Questions Qnswers Developers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

Tuccy #1 Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:08 AM

Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • Community

Hello, folks,
Please, feel free to use this topic to pose questions to the Devs of World of  Warships. The topic will be closed on midnight September 9th and questions will be collected and sent out. New question topic will then be created while we'll be waiting for answers.

To keep the topic easy to navigate, please:

1. Before posting here, check if the question wasn't already answered here, here or here.
2. Before posting here, make sure the question was not already asked.
3. Keep your posts on topic
4. Use this threads for questions only, do not discuss them etc.

Cheers

Serjio #2 Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:57 AM

Able Seaman

• Players

Alrighty:
  • As an update, do you know when you might be able to provide us with an early tech tree for the IJN & USN lines during the beta? Just curious if you knew which ships you were planning on placing in the beta so far.
  • Will camouflage choices be available with release/beta? Or will it be like in Warplanes where it seems to automatic?
  • I know you have yet to decide fully on Sailor Abilities, but will we be able to trade sailors with beta/release or are you planning to do that much later? (Ofc this is accounting for the fact there may be a lot of nice abilities to choose from)
  • Will we have fire modes to choose from? (Ie: Simultaneous, by turret, by primary gun)  I know for aiming the turrets will all point at one target, but I was wondering if you stagger your fire. This could help with the first couple of ranging shots and then you could go back to firing all turrets simultaneously.
  • In tandem with that question, how much ammunition would, let's say an Iowa carry? Just wondering if it's never an issue or enough of an issue you do not want to waste too much on ranging shots/etc.
  • Knowing AA guns are automatic, will we be expected to pay to reload them every game? or will they be excluded from re-supply?

Elementary Watson!

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #3 Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:01 AM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

Will some nation ships have Auto Loaders like some of the French Tanks in WoT?

How long would you roughly estimate that World of Warships would be in Closed Alpha and Beta before it come into Open Beta?

Will the Carrier tree be similar to the Arty tree in WoT were it stops at Tier 8 or will it go up-to Tier 10?

Will planes be researched separately to the Carriers or will they be Researched as Modules for each Carrier?

Do you have any other Projects planned for after World of Warships is released like World of Star-ships?

“Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped.” 

King George V 2x4 1x2 14"/45 Mk VII = Tier 7 Battleship, King George V 3x3 15"/45 Mk II = Tier 8 Battleship

The only logical fan tree around!

Serjio #4 Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:05 AM

Able Seaman

• Players

View PostTuccy, on 03 September 2012 - 03:56 PM, said:

3.9. Q: What are the "main" special traits between Nations? As in Tanks, each nation seems to have their trait. Soviet being Armor and Close range combat. Germany being Accuracy and Long range combat, Americans being All-rounders and Medium range combat, French being Speed and Firepower. (in general, but not every tank falls within the category of course).
There are no special nation traits in our game, because we are not making the Orcs vs Elves MMO. Each nation made ships of different kind and role – for example Alaska is fast, poorly armored BC, while Montana is not so fast, but big, well armored and armed ship – this is the only „traits“ you should expect from World of Warships.

Elementary Watson!

Tuccy #5 Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:12 AM

Lieutenant

• WG Staff
  • Community

View PostDemons_Bain, on 11 September 2012 - 11:01 AM, said:

Will the Carrier tree be similar to the Arty tree in WoT were it stops at Tier 8 or will it go up-to Tier 10?

Note: It is like this in WoT for now, for the future the Tier VIII arties will be bumped up to Tier X with tech trees being fleshed out to cover all tiers.

Alcor_Panzer #6 Posted 11 September 2012 - 03:48 PM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

Question:

Does the guns on ships have different maximum ranges? If yes, would there be a nation that has range as an advantage?
Navyfield EU Vikings Veteran: yifanwang99

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #7 Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:57 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

Will guns be fired Simultaneously (like in games such as Naval Ops) or one after the other (like Battlestations)?

“Yes, of course duct tape works in a near-vacuum. Duct tape works anywhere. Duct tape is magic and should be worshiped.” 

King George V 2x4 1x2 14"/45 Mk VII = Tier 7 Battleship, King George V 3x3 15"/45 Mk II = Tier 8 Battleship

JeeWeeJ #8 Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:23 PM

Patchsmasher

• Supertest Coordinator
  • Alpha Tester
    Supertester

View PostDemons_Bain, on 11 September 2012 - 06:57 PM, said:

Will guns be fired Simultaneously (like in games such as Naval Ops) or one after the other (like Battlestations)?
From what i understood from KGB on the NA forums you fire in salvos, so all (main) guns fire at once. Dont know about the secondaries though, but i believe those are semi-automated.

JeeWeeJ's Negativity Service: now with CHAOS and CONFUSION! Serving unhappy customers since 2012!

"Noone's ever looking for you jeewee, we're always looking away from you, 
that way we always know exactly where you arn't" - Shepbur
"Now, I am become JeeWeeJ, the destroyer of updates." - Tuccy

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #9 Posted 12 September 2012 - 08:35 AM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

Will some ships be able to fire Rocket Artillery as some ships where designed and used in Battles like the Normandy Beach Landings?

Pastaiolo #10 Posted 13 September 2012 - 02:15 PM

Warrant Officer

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

There have been a lot of questions already about ships, crew management, Ai, carriers, etc etc.

However, when i look at a naval game, my first concern is about the environment battles takes place in, in this case the sea, and how it affects the fights.

So the question is, what kind of "physics" can we expect from the ships there? Will we have waves or the sea will be just a flat texture with special effects to resemble the sea? Will we have different maps with different sea conditions that influence ship accuracy, or force you to shoot in a certain situation and not in another one?

Thank you.

Diedel #11 Posted 14 September 2012 - 06:13 AM

Leading Rate

• Weekend Tester

View PostPastaiolo, on 13 September 2012 - 02:15 PM, said:

There have been a lot of questions already about ships, crew management, Ai, carriers, etc etc.

However, when i look at a naval game, my first concern is about the environment battles takes place in, in this case the sea, and how it affects the fights.

So the question is, what kind of "physics" can we expect from the ships there? Will we have waves or the sea will be just a flat texture with special effects to resemble the sea? Will we have different maps with different sea conditions that influence ship accuracy, or force you to shoot in a certain situation and not in another one?

Thank you.

If i remember that right we got told there will be waves, but will be just visual, no game influence.

Why can't we upgrade single components on a ship, like the whole main battery, but only the whole package (batter, fcs, etc.). won't that restrict the possible selection to much ?

Pastaiolo #12 Posted 14 September 2012 - 08:44 AM

Warrant Officer

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester

View PostDiedel, on 14 September 2012 - 06:13 AM, said:

If i remember that right we got told there will be waves, but will be just visual, no game influence.

Oh, i haven't found that answer then, i am sorry! But maybe they can still give us more info about it. If not, just ignore my question right away.

Axia #13 Posted 14 September 2012 - 02:50 PM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

1. What would the reloading time be? :Smile_trollface::Smile_trollface:
2. Which nations will be introduced then alpha is released?
3. How will de crew system work?
4. Will it be possible to "abandon the ship?" if so will you see small men jump out :Smile_glasses::Smile_glasses: that would be awesome

Chipmunk_of_Vengeance #14 Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:10 PM

Captain

• Alpha Tester
  • In AlfaTesters
    Weekend Tester

View PostAxia, on 14 September 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

2. Which nations will be introduced then alpha is released?

Japan and the US will be first in the Alpha ^^

Sille #15 Posted 15 September 2012 - 01:50 PM

Leading Rate

• Beta Tester

1. Will the game have Ap,He, premium ammo?
2. Will we get camoflages/skins we can buy like in tanks?
3. Can water plumes destroy airplanes damage, smaller ships?
4. Will ships have crew you can see? like AA gunners and brigde crew and so on,peope just walking running around?
Float sofly and carry big guns

don_banan #16 Posted 15 September 2012 - 07:18 PM

Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

View PostAxia, on 14 September 2012 - 02:50 PM, said:

4. Will it be possible to "abandon the ship?" if so will you see small men jump out :Smile_glasses::Smile_glasses: that would be awesome
No men. Coz they would have had to show what does 406 HE round do with people standing on deck when it hits it:P

Also tagged with Questions, Qnswers, Developers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users