Questions to Developers - Round 4

Questions Answers Developers Round-4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
31 replies to this topic

PanzerGert #1 Posted 19 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

Good morning and moin moin. :Smile_honoring:

Please, feel free to use this topic to post your questions to the Devs of World of  Warships. The topic will be closed on midnight September 23rd 2012 and questions will be collected and sent to the developers. New question topic will then be created while we'll be waiting for answers.

To keep the topic easy to navigate, please:
  • Before posting here, check if the question wasn't already answered in these threads: Answers Round 1 Answers Round 2 Answers Round 3
  • Before posting here, make sure the question was not already asked.
  • Keep your posts on topic
  • Use this threads for questions only, do not discuss them etc.
Cheers
PanzerGert

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

DkySven #2 Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:39 PM

Able Seaman

• Weekend Tester

Sort of a question, I hope this is allowed:

- Do you have enough drawings and information on Dutch ships to make those when you start with the Combined European tree? If not, I can help you order drawings from a scale model club here. I ordered drawings of the Dutch planes Fokker T-V and D-XXI there. This is a snapshot of the drawings I got from them of the Fokker D-XXI. When I did a history project, I got lots of information, drawings and photographs from the Dutch Institute of Military History, you could try to contact them too.

I don't want to push you, take your time to do it right. This is just some information to help in case finding drawings on Dutch military stuff proves difficult.

Edited by DkySven, 19 September 2012 - 01:40 PM.

GIAMarcos #3 Posted 19 September 2012 - 01:55 PM

Leading Rate

• Alpha Tester

One short question for now:

- In World of Warplanes the alpha test started with only one server and forum(excluding RU here), will there be more servers for World of Battleships since we have both NA and EU forums in other words will each region get a server from the start?

PrinceZuko #4 Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:44 PM

Leading Rate

• Players

You didnt mantion any Greek ships so i think you didnt even searched for them so there are some and they are not not second hand from military help programs.
1) Georgios Averof http://en.wikipedia....Georgios_Averof
2)Salamis http://en.wikipedia....tleship_Salamis
3)Psara http://en.wikipedia...._ironclad_Psara
4)Elli http://en.wikipedia....ser_Elli_(1912)
5)Vasilefs Georgios I (King George I) http://en.wikipedia...._Georgios_(D14)
6)Vassilisa Olga. http://en.wikipedia....issa_Olga_(D15)
Will they ever be added i dont really care if they are not added in the realease of the game.

ZbysiaxXx69 #5 Posted 19 September 2012 - 02:56 PM

Seaman

• Alpha Tester

Can you tell us, which class will be Tier I ships? I think it should be destroyers, however it would be nice to have official confirmation.

yiebo #6 Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:41 PM

Seaman

• Players

1)Are most maps with islands(so you can "take cover") or more open maps? Since a lot RL battles happened in open ocean, but this would make battles almost 2D.
2)Are the "flags" going to be harbours or more of an island where you have to destroy fortifications? Are those fortificationg going the return fire?
3)Are there airfield on islands where planes from carries can make emergency landings?

Edited by yiebo, 19 September 2012 - 03:42 PM.

Blue_Beta #7 Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:53 PM

Seaman

• Players

Question:
Will WoWP be the link for the wargaming saga? So it's possible to have 15Tanks vs 15Tanks vs 5Planes and 5Ships vs 5Ships vs 15Planes (carrier based!?) It will be cool to have a multiple game linked. (seeng the maps i think you are doing this :P for example El Halluf and Cliff)
Maby WoWP Pacific and Harbor will be avaible for WoWS?

Alcor_Panzer #8 Posted 19 September 2012 - 06:45 PM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

Hi devs,

Would WoWs shares gold and free experience with WoWP and WOT?
Navyfield EU Vikings Veteran: yifanwang99

ZbysiaxXx69 #9 Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:44 PM

Seaman

• Alpha Tester

2 more questions came to my mind - have you decided if it will be possible to share premium account? For example if you've got premium account in WoT, will you have it in WoWs/WoWp too?
And the second one - in WoT it's a garage, in WoWp - hangar, so the place where you keep your ships in WoWs will be named a dock? :D

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #10 Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:46 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

Will it be possible to land Your planes on a Friendly carrier if your carrier is Sunk but you get charged for using there Ammo and Fuel? If you haven't thought about this can I keep it here as a Suggestion?

“Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped.” 

King George V 2x4 1x2 14"/45 Mk VII = Tier 7 Battleship, King George V 3x3 15"/45 Mk II = Tier 8 Battleship

The only logical fan tree around!

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #11 Posted 19 September 2012 - 07:56 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

View PostAlcor_Panzer, on 19 September 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Hi devs,

I can answer that one, Yes, all account information is shared for all 3 games via the Wargaming.net Profile Management Service (if they have one ofc) so Gold is shared, XP is questionable and Credits is a no

Edited by Demons_Bain, 19 September 2012 - 07:57 PM.

“Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped.” 

King George V 2x4 1x2 14"/45 Mk VII = Tier 7 Battleship, King George V 3x3 15"/45 Mk II = Tier 8 Battleship

0ptImuS_Pr1mE #12 Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:15 PM

super trooper elite alpha tester veteran

• Alpha Tester

View PostAlcor_Panzer, on 19 September 2012 - 06:45 PM, said:

Hi devs,

I think you wont be able to share gold, but free expirience yes. But not in near future...

Q 1: How will work repair system?
Q 2: Dev. from WoWp said SAT veterans will got invite for CAT of WoWs...who we need to contact :Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface::Smile_playing::Smile_playing: ?

WoT - Closed Beta Test

WoWp - Senior Alpha test Veteran

Schultz #13 Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

1. Will some of the Warships have pumps to pump out the water and will the crew  experience affect the efficiency of the pumping?

2. Is it possible to ram ships and sink them? For example a battleship ramming a cruiser or DD?

Edited by Schultz, 20 September 2012 - 12:11 PM.

Draugtroll #14 Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

1: Will the teams be strictly Allied ships vs Axis ships in WoWs, Or will we have to play games where it's all just thrown into an unhistorical basket?

2: As a Carrier, will you be able to have all your aircraft launched, or will you have to land/lose a squadron before you can launch the next?

3; Will the Hybrid BB/carriers and the likes strictly be able to launch scout planes, or will they be able to launch bombers that can hit lightly defended targets?  (I suppose they wouldn't be as effective as a real carrier)

4: Will you be able to go back to port during a game, if so, in what situations would that be beneficial? (repair, refit, rearm, refuel, retreat, defend, anything?)

5: Will the AI merchants be sinkable, if so, will there be a penalty if you sink "allied" merchants if you're an allied player?

6: Will you make the matchmaking system so that only big ships fight big ships, and small ones small? if so, isn't that going to be alittle ahistorical and boring?

7: Poster below asks if all AA will be automatic,   I want to know if they are, will there still be ANY circumstance where we'll see manually fired AA? if not , how will you reward players that give Carrers AA support? What is the    incentive if it's automatic?

8: How detailed will the micro management be of the airplanes? Will the player be able to choose when/where to drop bombs? if so, individually, or per squadron?

9:     Can we expect to see a Realism gamemode that only allows Nation-pure Teams. Say a team consisting of only German ships vs the Royal navy?

Thanks i advance:)

Edited by Draugtroll, 20 September 2012 - 10:54 PM.

Serjio #15 Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:15 AM

Able Seaman

• Players

A couple of questions:
  • I am slightly concerned that all AA will be automatic and there will be, as you said, "low" ammunition stacks for it. How accurate are you planning to have the AA be?
  • Attached to that question, a lot of the bigger classes of Ships carried a lot of AA: Though AA is automatic, you've previously talked about how we still need to pay to resupply. How will you balance the much higher costs of AA on the bigger warships? (since they will have a lot more AA Guns firing/eating away ammo)
  • And the third amendment about AA: Based on the idea of automatic AA, will the accuracy of AA be more or less the same for all warships? Or will some warships have more Accurate AA? Will you be able to turn AA on/off to conserve the ammunition?
  • We've talked about Weather previously, and you mentioned that it will have no adverse affect on Aiming due to FCS being very advanced during this time. I would like to expand that question and ask: Will you have weather mechanics in the game? Such as clear days, stormy days, foggy etc? If so will these just be cosmetic or will they impact on both ships and carrier planes?
  • I just wanted your confirmation that the maximum gun calibre we can expect will be 18" apart from the Germans, since their ships had less guns, which might be 19" is this true? Will you be keeping this as a rule while introducing more ships in the future?
  • As a frame of reference, in the maps you are planning what would the maximum range of a torpedo be? Will it be 1/4 of the map or more/less? I don't expect a super accurate answer but an approximation might help us build a better understanding of map dimensions.

Elementary Watson!

Pastaiolo #16 Posted 20 September 2012 - 09:36 AM

Warrant Officer

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

Aaaaand here i am with another question:

We know that World of Tanks does not support multicore processors, while World of Warplanes does. What about World of Warships?

Thank you.

wittly93 #17 Posted 20 September 2012 - 10:54 AM

Seaman

• Players

I'm not sure about this but here it goes:

1. Are the maps big enough to actually first see the top of the distant ship and later, as we get closer, the whole ship (because the earth is round)? If yes, will that be implemented in the game?
2. When the weather conditions are implemented will the same weather be on the whole map or, for example, will there be areas with rain and others without?

EvolGrinZ #18 Posted 20 September 2012 - 01:14 PM

Midshipman

• Alpha Tester

View Postwittly93, on 20 September 2012 - 10:54 AM, said:

I'm not sure about this but here it goes:

1. Are the maps big enough to actually first see the top of the distant ship and later, as we get closer, the whole ship (because the earth is round)? If yes, will that be implemented in the game?
2. When the weather conditions are implemented will the same weather be on the whole map or, for example, will there be areas with rain and others without?

1. The maps will be around 50x50km, don't think that that is enough to see the roundness of the earth on it.
2. Not sure yet if they will implement weather, but if they do I hope its for all over the map to make it fair for both sides.

Serjio #19 Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

Able Seaman

• Players

View PostDemons_Bain, on 19 September 2012 - 07:46 PM, said:

Will it be possible to land Your planes on a Friendly carrier if your carrier is Sunk but you get charged for using there Ammo and Fuel? If you haven't thought about this can I keep it here as a Suggestion?

I believe they already stated that no, what will probably happen is you will be able to use them until they drop from the sky.

Still +1 for a good suggestion on allowing them to live and charging for ammo/fuel. Maybe with a penalty of x2 to the usual cost or something.

Elementary Watson!

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #20 Posted 20 September 2012 - 04:48 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

sorry, can't remember whats been asked and what hasn't been asked

Will naval Flak Guns pose a risk to Friendly CAP and kill/injure the Crew of Friendly Ships if it explodes above them? And if so will there be a away to stop your friendly Flak from gunning down your own or someone else Aircraft?

Will there be eventually Night Time Engagements such as the ones at Guadalcanal?

Edited by Demons_Bain, 20 September 2012 - 04:54 PM.

Also tagged with Questions, Answers, Developers, Round-4

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users