• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Euan_Huzarmy #21 Posted 20 May 2015 - 06:00 AM

Commander

• Supertester
  • Alpha Tester
    In AlfaTesters

View Postmtm78, on 19 May 2015 - 12:05 PM, said:

The replay file is just a record of entity locations and object properties, it does not contain the meshes and textures. The executable file itself is not the main problem, with patches there are changes to terrain / ships both in mesh and textures. If the client would not back up every mesh/texture from every patch, you would never reach backwards compatibility ( without more or less severe graphical abnormalities ). I would not want the client to do this, it would increase the space the game occupies to much ( I got precious space on my ssd ). 

The meshes are small files, the texture's make up the most space. A possible workaround would be to add an option to keep meshes from previous patch and allow storing of selected textures ( which are either all low quality ~ which is smaller, or highly compressed one's which due to compression would look lower quality ).

Or maybe I am wrong?

No, you are very correct in your assumption, I was not thinking about changes at the time of my post. But, for those that do have enough space I can only imagine it would be like having a separate game installation for each update in order to play the relevant replays so that would rule out this ever to happen.

xBamBamx #22 Posted 24 May 2015 - 09:32 AM

Petty Officer

• Beta Tester

"Row, row, row your boat, gently down the stream"

PitbullTerror #23 Posted 06 June 2015 - 11:10 AM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

Hello guys, i just got this whole replay system activated this morning and after a game in the mighty Grem DD i wanted to watch it again but i noticed that at certain moments ships were at a diff location then the Over Target Markers were showing, i made a ss so its easier to explain what i mean

note: the spot where the OTM was from that Myogi and where i was currently aiming at was in fact the real position of that ship during online play and somehow in the replay version my shells that landed there were indicated as hits but the contour of the ship was elsewhere as u all can see

so is it bugged on my part only or do multiple persons had that issue?

Regards..

Edited by PitbullTerror, 06 June 2015 - 11:12 AM.

mtm78 #24 Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:55 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester

I never had the issue you are showing, and I wonder if you where having lag issues in the game? The replay stores the data from your client which might have been out of sync with the server data.

"First they nerfed the carriers and I didn't speak out because I didn't play carriers.                                    Then they nerfed the torpedoes and I didn't speak out because I didn't play IJN DDs.

Then they nerfed cruiser HE and I didn't speak out because I didn't spam HE.                                             Then they nerved concealment on every class except BB's, and I didn't speak out because I didn't have common sense

Then the BBabies came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me."        

ChaosD #25 Posted 14 June 2015 - 04:34 PM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

Having the same problem right now, but since I reactivated replays only yesterday, I don't know which update caused this behaviour. I will check if this happens in other replays as well, but I guess so. 

Meanwhile... is there any information on when the replay function will be released as functional? I love that it's available, but I'm also sad that the tickets aren't displayed yet. That way many replays lose quite some of their tension.

edit: Checked a couple of replays now. I have only played one battle with the only IJN ship I have and that one is okay. Every other battle with US ships is off sync. There seem to be different types of synchronisation problems but they're all affected.

Some screenshots:

- normal cam: http://i.imgur.com/5E03SQr.jpg - the viewrange cone in the minimap is way off the actual ship

- free cam: http://i.imgur.com/saUVdrx.jpg - viewrange cone is positioned correctly, yet...

- free cam: http://i.imgur.com/WsweAsC.jpg - ... the shells are starting from the position where the regular camera is, the shells in the circle are actually my AP shells

and a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn_xuRer-dU) showing the same scene from normal and free camera.

Edited by ChaosD, 14 June 2015 - 05:55 PM.

Print twice before thinking.

When you send 24 shells on their way but only 7 of them hit...

Sincerely yours, Nagato

Sorry. Sorry.

BDubzZz86 #26 Posted 23 July 2015 - 02:07 PM

Leading Rate

• Beta Tester

You know...you could also create yourself a twitch account and livestream your gaming? :) 

It automatically records your streaming sessions (although they are only kept for 30-60 days or something) but it's better than nothing!

NoMana65 #27 Posted 13 August 2015 - 11:44 AM

Seaman

• Players

in world of tanks we could push ctrl and point with the mous on minimap. I can not do it in wow. can you anwer me why it is like that. I can see many do it so is it some other function we need to do to get it work

StanleySmith #28 Posted 27 August 2015 - 11:54 AM

Seaman

• Beta Tester

You need to double click on the minimap to ping. A single click like in WoT somehow doesn't work in WoWS.

EsaTuunanen #29 Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:50 PM

Commander

• Beta Tester

Maintaining compatibility with old replays would be sure nice but definitely hard to implement in case of bigger updates to game/its asset data.

But one improvement could be done without really any extra work for WG:

Telling beforehand when there's major patch coming which "breaks" replays and if new patch is just minor one which doesn't break replays.

That would help people to know when it would be time to look into recording best moments/matches into video form.

jarek070 #30 Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:23 AM

Seaman

• Players

perfect

I_bring_pain #31 Posted 12 October 2015 - 09:59 PM

Seaman

• Players

Is there an easy way of pulling the stats from the replay file? I just had a 116k dmg battle in my Tenryu, so...

Jaeger_Bomb_Meister #32 Posted 05 November 2015 - 02:35 AM

Petty Officer

• Players

View PostTuccy, on 24 April 2015 - 01:09 PM, said:

Captains!

A Replay was unlocked in the game some time ago. Before enabling it, read, please, the following disclaimer.

DISCLAIMER: DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK. BACKUP INVOLVED FILE!

So...

We have a Replay function in the game, already active. However we do not have necessary interface for it yet - it is still being developed. However since this can help in reporting bugs, we will now share the "how to".

To turn the replays ON, you have to:

1. Close the game client.

2. BACKUP preferences.xml file found in the game folder.

3.a Download and copy the preferences.xml file attached to this post (will reset your other preferences)

3.b Open the original preferences.xml for editing

4. Scroll it till the last lines:

or

5. Paste these lines before </scriptsPreferences>

6. This is how the result should look like:

or 

7. Save the game file and launch the client

8. Enjoy the game!

To run the replay:

1. Find replay in the \replays folder inside the game folder

2. Close the game client

3. After closing the game, drag and drop *.wowreplay file on the icon of WorldOfWarships.exe

Note: You have to be using the same version of the game. Replays will not work with different version of game than weas used to record them!

4. Replay controls:

PageUp & PageDown for playing speed control
Home for normal speed
End for pause (which is actually x100 slower speed)
LMB for toggling camera direction between free & recorded
> & < for fast-forward & rewind (can be used together with Ctrl)

Ctrl+G to hide the user interface

That is all - good luck and have fun!

:izmena:

No.....you do it i aint a data entry clerk.it's your Game & i'm a Paying Gamer....just add tick box please in options menu....thankyou

RogDodgeUK #33 Posted 24 April 2016 - 11:51 AM

• Moderators

numerous posts removed due breaches of the forum rules

ledgeri #34 Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:43 PM

Seaman

• Players

Any Impowements /news?

DrunkSailor_gr #35 Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:12 AM

Seaman

• Players

Are there somewhere to be found old versions of the game (to install them in different folders) so to be able to review older replays?

Magda26 #36 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:01 PM

Seaman

• Players

Witam. Czy mógłby mi ktoś napisać gdzie ttrzeba pisac w. Sprawie bana na wójta?

Magda26 #37 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:02 PM

Seaman

• Players

Bo szukam i szukam I nie mogę znaleźć

mtm78 #38 Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:09 PM

Admiral

• Alpha Tester

Hello, we have a PL section on the forums here -> http://forum.worldof...orum/137-forum/

"First they nerfed the carriers and I didn't speak out because I didn't play carriers.                                    Then they nerfed the torpedoes and I didn't speak out because I didn't play IJN DDs.

Then they nerfed cruiser HE and I didn't speak out because I didn't spam HE.                                             Then they nerved concealment on every class except BB's, and I didn't speak out because I didn't have common sense

Then the BBabies came for me, and there was no one left to speak out for me."        

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users