XVM... for WoWs?

xvm mod extended visualization mod

• Please log in to reply
682 replies to this topic

Cattro #1 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:23 PM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

So, have been wondering about XVM for WoWs. I understand it's possible and would incorporate statistics with customization etc. But my real question is; how do people feel about XVM? Does it hinder play as people quickly give up, based on a 40% chance to win, or is it necessary information to you?

Exustio #2 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:24 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

POPULAR

How i feel about xvm: :(

XVM is broken as it discriminates players by how good/bad they are.

Good players get zero'd, simply to ruin this particular guy's game. 

Bad players get scolded for being noobs, which results in insults. 

Regular players look at XVM and decide upon that data to play for either their own gain, or the gain of the team. Being forced to chose is not the result u want as u want everybody to do as much as they possibly can to win the game, regardless of a higher personal gain for doing something that is not in benefit for the team. 

In the end, XVM does not bring anything to the game apart from crying. 

Edited by Exustio, 24 April 2015 - 04:28 PM.

OMNI-Odem Mortis International

Are you up for the challenge?

Orlunu #3 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:27 PM

Midshipman

• Alpha Tester

I've only ever seen bad players give up because of it, so it's not as big a problem as people think.

Pravda Kantai: objectively the best WoWS clan to be a part of

Cattro #4 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:29 PM

Able Seaman

• Beta Tester

I'd agree. I'd never give up on the basis of a statistic - but it's true that some do unfortunately.

krautjaeger #5 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:32 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

POPULAR

No, just no. XVM has made WoT a game of stats, I do not wish that upon the WoWs community at all. And, as pointed out in earlier threads, you can not carry much in WoWs which will make it harder for those going for stats as well making it all a sordid mess.

Muffins_Are_People_Too #6 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

Seaman

• Weekend Tester

I like XVM and can't wait to see it in WoWs
tonks tonks tonks tonks tonks tonks

The_Kreigsmarine #7 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:35 PM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

Oh please, No XVM for WoWs I feel it ruined it for WoT and it would be like a cancer for Warships too. This is coming from a person who has above average stats (1700 Wn8 and 52 % for WoT), I still feel it ruins the game by making people prejudice about other stats and worrying about whether they have a "good winrate or not"

Edited by The_Kreigsmarine, 24 April 2015 - 04:36 PM.

Aernir #8 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

Leading Rate

• Beta Tester

Don't really have any experience with it (never cared much for WoT), but I don't really can see why people have such a problem with it. It's no different from say, a professional gamer or athlete studying his/her opponents before they face off in order to formulate a strategy. From what I understand, XVM simply provides a much more simplistic version that let's you apply the same kind of reasoning to a random match. I'm under the impression that a lot of people place far to much emphasis on what it tells them, but blaming the mod for that seems as silly to me as blaming a knife for a stabbing. Raging or whining <insert word of choice> are going to be the same regardless.

Fenrir2205 #9 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:45 PM

Leading Rate

• Beta Tester

The only thing that can be said about XVM without saying something that gets you banned... Its garbage, 20% chance to win,,,, other team sucks and you win 15-2.  75% chance to win, your team sucks so much you loose 0-15.   Its feels like RNG that has RNG on top of its RNG.

shodan_twitch #10 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:49 PM

Leading Rate

• Alpha Tester

Mein Stream : http://twitch.tv/shodan_twitch

Besucht mich doch mal

"Wir sind hier, um die Demokratie zu schützen, wir praktizieren sie nicht."

Capt. Frank Ramsey

krautjaeger #11 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:49 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

View PostAernir, on 24 April 2015 - 04:44 PM, said:

Don't really have any experience with it (never cared much for WoT), but I don't really can see why people have such a problem with it. It's no different from say, a professional gamer or athlete studying his/her opponents before they face off in order to formulate a strategy. From what I understand, XVM simply provides a much more simplistic version that let's you apply the same kind of reasoning to a random match. I'm under the impression that a lot of people place far to much emphasis on what it tells them, but blaming the mod for that seems as silly to me as blaming a knife for a stabbing. Raging or whining <insert word of choice> are going to be the same regardless.

Don't know how much you played WoT, or how recent it was, if ever but play a few thousand games there now and then revisit the idea of porting that to WoWs. ;-) Or brows the forums there for a few weeks, and see how it affects the general mood there.

Raging will be here/there no matter what, but people stat-pad and warpack their way up to a different colour as well and then call people noobs. There are people who deserver, truly, to be on top but those who do have no interest or need to belittle others on their lack of skill.

Edited by krautjaeger, 24 April 2015 - 04:51 PM.

MaxxyNL #12 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:50 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostExustio, on 24 April 2015 - 04:24 PM, said:

How i feel about xvm: :(

XVM is broken as it discriminates players by how good/bad they are.

Good players get zero'd, simply to ruin this particular guy's game. 

It is not XVM that discriminates.

The people that take the stats, from XVM, a bit to serious, are the ones who discriminate other players with low/not so good stats.

:honoring:

Terrors_DEATH_PUNCH #13 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:51 PM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

i think xvm should be fully banned from all wg games, its ruined tanks completely, warplanes it did not work in any way, and if its on warships it will just ruin the game play and like in tanks you will just get total jack ass'es playing 4 stats and there over grown ego's  and not the team, 

keep the stats / service record to a min, we don't need to no the finest of details of what we have done or other players,  

MaxxyNL #14 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:53 PM

Lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • In AlfaTesters

View PostTerroriser_666, on 24 April 2015 - 04:51 PM, said:

i think xvm should be fully banned from all wg games, its ruined tanks completely, warplanes it did not work in any way, and if its on warships it will just ruin the game play and like in tanks you will just get total jack ass'es playing 4 stats and there over grown ego's  and not the team, 

keep the stats / service record to a min, we don't need to no the finest of details of what we have done or other players,  

Hmmm, and the stats that Wargaming shows in player profiles? :hiding:

krautjaeger #15 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:54 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

To have a look at how the WoWs community would look like with XVM one only needs to start the same topic on WoT forums and see how it turns out. Right off the bat anyone opposed is neg-repped to death, which shows how silly it is. Then the verbal abuse ensues, about people with no skill would clearly be opposed to XVM and so on and so forth, ad nauseum.

View PostMaxxyNL, on 24 April 2015 - 04:53 PM, said:

Hmmm, and the stats that Wargaming shows in player profiles? :hiding:

Is of no use until after the battle, unless they got OCD and need to alt-tab to check everyone out. ;-)

Edited by krautjaeger, 24 April 2015 - 04:55 PM.

Xevious_Red #16 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:54 PM

Midshipman

• Beta Tester

Mixed feelings regarding XVM: it does cause a ton of rage, and insults and people complain incessently about it.

However the reason I installed it on WoT was simply becauss I had one great game where a guy said "follow me" and I thought why not. What followed was beautiful - pincer movements, covering fire, proper wolf pack tactics. Looked up his stats afterwards - blue rated player (good)

So next game when someone said "follow me" I did again. Only to have him ram me repeatedly, shoot me twice, then call me a noob for "taking his spot". Look up stats afterwards - deep red (very bad).

So for ships on the one hand it might cause rage, but on the other it'll show me which DD captains I want to hunt with, and which I want to ensure are as far away from me as possible.

shodan_twitch #17 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:55 PM

Leading Rate

• Alpha Tester

View PostTerroriser_666, on 24 April 2015 - 06:51 PM, said:

i'm fine with the statistic's provided by WarGaming. No need for XVM.

Mein Stream : http://twitch.tv/shodan_twitch

Besucht mich doch mal

"Wir sind hier, um die Demokratie zu schützen, wir praktizieren sie nicht."

Capt. Frank Ramsey

Terrors_DEATH_PUNCH #18 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:56 PM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

what wg gives u in service records / profiles is ok,  im talking about xvm and other that uses that and add there own crap on to make up xvm and other such stat mods 

NO XVM OR SIMILAR STAT MODS TO BE ALLOWED ON ANY WG PLATFORM, BAN THEM ALL, 

Edited by Terroriser_666, 24 April 2015 - 04:59 PM.

dan_can #19 Posted 24 April 2015 - 04:57 PM

Chief Petty Officer

• Alpha Tester

Block Quote

XVM... for WoWs?

Just no.

"The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush his achievement and remove all record of his very existence. From that defeat there is no recovery. That is the meaning of victory."

Lord Commander Solar Macharius

Death from Above

Dangerhamster #20 Posted 24 April 2015 - 05:05 PM

Petty Officer

• Weekend Tester

The trouble with XVM win chance is a lot of people treat it as a prophecy not a prediction.

And the vast majority of people I have seen raging at their team are not running XVM. Sure some people use it to belittle others but they will do that anyway (witness the chat in some games on here). Failure to use information correctly is not the information's fault but rather a user problem.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users