Questions to Developers - Round 4

Questions Answers Developers Round-4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

Morphisor #21 Posted 20 September 2012 - 05:06 PM

Seaman

• Players

View PostEvolGrinZ, on 20 September 2012 - 01:14 PM, said:

1. The maps will be around 50x50km, don't think that that is enough to see the roundness of the earth on it.
2. Not sure yet if they will implement weather, but if they do I hope its for all over the map to make it fair for both sides.

Actually, in perfect weather conditions, the line of sight of a ship would be between 10-25 kilometers, depending on the height of the 'crow's nest' (higher means horizon is further away).
Roundness of the earth is very much a factor at sea.

@ Demons_Bain: It was already answered, that friendly planes can only land on your own carrier, not that of teammates.

wittly93 #22 Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:49 PM

Seaman

• Players

View PostMorphisor, on 20 September 2012 - 05:06 PM, said:

Actually, in perfect weather conditions, the line of sight of a ship would be between 10-25 kilometers, depending on the height of the 'crow's nest' (higher means horizon is further away).
Roundness of the earth is very much a factor at sea.

@ Demons_Bain: It was already answered, that friendly planes can only land on your own carrier, not that of teammates.
So, it means that, in real life, at a see level you wouldn't be able to see a ship that has really low 'crow's nest' until it gets closer than ~10 kilometers?

http://upload.wikime...the_horizon.png

If a deck is 10 meters above the water, than that deck is visible up to 10 kilometers at a see level (I chose 10m because of a simplicity). Correct me if I'm wrong.
What is actual crown's nest height of some famous battleships (water to top)?

Toffeegerbil #23 Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:09 AM

Seaman

• Players

As there is no suggestions topic on the forums:

Will there be "dud" shells? No such thing exists in WoT, however it would be a great addition to have shells that can pierce your ship.... but fail to explode. I feel it would add an extra element.

Will you add a feature like this?
If not, why not?

EvolGrinZ #24 Posted 22 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

Midshipman

• Alpha Tester

A question like that kinda was asked about torpedoes. The answer was that all equipment is working as intended, so there wont be any dud shells in the game.

Toffeegerbil #25 Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

Seaman

• Players

What a great shame

Shell reliability could be as to German/Russian armour manufacture in WoT, it would add a great element in choosing a tree.

R0ni #26 Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:49 PM

Seaman

• Players

How deeply will you be able to customize and upgrade your ship? Will these possible upgrades be pre set - or will you be able to make your own "variants" according to what you need and what type of tactics you prefer? Also, will larger battleships be able to launch recon planes?

manthanboeing #27 Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:56 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

Another question about customisation...

Will we be able to name and number our ships? For eg. USS Johnston DD 557?

Also, about the aircraft carriers, will we be able to pick our aircraft as we like or will they be fixed? like in Navy Field we could pic how many planes of what type we want and that depended on the space on the ship.

Can we customize the weaponry and can we put guns on the aircraft carriers?

MAXIMUS V GENE - i5-3570k @ 4.7Ghz - MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition @ 1.5Ghz - Corsair Vengence 2*8GB - 1TB WD Caviar green - 64GB V100 - Corsair GS700 - Corsair Graphite 600T - Razer BlackWidow - Razer Mamba - Logitech G35 - Thrustmaster T16000M - Dell ST2420L

New players: http://wiredstar.com/WoWsWiki/

wittly93 #28 Posted 23 September 2012 - 11:44 AM

Seaman

• Players

View PostR0ni, on 22 September 2012 - 02:49 PM, said:

How deeply will you be able to customize and upgrade your ship? Will these possible upgrades be pre set - or will you be able to make your own "variants" according to what you need and what type of tactics you prefer? Also, will larger battleships be able to launch recon planes?

Q: How will the upgrade system look like?
A: There will be predefined lists of what you can mount onto the ship, and all armament and machinery will be in that lists. We call them pre-sets. Everything that is listed in pre-set will be installable at once; players will not be allowed to mount each AA gun manually.

View Postmanthanboeing, on 22 September 2012 - 04:56 PM, said:

Another question about customisation...

Will we be able to name and number our ships? For eg. USS Johnston DD 557?

Can we customize the weaponry and can we put guns on the aircraft carriers?

"Q: Will you be able to give a warship a name and make it displayed to other players?Also, are we going to be able to fly flags, to reflect country and clans?
A: It's planned to allow players to select warship name from the premade list. As for flags, we do plan to allow clan flags aside of regular premade list of flags (which will include countries)."

"3.1. Q: You spoke about using presets to upgrade weapons on ships.
3.2. Q: I was wondering why you chose to use that system and not the current system we have in WoT.
Because we don’t want players manually install each of Oerlikon on his BB."

EvolGrinZ #29 Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

Midshipman

• Alpha Tester

We don't need to install eahc and every AA gun manually.

But perhaps it's a good idea to be able to select the groups manually. Like you change all AA guns manually, all Main guns, all Secondairy guns, engine(s) etc.

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #30 Posted 23 September 2012 - 04:21 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

why not have the ability to change the AA Battery's and there adjacent Battery's manually, this way you can get an even spread of AA Machine guns. So if your selection is between Medium-Long range but slow firing machine guns and Short-Medium but Fast Firing Machine guns with the same initial Damage you can get an Even Split on the types used, if you get what I mean. Main and Secondary battery's I can understand.

Can I leave this as a Suggestion than an Actual Question Devs hehe

Edited by Demons_Bain, 23 September 2012 - 04:22 PM.

“Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped.” 

King George V 2x4 1x2 14"/45 Mk VII = Tier 7 Battleship, King George V 3x3 15"/45 Mk II = Tier 8 Battleship

The only logical fan tree around!

Serjio #31 Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:36 PM

Able Seaman

• Players

I think you do have the ability to change batteries. It more than likely simply be a selection of Pre sets to choose from.

For example the German 4" and 5"  AA guns.

And this is the question (though worded strangely) for the devs.
I think I understand what they want to do and it sounds closer to what EvolGinz mentioned. As far as weapons batteries go You can prob choose a preset between Main Armament, Secondary Armament and probably tertiary armament. In each of these you'll have selections of what you can choose but they will be done as a group. I mention tertiary because maybe you want to sacrifice some light AA for torpedo tubes or something. How close to the system being thought up is a question I'd like to bring forward for the devs.

If the question seems strangely worded just mention it in answers and I'll set it up in a clearer way.

Elementary Watson!

Morphisor #32 Posted 23 September 2012 - 09:14 PM

Seaman

• Players

View PostEvolGrinZ, on 22 September 2012 - 12:09 PM, said:

A question like that kinda was asked about torpedoes. The answer was that all equipment is working as intended, so there wont be any dud shells in the game.

Eh, it is WG that said that...

Edited by Morphisor, 23 September 2012 - 09:14 PM.

Also tagged with Questions, Answers, Developers, Round-4

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users