in the battle should always be the ones there are fewest off, and the lowest the oens there are most off.

If i get in as a tier 3 ship and only see tier 4-6 ships on my team and the enemy team, i know ui'm going to be bullcrap useless that round.

Sadly this happens 3/5 times

Staarfury #20 Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:37 PM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

It would've been nice if they learned from WoT and didn't create the same kind of messy matchmaking, with differences between classes and premium matchmaking and all that kind of strange stuff making life difficult for the matchmaker. Especially since it'll likely have a lot fewer players to fill matches with.

It's also annoying for the players: A division of tier 5 ships simply shouldn't have to worry about matchmaking.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users