On August 19, 2011, the company website of Wargaming.net, developer and publisher of World of Tanks and World of Warplanes, announced a new game:
"World of Battleships is your next game of the series «World of» - free online MMO game based on the epic naval battles of the twentieth century. Wide choice of vessels to open large tactical possibilities - each of them will be unique in terms of firepower, speed, armor and strength." On August 2, 2012, the game was renamed to World of Warships.
World of Warships is a free-to-play naval action MMO that plunges players into the era of the XX century devastating sea wars. Dive into the massive naval battles and tame the overwhelming power of multiton titans to conquer the high seas.
The game provides numerous strategic opportunities for success in combat. Sudden strikes from cover, cunning flanking attacks or open head-to-head encounters—every player will have dozens of tactics to choose from.
To apply the great variety of tactics, players will have several types of combat vessels at their command, including aircraft carriers that provide long-range air support keeping distant from actual combat, powerful battleships and heavy cruisers able to scarify the enemy with their looks alone, and light and agile destroyers using deadly group attacks.
the 5 steps to developement
1) Pré-Alpha : , this means the game mechanics and core features like the User Interface, Basic Visual Effects, Models for Structures and Ships etc. are being implemented step by step into the game. This is an on-going procedure which requires a lot of programming time and careful testing of the implemented features. This process is important for the future game development and is the foundation for all future plans and implements. During this period only developers can participate players was no autorissed .
2) Alpha closed comming soon ( november 2013 ) , during the period some players selected was invited has participed in the closed beta , their job to these players was a report an error , bugs , crash , and submit idea to develloper for improve the gameplay , rebalance ships (nerf or buff ) this very important for the developers having the feelings and ideas to the players it allows d'upgrate the game , gameplay ships , new maps and If you accept been in the colsed alpha you must help the developers it's very importants otherwise you will serve nothing , i's you job . If you agree to be taken in alpha closed you agree to be active on the forums it is a contract , a commitment .
3) Beta closed : 2014 (Q1-Q3 ) the beta closed was after a alpha closed , to enter in beta closed youmust answer in the questionary suhs as a world of warplanes the questions about your culture principaly a ships (because it's world of warships ) exemple : the Iowa was a BB 61 and you check the cases yes or no . During the Beta closed more players was acced in the game but you have to stay active on the forums helping developers ( report bugs , crash , graphic bug , ideas , glitch ect... ) it helps improve the game = good gameplay , fun , ect.. ) it's very important , it is as if it was a work but it is also fun , discovered the game .
4) Open beta : ( Q3 2013 - Q1-Q2 2014 ) the open beta was open has all players , everyone can download world of warships ( you are just need a acount wargaming ) , the open beta was means that game was almost finish but he did not , it is still making small changes , correct some bugs , glitch , graphic bug , nerf or buff ships and you must continue to help developers on the forum .
5) Launching world of warships ( Q3 2014 - 2015 ) The launching was means that game was finish to be created but there will maj containing new content ( ships , new nations , new maps , buuf , nerf suhs as world of tanks ) , wot as you normally play with friends you play in the ships compagnie , traignigs rooms , standard battle , clan wars . You will no longer have to go to the forum you jobs was finish .
NDA : A non-disclosure agreement this means that while present you do not have the right to provide information in peinne tracking the NDA was present during the alpha closed , beta closed . It's part of the contract that you accept when you start the game
PC requierement : you do not need a super powerful computer , you should count 20-15 fps less compared to wot .
Ships and nations :
Nations present in the game : USA , IJN , RN , KM
Maps ; the maps was during in the pacific , atlantic , maps will be 60x60 kilometers
Mod in the game : stantard battle , training room .
In the game it's 5 class :
BB inclued BC the carcteristic big armor , big gun very big damage and very longe reach but a slown reloading ~ 3/rate of fire by min and a slow speed and maniability .
CA good armor but less than A BB and good gun big damage and good reach , medium speed and maniability
Cl idnetical in the CA but is less armor and the degat for sheel and the gun had a medium reach and fast speed and maniability .
DD it's the scout its greatest asset it's a very fast speed and fery good maniability and he was a torpedo very dangerous for a enemy BB
CV it's arty of world of warships he was launching airacft and the aircaft kill the ennemy ships ( dive bomber , bomber torpedo ) the cv was hiden , and he was a medium speed and medium maniability he was launching a aircaft scouts ( the kamikaze was not confirmed )
AND THE SUBMARINE WAS NO PRESENT IN THE GAME
The environemental was change ( sun , rain, storm,) he was depending on the cards seagulls presnet in the map , variation waves ect ...
The weapons :
The players can select differente turrets for target differente exemple turret 1 and 2 was attacked a first ships and the turret 3 was attacked a second ships and the AA was controled by IA because aircaft was controled by IA .
The dstroyes has 2 princimpaly weapons torpedo and turret .
AP/HE the premium shells was no anounced
The player will just calculate the firing angle for launching torpedoes (not the depth or speed) . The torpedoes was presnts in the destroyers , bomber torpedoes , and even some battleships and cruiser .
my idea ( screenchot modified )
Anti-aircraft guns (AA), like Secondary Guns, will be operated by artificial intelligence (AI). This means that the player will not physically aim and fire the AA guns, but instead they will automatically open fire on the threat deemed most serious by the AI. Despite that, the player will have the ability to select a squadron of attacking aircraft for attack, overriding the AI if they choose. Additionally, AA should function similarly to the Secondary Batteries, in that they will fire on the player's target, or if there is no assigned target (or the assigned target is not in their arc), they will fire at an available target that has been deemed most threatening by the AI.
Some Secondary Batteries (and in the case of certain Destroyers, some Primary Batteries) were dual purpose (DP). Those batteries could be loaded with either anti-shipping or anti-aircraft ammunition. AA capable guns loaded for anti-shipping will only target ships, and vice versa. In the event the DP gun is also the primary gun for a ship, the player will be able to aim and fire the guns manually (as a single group) when they're loaded with anti-shipping ammunition, but the AI will take over when they load their guns with anti-aircraft ammunition.
was just about anything said full if you chosse other added .
The aircraft carrier has a limited number of aircraft exemple IJN Shokaku ( confirmed ) it's a level 8 in the game , he was 27 B5N Kate ( Bomber torpedoes ) armement : 1 torpedoe type 91 ) , 27 D3A1 Val ( Bomber dive armement ; 1x bomb 250kg and 2 x60 kg bombs ) and 18 A6M ZERO , aircraft lost will be redeemed shuhs as shell in world of tanks .
The turrets are the most powerful weapons a ship except CV and desroyers , each turret can attack different target because the players the players was slected the target for the turret , exemple turret 1 attack the destroyers , turret 2 attcak CL and the turret 3 attack a CV
The aircaft scout
The aircraft can be launched from ships CV but also possessing a launching pad , for example the USS North Carolina (tiers 8 ) , can launch 3 OS2U Kinglisher , reconnaissance aircraft and anti-submarine it will be well positioned on the launch pad .
the different views are :
- Third person view
- binocular view
- arty-style view for long-range firing
- top-down view for aircraft managing
No free cameras mode and he was not possible often see water
Only the principal officers will be represented but if one is knocks it reduces the ability of the ship as wot .
The airacft pilot of the CV was represented by one officer .
Weather / environement
The waves are just visual vessels will not be sunk by the waves, however, the ocean current will affect the speed of the ships .
The iceberg will probably not be present ( to avoid making as titanic with a battleship ) .
The draft affects a unit such as destroyers may pass or do not pass a battleship , you can get out of shallow wather but it's very slow .
he map may have a few areas of rain or fog. If the ship came into this area, she can't see anyone, and she can't be seen too. Something like this.
Weather will be predetermined before a battle .
You can hide behind the hills, wreck ect ...
There will seagull .
The storm can not sink a ship but the wind changes the direction of the fire .
Now we know nothing of the game economic system .
Remerciement to all players and developers because it is thanks to them that I could make this topic .
And I hope this information will make you happy and good sea .
ps : look a schreechots galery here http://forum.worldof...5609#entry25609
Edited by matthias37, 29 October 2013 - 08:51 AM.